• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

If you say so. The match seemed to be shorter because of the injury. It certainly disrupted it. But main thing is that Rui is not badly injured.
‘If I say so’. I’m only counting. You can prove anything you like with the facts can’t you?

I first attended a game in 1988...we have been shit a throw ins since then. Think it's now part of our club DNA.
The current shit is deeper and smellier though!

Liverpool looked a shadow of the team that won the league last season and still we didn't have enough guile and quality to really trouble them. Yes we should have had a penalty, yes Patricio should have saved Jotas shot, yes Neves should have hit the target, yes Coady should do better, but this keeps on happening. We cannot expect to put the same players, in the same position and expect a different outcome. I would be replacing 4 of that starting line up next season, with upgrades and even then I think top10 is about it!

See if Liverpool, or Man Utd had been denied those pens we would never stop hearing about the.

Everyone speaks so highly of him though so he must have something about him

I don't have an axe to grind with the lad, but people speaking highly about him is one thing, him making a breakthrough with us is another. I just can't see it, unless we end up being even worse next season.

I wish he'd stayed at Swansea tbh, would have done him the world of good.

Liverpool looked a shadow of the team that won the league last season and still we didn't have enough guile and quality to really trouble them. Yes we should have had a penalty, yes Patricio should have saved Jotas shot, yes Neves should have hit the target, yes Coady should do better, but this keeps on happening. We cannot expect to put the same players, in the same position and expect a different outcome. I would be replacing 4 of that starting line up next season, with upgrades and even then I think top10 is about it!
We did trouble them though we had 10 shots 5 on target, yes we didn't score but on a better day we would have done

Really, have you never seen the matchday thread before, it starts before the team is announced :ROFLMAO:
I mean this verdict thread....I expect over reaction on the match thread, its a passionate and emotional sport

It’s a hugely frustrating result after what I thought was a good performance. The emotion is pretty much par for the course this season. A poor goal on many fronts. Rui implicated in that and, although Jota seems to score too many near post scuffs for it to be an accident, if there is one keeper who should know that...

So toothless in attack though. Really disappointed in Jose, despite a better show this evening, as I thought he would be a good fit. Wrong there. I don’t understand the conclusively negative thoughts on MGW from a brief appearance, although he was on to his chance like a slug. Neto’s recent form.... tapped up?

Minor point - Jonny did so well making something hard go unmentioned in the build up to Neves miss in the first half (think it was that one anyway). Really good player.

Feels almost cruel to give us a three week break to stew on it when I just want this season over.

We did trouble them though we had 10 shots 5 on target, yes we didn't score but on a better day we would have done
Allison could have taken a nap. He didn't have a difficult save all night. Rui had two and messed one up!

Fact remains if Semedo goes into Allison in the same way the ref will instantly give a free kick. But enough about that we played well defensively and midfield but again look inept in the final third. I lose count now how many times we get into good positions and give the ball away or make the wrong choice.
We hardly had Liverpool pinned back or were creating a hatful of chances. It’s been a depressing boring season which I wish could end now.

Are you arguing with yourself?...
Fucking seems like it. Just been on Twitter where they all have posted what I have basically said on here. To avoid confusion: Pawson & VAR robbed us tonight; Silva should have started because he is the future, Boy was great, Rui let in the winner & the good news is - he is not seriously hurt. Oh & poster Johnny is hysterically funny.

But we have quality players - they are just not producing quality. But I see it in other teams too.

Back