• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth: Verdict Thread

Doesn't Sarabia have a decent goals record? Need to unlock some of that for us
He’s a good player; worth pointing out, I think, that yesterday is probably the first dose of true English shithousery he’s had.

He’s a good player; worth pointing out, I think, that yesterday is probably the first dose of true English shithousery he’s had.
Sarabia is a good player in the same way that Cunha, Podence, Trincao and Guedes are.

They’re all technically good, skilful and tidy footballers.

What they also are is predictable and non-threatening. They just don’t have that predatory, selfish, goakscorer instinct that we are sadly lacking.

Oh, and I know Podence has 5 goals.

We will get goals from other areas but the club - rightly or wrongly - decided. It to invest in a typical centre forward. That decision making includes JL, I’d imagine.

There are games where we will fall short of not having a centre forward that needs one chance to score. Rather than the ten chances to score that we currently need with our non-scoring front three.

Yesterday was just one of those games, I guess.

I know you didn’t just put Cunha and Sarabia in the same tier as Trincao and Guedes.

Both Cunha and Sarabia need someone to play off and link with in the middle. Until we get Jimenez or Costa working up top they won't look like scoring often.

Reactions: jlo
And yeah it's mentioned above, but why aren't we allowed to make subs while a player is having treatment on the pitch?

Dos anyone know how long the ball was actually in play in the second half? I’d bet it was the lowest at Molineux this season by a good distance.

As you say it is hard for refs to ignore potential injuries so just play 30 minutes a half.
Like others, If they're not going to follow the NFL or even Rugby league and have proper timekeeping, then the fucking ref needs to grab his balls with one hand and stop his fucking watch when the diving, cheating, pretending I'm shot, cant find the ball starts, then after 90 minutes (on his other watch) is up, gather players in the centre circle and say, "Well because you, you and you, were all fucking about and not playing football, You only have another 18 minutes to play. And I'll stop the clock if you start again.
I know he wouldn't but that's just shit.

I know we don't have a lot of time, but Cunha and Sariba need to have a bit of time to get used to a different league and I think some of our existing players need to be better at finding them. Cunha in particular got very frustrated at times against Bournemouth when he asked for, but didn't receive, the ball when he took up good positions.

Too often we play sideways when the forward ball is on and that's an issue for the likes of Neves, Matheus and whoever else is in midfield to sort out.

Sarabia and Cunha are fine, just neither are (hopefully) the option at the #9 next season and yesterday's game was why. As a second option or part of a front three that's quite narrow would be the best option.

I’m gonna be controversial

I didn’t enjoy watching that game. Some of that is because of our own players

Fight me

I get where people are coming from on the “Cunha not being a number 9” debate, but I felt for him a bit on Saturday. There were quite a few occasions where he picked up a good position, but just because our other players panic in forward spaces, he wasn’t picked out (examples of this is when Sarabia was played in behind and opted to drill a shot straight at Neto from a silly angle rather than to roll it across the face of goal for a tap in, or when Nunes drove in to the box and had a shot blocked, all he had to do was a simple sideways pass to Cunha and he’d have had an easy shot on goal).

You could tell he was getting frustrated.

Reactions: jlo
Adama and Cunha doesn't seem an obvious fit.

Adama and Cunha doesn't seem an obvious fit.
Could Cunha play in one of the wide roles and Costa through the middle? Keep Adama on the bench as an impact player.

I think the only thing Costa has in him is to disrupt tired defenders later in a match as with Saints.
Very much this. 20-25 mins at the end is all he has in him at this level sadly.
And he also needs to stop pulling out wide. As Johnny says, he hasn't the legs so dropping out wide negates any effectiveness he may optionally have. He needs to stay in the middle.

Cunha is more a Bobby Firmino type.

He needs Sarabia/ Podence/ Neto to be the goal scorers that he creates for. Adama just didn't fit with those players.

He never has really.
Totally agree, but we have absolutely loads of Bobby Firminio types.

What we don’t have is any Sadio Mane or Mo Salah types to justify all of them.

Back