• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth: Verdict Thread

It’s clear being cheating, diving, injury-feigning cunts is in the Bournemouth DNA and I’d be delighted if they never visit Molineux again.

I agree, but it shouldn't be a surprise when a newly-promoted club deep in the shit comes to Molineux and does this. They're not just gonna roll over for us. They clearly targeted it as a game they could win, and they did just that.

If we have any aspiration to be bigger players in the PL then we'll need to find a better way to deal with frustrations like that rather than the brainless rubbish served up for most of the second half.

Nah, Sarabia was mince today. Created nothing and did nothing of note. His highlight is he gave the ball away slightly less than Podence
Thought he was our most potent threat and was everywhere pressing the ball.

He was slow with his passes at times but he wasn't the worst culprit, that honour goes to Nunes who I thought was awful with his passing

Podence was shockingly bad when he came on too.

On a positive note I thought Semedo was excellent.

I agree, but it shouldn't be a surprise when a newly-promoted club deep in the shit comes to Molineux and does this. They're not just gonna roll over for us. They clearly targeted it as a game they could win, and they did just that.

If we have any aspiration to be bigger players in the PL then we'll need to find a better way to deal with frustrations like that rather than the brainless rubbish served up for most of the second half.
I’m more pissed off that refs allow them to do it and make little attempt to stop it.

Well, we know there's precious little we can rely on refs to get right.

Better to rely on our own players and way of playing, Bournemouth won't be as inclined to time waste if they're a goal down rather than a goal up. With any luck JL will learn a lot from yesterday

I have no idea why nothing is done about time wasting. Surely it’s in the PLs interest to make the product as entertaining as possible? That 45 minutes was a complete waste of everyone’s time.

Seems so many easy ways to remedy it. I’m not too bothered about yellows as it’s putting too much pressure on the referee and creates more “bias”. I’m also not too bothered about ignoring injured players as again it puts too much pressure on the ref to know what’s genuine or not.

Just manage situations better and actually add time on. Teams know they can waste time and it won’t get added on, so they do it more.

I have my weekly moan about time keeping but it’s really infuriating. Few situations yesterday that are just taking the piss. Billing goes down and gets ignored so gets up. Then runs down the full length of the pitch and when the ball goes out then takes the time to go down again, but not straight away, when we’re about to restart to waste more time. Then there’s the whole decision of trainer on or off. Then trainer finally comes on but he gets back up and then Tavernier decides to go down, Who then finally makes his way off the pitch with several stops to look up to the sky or put his shirt over his face. Then we get him off and we have to wait even longer for another sub!

Then after another injury later on, go through the same old rigmarole again but this time Wolves want to make a sub. But of course we can’t get the subs on while the players being treated, we have to wait until afterwards!?

Then my final moan is when Zemura went down after a basic foul right in front of the ref, linesman and 4th official. So surely they could see he was taking the piss. It took 50 seconds from when the foul was given to when the ball was back in play and obviously he was absolutely fine.

Don’t add that on though do you. 6 minutes?! Now in this instance it would have made no difference. But it’s massively damaging the product for the PL and it’s happening every week. Time wasting is effectively promoted and not punished. Either add the time on like at the WC, where this was universally accepted as beneficial to the game and added more “drama” or introduce the independent time keeper in a 60 min game. I have no idea why either isn’t being done.

I have no idea why nothing is done about time wasting. Surely it’s in the PLs interest to make the product as entertaining as possible? That 45 minutes was a complete waste of everyone’s time.

Seems so many easy ways to remedy it. I’m not too bothered about yellows as it’s putting too much pressure on the referee and creates more “bias”. I’m also not too bothered about ignoring injured players as again it puts too much pressure on the ref to know what’s genuine or not.

Just manage situations better and actually add time on. Teams know they can waste time and it won’t get added on, so they do it more.

I have my weekly moan about time keeping but it’s really infuriating. Few situations yesterday that are just taking the piss. Billing goes down and gets ignored so gets up. Then runs down the full length of the pitch and when the ball goes out then takes the time to go down again, but not straight away, when we’re about to restart to waste more time. Then there’s the whole decision of trainer on or off. Then trainer finally comes on but he gets back up and then Tavernier decides to go down, Who then finally makes his way off the pitch with several stops to look up to the sky or put his shirt over his face. Then we get him off and we have to wait even longer for another sub!

Then after another injury later on, go through the same old rigmarole again but this time Wolves want to make a sub. But of course we can’t get the subs on while the players being treated, we have to wait until afterwards!?

