• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

A poor result given the team we put out. I only saw bits of the first half but our defending drastically needs to improve for next season.

I didn't see the disallowed goal live but on the Twitter clip I genuinely couldn't pick out any foul whatsoever.

Last edited:
A poor performance overall, and we can't have too many excuses about injuries.

Second half was better, and we scored a good goal, however we know how that ends when a tiny moment in real time gets made to look like a grade A assault when it's a still picture.

How this gets disallowed but MGW's push on Semedo the other week is fine is totally beyond me.

Also how if it's worthy of a foul and yellow card, how have both the on field ref and linesman both missed it when they are looking right in that area? They say they don't want to re-referee....

Fuck it.

Obviously the ridiculous VAR decision will take centre stage but let's not kid ourselves. We were shit. Well done Sa. Good game.
Boy do we need some reinforcements to keep these guys on their game. Far too easy for them knowing they are playing for nothing.
Expect us to hand Luton 3 pts at the weekend as well.

Other than the latest VAR farce we can't really complain about the result. Sa kept us in it at times, and even when they went down to ten we didn't really create anything.

At least with the lino flagging at the end meant we avoided any further disappointment.

Sounded like an horrific first half and a defensive shambles, that’s 4 straight defeats now at home and 1 win in 9.
Having watched the disallowed goal it took me 3 takes to notice what it’s given for. Sorry that’s maximum interference and goes against the clear and obvious error mantra.
Just looking for reasons to disallow goals. No doubt some wanker like Dermot Gallagher will defend the decision.
It’s annoying because it covers over what sounded like a very grim performance.
This week is what highly annoys your home crowd giving it a jolly good effort v Arsenal then rocking up in flip flops v Bournemouth.

The disallowed goal is an absolute farce of a decision & of course, another one that goes against us. It’s impossible to not feel like there’s some sort of agenda against us because it just keeps happening over & over again, but I have to keep telling myself that they’re incompetent rather than corrupt.

When the defender doesn’t even appeal or complain, and it has absolutely zero impact on the goal - to go back & disallow it - I’m just lost for words but it’s become the norm now. I genuinely do find it difficult to enjoy watching football now & I know I’m not on my own.

All that said, the first half performance was a disgrace. To come out & be that flat, that devoid of any energy or fight - thats not on. The formation/tactics & line up were wrong from the start and that’s on the manager.

I just want the season to be done now. I’ve had enough & it looks like the players have too.

Bournemouth of course celebrating like they’ve won the league at the end. They’ll finish above us now & with Palace currently beating Newcastle 2-0 & in fine form, I’m fairly confident we’ll end up finishing 14th. Laughable really when we couldn’t get a forward over the line in the transfer window yet Jeff & Fosun are seemingly fine with us throwing £3m+ away for every league place we slip back.

Last edited:
What a shitshow. And I didn't even see the 1st half which seemingly was the worst of it.

The disallowed goal is an absolute farce of a decision & of course, another one that goes against us. It’s impossible to not feel like there’s some sort of agenda against us because it just keeps happening over & over again, but I have to keep telling myself that they’re incompetent rather than corrupt.

When the defender doesn’t even appeal or complain, and it has absolutely zero impact on the goal - to go back & disallow it - I’m just lost for words but it’s become the norm now. I genuinely do find it difficult to enjoy watching football now & I know I’m not on my own.

All that said, the first half performance was a disgrace. To come out & be that flat, the devoid of any energy or fight - thats not on. The formation/tactics & line up were wrong from the start and that’s on the manager.

I just want the season to be done now. I’ve had enough & it looks like the players have too.

Bournemouth of course celebrating like they’ve won the league at the end. They’ll finish above us now & with Palace currently beating Newcastle 2-0 & in fine form, I’m fairly confident we’ll end up finishing 14th. Laughable really when we couldn’t get a forward over the line in the summer yet Jeff & Fosun are seemingly fine with us throwing £3m+ away for every league place we slip back.
Telling you... watching the Championship is far more enjoyable. None of this VAR shit and referee's decisions stand. This is no way for football to move forward. Everyone said VAR would clear up the bad errors but all it is doing is creating chaos. It's tough for us because we do seem to be on the end of the bad decisions more often than not but the worrying thing is that it will continue because the standard of refereeing and their interpretation of incidents varies so much from one game to another. Sadly, I don't see it improving and that means more of the same.

How we've gone from well organised and up for the fight against possibly the best team in the league, with half a team, to that first half shambles and lack of effort against a mid table side, with what you'd think was a stronger line up Im not sure.
Then again we've seen it before, play well against the top teams then lose to the whipping boys.

Bournemouth weren't whipping boys, they thoroughly outclassed us all over the pitch. I think we overestimate the quality we have in the side. There are a bunch of not very good players playing week in week out.

Bournemouth weren't whipping boys, they thoroughly outclassed us all over the pitch. I think we overestimate the quality we have in the side. There are a bunch of not very good players playing week in week out.
There are no true scrubs at this level but we could damn well make them work harder for it.

Yeah, whipping boys a bit OTT in their case. Mid table.

Back