• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

Never been so angry with a referee performance, Thiago makes 4 yellow card tackles before actually getting one. Then finally gets one for persistent fouling. The first penalty call is on VAR.
What was the decision which left him (Pawson) in hysterics?

Game stopped on 86 mins, restarted on 100 mins, but then finished on 108 mins. Wankers. Corrupt.
Certainly don’t want an argument and the ref was sht but... isn’t that 4 + 4 = 8 which is OK? There can’t be any injury time added for an injury beyond the allotted time.

xG is expected goals no? Shows the complete nonsense of taking a stat in isolation - anyone who has seen Fabio play would never expect him to score either of the chances he had.
He's got more chance of scoring than someone with a 0.0 xG.

Without Silva our xG was 0.5

Game stopped on 86 mins, restarted on 100 mins, but then finished on 108 mins. Wankers. Corrupt.
It was initially going to be 5 mins added on.

Play stopped on 88. So 5 + 2, which is why the board went up for 7 on 90 mins. Play restarts on 100 and 107 FT is blown.

The extra bit at the end was the ref's discretion for stuff after the restart.

We are gradually seeing less and less actual football being played per match. We are being robbed of an actual 90 mins of football.

We are gradually seeing less and less actual football being played per match. We are being robbed of an actual 90 mins of football.
Average ball in play time is around 55-60 minutes I think. Sometimes I wonder if they should just have it on a clock like basketball and play 30 minute halves!

It was initially going to be 5 mins added on.

Play stopped on 88. So 5 + 2, which is why the board went up for 7 on 90 mins. Play restarts on 100 and 107 FT is blown.

The extra bit at the end was the ref's discretion for stuff after the restart.
That’s how I wish I’d explained it!

Rui - 7 one excellent save, he should have got to Jota's shot.

Semedo - 7 good going forward
Boly - 7 really strong great to see him back.
Coady - 7 back to his best distribution
Saiss - 6 not the best he was on the wrong side which did not help.
Jonny - 6 not as good as normal
Neves - 6 drifted in and out missed an esy chance
Willian -7 best game he had for us
Traore - 7 caused problems
Neto - 5 not in the game
Mout - 7 thought he had a decent game
Bit hard on Jonny there, I know he's not back to his classical best but he didn't do a lot wrong

Really not going to comment much on the game though we tried harder than we have done, but with still no cutting edge & good to see Boly back.

Only relevant point is Rui's situation, though Nuno has just been on to say that he is concious & aware of what happened & seems not to be as serious as it lokked.

I am making a general comment. Not concerned with all your post. Post on my own & I just get abuse & the hysterical laugh from Johnny.
If you're not concerned with my post then don't quote it, that might help avoid the confusion

A real shame that, the best we've played in a good long while. The goal is off one of our patented awful throws and we couldn't quite knit it together at the other end. Obviously delighted that Rui is ok. Refereeing was bloody awful, we should have had two penalties.

Rui - probably should have saved the goal though it's a scuffer, Jota didn't mean to put it there. Don't let him travel, stay safe.

Coady - did fine, probably should have scored though

Saiss - no issues although never as comfortable on the right

Boly - an excellent return, even if Pawson was determined to keep giving fouls against him for no reason

Semedo - played well. Linked inside a lot more than usual

Jonny - standard Jonny

Moutinho - best he's played in a while, was everywhere

Neves - solid game again, having a good season

Adama - poor other than a couple of glimpses here and there

Neto - just poor, didn't do a lot at all

José - his best game in a Wolves shirt...so a shame that he was crap twice in the space of a couple of seconds on their goal. Still never looks like scoring

Fabio - should have scored but he gets in the positions. Lovely flick to MGW

MGW - had to do more with that opportunity, did ok though

Donck - no time

More of that please, we looked decent.

Rui - 7 one excellent save, he should have got to Jota's shot.

Semedo - 7 good going forward
Boly - 7 really strong great to see him back.
Coady - 7 back to his best distribution
Saiss - 6 not the best he was on the wrong side which did not help.
Jonny - 6 not as good as normal
Neves - 6 drifted in and out missed an esy chance
Willian -7 best game he had for us
Traore - 7 caused problems
Neto - 5 not in the game
Mout - 7 thought he had a decent game

One word on Pawson, in the heat of the moment refs get called Cheats etc, never any basis. If it ever came out there was something dodgy it would not surprise me. 2 pens, hand ball when it hit Blly's thigh.

It would not surprise me if he is dropped next week, and how the fuck will they explain Var's inactivity tonight.
Agree in the main. Jose gets a 6 from me. Some good link up play but never in the box & never spots chances to get there. Neto seems a shadow of the player he was a couple of months ago. Moutinho has been better recently.

Really not going to comment much on the game though we tried harder than we have done, but with still no cutting edge & good to see Boly back.

Only relevant point is Rui's situation, though Nuno has just been on to say that he is concious & aware of what happened & seems not to be as serious as it lokked.
Oh and Pawson was crap - Pool players merely needed to fall over to get a FK

Back