Then my final moan is when Zemura went down after a basic foul right in front of the ref, linesman and 4th official. So surely they could see he was taking the piss. It took 50 seconds from when the foul was given to when the ball was back in play and obviously he was absolutely fine.

Don’t add that on though do you. 6 minutes?! Now in this instance it would have made no difference. But it’s massively damaging the product for the PL and it’s happening every week. Time wasting is effectively promoted and not punished. Either add the time on like at the WC, where this was universally accepted as beneficial to the game and added more “drama” or introduce the independent time keeper in a 60 min game. I have no idea why either isn’t being done.
Dos anyone know how long the ball was actually in play in the second half? I’d bet it was the lowest at Molineux this season by a good distance.

As you say it is hard for refs to ignore potential injuries so just play 30 minutes a half.

They dealt with it in the world cup by adding on a more appropriate amount of time. No idea why our leagues don't just do the same

I thought sarabia in particular, and also cunha made a number of good runs & similar movements in the 1st half, but frequently weren't found with a pass. Neves started to notice & look for them, but the rest of the team need to as well.

Frustrating as it is, we gotta remember we're a bottom half team in transition. For me there are still many positives, as we're passing & moving the ball well, final 3rd excepted.

Someone said earlier that yesterday's midfield 3 doesn't work. I'd agree that 3 shouldn't be starting.

Very surprised that 2 signings I was ambivalent about (Dawson & lemina) seem to be critical for our balance.

Oh & agree with @Johnny75 semedo had the best game I can recall seeing him in. He was superb as covering/last man, his tackling/anticipation was very good. He's a different player under lopetegui.

Very very poor and disappointing result against probably the poorest side we've seen all season leaves us thinking of what might have been, could/should have been sat 8 points clear this morning. After the euphoria of hammering Liverpool the other week it was hard coming out of there with a Lagesque defeat.

Our attacking play was pretty good and constant first half but yet again lacked the cutting edge to capitalise on it. Bournemouth didn't look remotely threatening.

I thought Lop may have made one of his half time changes to liven things up but he waited until the hour mark to introduce Podence and RAN for Matheus and Bueno.

After Bournemouth took the lead our game fell apart, too rushed, too many loose passes. As others have said we missed Lemina and missed having Neves further forward and missed a focal point up top.

Bournemouth's time wasting was predictable but understandable but all on Salisbury for not dealing with it, they were taking the piss out of him. Another game where we seemed to get little while they got everything. The shove in the back on Dawson first half unpunished but everytime we touched one of them it was a free kick.

Still, the defeat was our own doing and with some tough fixtures coming up we really needed to win this one especially with all the other results going against us. Awful day.

Sarabia is your typical modern Spanish player. He's technically good, but he's not a threat playing from wide in this league. He looks to be one that needs to play as a #10 and be able to receive it in tight spaces without the Podence flick fetish.

Cunha - who knows. Another nice footballer but he's laughable in the air and spends less time in the box than current Raul. Looks to have Podence's technique of a 5 year old when shooting too.

We've essentially got a vast collection of 'attacking' players where you're hard placed to say where their best position is.

If we can flip Nunes for £40m in the summer then we shouldn't even hesitate. He doesn't appear to be able to impact a game unless he's in a clear central two, which again, we've moved away from.

After now seeing their goal we had 15 positions just like that in the first half. The difference was they had a man make a run and someone look up to pick him out. Whilst we added a defender unaware of the situation into the mix.

After now seeing their goal we had 15 positions just like that in the first half. The difference was they had a man make a run and someone look up to pick him out. Whilst we added a defender unaware of the situation into the mix.
That was my frustration yesterday. Nobody made those runs and our midfield 3 of Moutinho, Neves and Nunes never are, it's just not their game.

Just watch the sky highlights to see how frustrating it is. We get the ball down the channels and none of the midfield 3 want to get in the box. All just inexplicably jogging or walking. They need to be in the box and then Neves where they are standing.

Even if you don’t win the first you might get on the loose ball or force a mistake. Or at least get to recycle an attack and already have 4 players in there.

Was Lage-esque. Under him we went down the sides and refused to cross. This time we did the same but crossed to no one. Surely they haven’t worked on doing that all week? Relying on set pieces and worldies again basically.

Podence needs to play, I get he frustrates people but he's on 5 goals and is the only likely player to score a goal out of the forward options. I doubt any of the rest get to 5 between now and the end of the season.

Doesn't Sarabia have a decent goals record? Need to unlock some of that for us

Back