• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

He was reffing to their appeals. There were 3 in the space of a few minutes, the handball, Jonny on Thiago(?) and Traore on Robertson.

To be fair the Traore one was a foul as he lent into his back, it wasn't shoulder to shoulder but he waited for the appeals to grow before giving it. I'm convinced that they would have been given at least one of the two penalty appeals. You can argue that they were soft but neither would have been overturned if given.

No way is Traore going to do Bielsa's high energy running and movement for 90 mins.

Bielsa is not an idiot, if he wants Traore he knows that already.
Same as every other manager that thinks they can harness his ability but ultimately fall.

And Bielsa signed Rodrygo for stupid money and he's bang average.

I hope they sign him so we can move forward as a club.

One thing for me is that we create more when Silva is on the pitch than WJ.

WJ seems to turn invisible when we're looking to get something going
Personal neither is up to scratch. Fabio is one paced and lacks strength and struggles to finish his dinner, Jose has strength but can’t shoot or head the ball and chooses the wrong pass 4 times in 5.
I don’t think any of the front four will be starting with us next season as Neto and Traore are off and WJ will trudge back to Spain. Fabio will be a sub at best for another two or three seasons judging on this seasons progress. Which has been minimal. He has time. We unfortunately, do not.
I know Glasgow will tell me he has watched Fabio score wonder goals in training but he hasn’t in 20 odd games. Another presentable 5 yard header tamely off his shoulder. But at least he was there . I have heard of a fox in the box but Jose turns into a pheasant, running in any direction other than the logical one. Seen enough now to judge and he is found wanting.

Bielsa is not an idiot, if he wants Traore he knows that already.

Mourinho has won just about everything in the game, yet thinks Matt Doherty is a full-back.

Having said that, I think it's false hope to think that Adama is the problem and our issues leave with him. Nuno and the club have properly cocked this season up and the work to undo this over the summer is immense.

Mourinho has won just about everything in the game, yet thinks Matt Doherty is a full-back.

Having said that, I think it's false hope to think that Adama is the problem and our issues leave with him. Nuno and the club have properly cocked this season up and the work to undo this over the summer is immense.
Exactly my feelings. We looked shit and lacking creativity before Raul was injured. I am not pinning all my hopes on the big fella when he returns. He needs better service than we have given him Fabio or WJ if we are to avoid a serious struggle next season

Personal neither is up to scratch. Fabio is one paced and lacks strength and struggles to finish his dinner, Jose has strength but can’t shoot or head the ball and chooses the wrong pass 4 times in 5.
I don’t think any of the front four will be starting with us next season as Neto and Traore are off and WJ will trudge back to Spain. Fabio will be a sub at best for another two or three seasons judging on this seasons progress. Which has been minimal. He has time. We unfortunately, do not.
I know Glasgow will tell me he has watched Fabio score wonder goals in training but he hasn’t in 20 odd games. Another presentable 5 yard header tamely off his shoulder. But at least he was there . I have heard of a fox in the box but Jose turns into a pheasant, running in any direction other than the logical one. Seen enough now to judge and he is found wanting.
Did you miss Donk giving Fabio a nudge just as the ball was dropping to him?

We have the choice of WJ or Fabio for the rest of the season. For me, Fabio should be the one getting the lions share of the game time now, on merit. At the very least, I'd rather have someone braver enough to keep trying over someone who doesn't even get into the right positions

I think Fabio has shown progress, in at least not looking as child like when he plays. WJ hasn't really shown anything since he came here

We had more than enough chances last night even ignoring 2 penalty appeals, Coady, Fabio (2), Neves, Semedo, MGW & Adama all had chances to score.

A proper cock up leaving us in mid-table isn't something to be sniffed at 😉

Did you miss Donk giving Fabio a nudge just as the ball was dropping to him?

We have the choice of WJ or Fabio for the rest of the season. For me, Fabio should be the one getting the lions share of the game time now, on merit. At the very least, I'd rather have someone braver enough to keep trying over someone who doesn't even get into the right positions

I think Fabio has shown progress, in at least not looking as child like when he plays. WJ hasn't really shown anything since he came here
On merit? What would that be?

He's nowhere near ready for a top flight game, I can guarantee that if Fabio was bought on for another team against us we'd be pissing ourselves laughing that they'd paid £35m for him. Deutsch would be coming up with a clever comparison and the rest of us would be asking Ali Dia questions.

Exactly my feelings. We looked shit and lacking creativity before Raul was injured. I am not pinning all my hopes on the big fella when he returns. He needs better service than we have given him Fabio or WJ if we are to avoid a serious struggle next season

We're basically hoping for Nuno and the team to have a few weeks off then return and perform water-into-wine training ground miracles, as well as replicate our excellent summer 2018 transfer window (rather than every pretty mediocre transfer window since).

I'm not sure expecting most of that to fall into place is particularly realistic.

I thought this morning I wonder if Jose & Fabio do bang them in in training? And if they do, how shit is the defence they are attacking in training?

Can't believe people are having a go at Fabio for the missed header where it came of his shoulder, he's not been brilliant but in that case Donk was backing in to him....best bit of defending he's done all season.
Overall we played well and not as bad up front as some are suggesting, 2 pens ignored and a couple of poor finishing efforts....draw would have been a fair result.

We're not the same side as at the beginning of the season though and if you thought it was the same last night you need to lay off the bourbon.

We were not passive, defensive or horseshoe in shape, we actually had adventure. Semedo had the first shot on target from a good move and we carved open Liverpool at will. We have issues with our front 3 and the make up of the squad and we clearly need a RCB (poor Saiss has no right foot).

We need two players, maybe three but not major surgery.

Should have had a point last night. Im not going to mention that excuse of a referee (cunt). But since we lost Jiminez ,it seems like every game we have is like playing with 10 men. We are powder puff up front. Just close this season down NOW.

On merit? What would that be?

He's nowhere near ready for a top flight game, I can guarantee that if Fabio was bought on for another team against us we'd be pissing ourselves laughing that they'd paid £35m for him. Deutsch would be coming up with a clever comparison and the rest of us would be asking Ali Dia questions.
Actually having efforts on goal.

You can still play WJ if you want and still ask questions about why we look toothless.

We're not the same side as at the beginning of the season though and if you thought it was the same last night you need to lay off the bourbon.

We were not passive, defensive or horseshoe in shape, we actually had adventure. Semedo had the first shot on target from a good move and we carved open Liverpool at will. We have issues with our front 3 and the make up of the squad and we clearly need a RCB (poor Saiss has no right foot).

We need two players, maybe three but not major surgery.
If 4231 is the future and Traore off then we need a centre half, wide forward and ACM for the first 11. There's a debate to be had as to who the player alongside Neves is aswell.

Back