• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth: Verdict Thread

His relative lack of speed into the collision saved him.

I wondered when Doc would be criticised for being on the receiving end of a nasty tackle, surprised it took till now.

Thought Kilman was really good last night. I think blaming him for the goal is pretty harsh. Maybe he could have done better but he’s off balance and hung a leg out, it’s one of those things. The rest of his game was great and dealt with Solanke 1v1 very well and had the better of him for pace and strength.

I agree he’s a shit captain. But the assessments of his performance in general and last night are miles off

I know Janet is indirectly on the PL payroll, but this argument never holds water for me. They'll say yesterday's was the correct decision, but we all know in terms of the spirit of the game and the laws it wasn't

Educational standards in the UK would be going through the roof if we let the kids mark the exams (granted, at my old school the ‘correct decision rate’ would still mange to miss 100%).

I know Janet is indirectly on the PL payroll, but this argument never holds water for me. They'll say yesterday's was the correct decision, but we all know in terms of the spirit of the game and the laws it wasn't

That's is such a bullshit argument, are we talking decades here until the game is played like EA sports and all the fun is gone from it? It's been 5 years already and it's getting fucking worse, much much worse.

I'm done discussing it with it's defenders, it like defending Brexit, it's shit, everyone knows it's shit, and getting Great British blue cards or whatever wank they can think of next is as likely to fix VAR as blue passports and pints of wine fixed Brexit.

I mean he literally goes with one foot.

No idea how Bohemians Doc survived such a vicious assault.

View attachment 10224
A short note to you......

Ever time you mention Matt Doherty , can you please leave Bohemians out of it and the League of Ireland . Neither of those two shaped Matt Doherty . He is over in the UK a long time now and has worked under a lot of head coaches - all of whom , for nearly all his career are UK based .
It took a while for Doherty to be capped at full International level on a regular basis , and when it happened it had as much to do with having so few players to call upon as opposed to him being worthy of the cap .
When Doherty left our shores we all expected that he would soon return like so many before him . He didn't , he is still there , still in a Premier League squad , and now is quite likely to complete his career over in the UK and then retire in his mid thirties .
If , as you keep suggesting , he is stealing a living - and a very well paid living at that - then that is down to the opinion of coaches from Wolves to Spurs to Madrid and back to Wolves again . Let's not forget Hibs and Bury as well .
He was only capped at senior level for the first time in 2018 and has only 43 caps - a very small number for his age bracket and someone who has played over in the UK for a long while .

A short note to you......

Ever time you mention Matt Doherty , can you please leave Bohemians out of it and the League of Ireland . Neither of those two shaped Matt Doherty . He is over in the UK a long time now and has worked under a lot of head coaches - all of whom , for nearly all his career are UK based .
It took a while for Doherty to be capped at full International level on a regular basis , and when it happened it had as much to do with having so few players to call upon as opposed to him being worthy of the cap .
When Doherty left our shores we all expected that he would soon return like so many before him . He didn't , he is still there , still in a Premier League squad , and now is quite likely to complete his career over in the UK and then retire in his mid thirties .
If , as you keep suggesting , he is stealing a living - and a very well paid living at that - then that is down to the opinion of coaches from Wolves to Spurs to Madrid and back to Wolves again . Let's not forget Hibs and Bury as well .
He was only capped at senior level for the first time in 2018 and has only 43 caps - a very small number for his age bracket and someone who has played over in the UK for a long while .
Well that was weird.

Lot of weird stuff on here to be fair.

Back