• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth: Verdict Thread

Sarabia’s goal record last season suggests he might be too.
All about getting him in the right areas. I'm not entirely sure where he was supposed to be playing on Saturday. Bar that one near post chance first half (decent block, the kind that Kilman manifestly failed to even get close to offering on the goal) I'm not sure he got in the box at all.

The Willian thing will always confuse me. It really should have worked; he was exactly the profile we needed.

C’est la vie I suppose.

Might have helped if he tried.

Complete coward. Used to hide from the ball.

The question is why he gave up tbf.

The two players who we bought in January ( you could include last Summer as well ) , who have made an immediate impression are Dawson and Lemina - both of whom have Premier League experience .
Others may impress a lot more in time , but often we find that players coming from other leagues take a long time to settle and show their true worth , and in some cases they never make it in this league at all .

The two players who we bought in January ( you could include last Summer as well ) , who have made an immediate impression are Dawson and Lemina - both of whom have Premier League experience .
Others may impress a lot more in time , but often we find that players coming from other leagues take a long time to settle and show their true worth , and in some cases they never make it in this league at all .
Bollocks.

Lemina was mercurial at best when last he suited up for a Prem club.

Looks a different player thus far.

The problem is I saw Lemina have some really good games for Southampton but he didn't last there as his general levels of performance didn't last like that. Fingers crossed as he's matured as a player he can find that consistency here.

By all accounts he was consistently excellent for Nice.

I posted an oldish interview with him where he came across as an absolute bellend but it seems he's grown up.

Bollocks.
No it's not . It is quite clear to see . The number of players we have bought over the years , when we were in the Premier League , established players from leagues in Portugal , Spain and elsewhere , who have struggled to settle , struggled to show why we bought them in the first place , is too high .
In that same period we bought very few players who were already playing in the Premier League with the cost of these players being cited as a reason .
Should we be buying more players , or a higher % of our yearly purchases from the Premier League is my question ? Yes the cost will be higher , but if they settle quicker - is it not worth it ?
A lot of out foreign buys look unfit for the for level required of a Premier League match at the beginning . Others arrive with good records , but fail to match that in the first 12 months .

It's just a debating point , but I think we have bought far too many players that have not matched the standards expected . Maybe we just got greedy when we saw what Neves,Moutinho,Jota and Jiminez did - two of those began life in the Championship though which is a lower standard , a third was a world class player at the time . Jiminez was the exception - very few expected what he produced .

No it's not . It is quite clear to see . The number of players we have bought over the years , when we were in the Premier League , established players from leagues in Portugal , Spain and elsewhere , who have struggled to settle , struggled to show why we bought them in the first place , is too high .
In that same period we bought very few players who were already playing in the Premier League with the cost of these players being cited as a reason .
Should we be buying more players , or a higher % of our yearly purchases from the Premier League is my question ? Yes the cost will be higher , but if they settle quicker - is it not worth it ?
A lot of out foreign buys look unfit for the for level required of a Premier League match at the beginning . Others arrive with good records , but fail to match that in the first 12 months .

It's just a debating point , but I think we have bought far too many players that have not matched the standards expected . Maybe we just got greedy when we saw what Neves,Moutinho,Jota and Jiminez did - two of those began life in the Championship though which is a lower standard , a third was a world class player at the time . Jiminez was the exception - very few expected what he produced .
Buy more PL players even though our best players have come from outside the PL.

Oh and Costa has struggled massively this season and Collins was a bombscare under Lage. Both plenty of PL experience.

That's why your long winded post is bollocks.

Buy more PL players even though our best players have come from outside the PL.

Oh and Costa has struggled massively this season and Collins was a bombscare under Lage. Both plenty of PL experience.

That's why your long winded post is bollocks.
Most of our players were a bomb scare under Lage - even Neves clocked off some days . Right now , if you look at the teams that people are choosing for Fulham - they are nearly including Collins .
Collins has a mistake in him - but I'd still have him ahead of Kilman . My belief is that he will be a fine player in time and has already shown us enough to prove that . He never hides either - unlike some of our other far more expensive purchases from outside the PL .

Are you referring to Castro - as in Jonny Castro ? Two serious injuries behind - very hard to blame him if the legs are gone . Not agreeing with you there .

As for long winded - most posts here are no shorter than mine - no idea where you're coming from there .

It's just a discussion point , which I'm standing over .

Back