• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

I have done all three games and enjoyed all three. I don’t like losing but only the hardest of hearts will not feel optimistic. Last season was dire, pedestrian and insipid. We are completely the opposite this season and still cooking.

I do think we faded in the second half…but it really shouldn’t have been an issue the game should have been over by then. Trincao does everything right, it was a good defensive block. Moutinho knows he should have done better. And Saiss was denied by an instinctive save.

Subs could probably have been made earlier.

Kilman was outstanding again.

I think because of the opponents in the last 3 games everyone has been lenient. Plus playing good football always gives someone more breathing space.
However points need to start being achieved soon otherwise it can fast become a crisis.

I think because of the opponents in the last 3 games everyone has been lenient. Plus playing good football always gives someone more breathing space.
However points need to start being achieved soon otherwise it can fast become a crisis.
It can but let’s review it on 1st October

I think at times players just need a bit more conviction behind their shooting.

Jimenez's early effort was a waste of time, you're not troubling a keeper from there with a steady side foot. Neves similar in the second half, he may as well have stood and pointed where he wanted to put it but even with his weak placed effort he got nowhere near putting it near the corner. Trincao maybe could've put more on his effort that was cleared off the line, certainly could've done more with the effort that Traore squared to him in the second half. Saiss too with his follow up, if he just lashes at it then it probably ends up in the roof of the net unsaveable but I can forgive a centre half on his weaker foot being more conservative to some extent, you expect that to be a tap in 9 times out of 10.

Beyond that I don't think there's a lot wrong, barely giving up any real chances against even with Coady's obvious weakness in that sort of system and with the ball it's a massive breath of fresh air. The movement is a massive improvement on recent times and it's allowing much greater interplay between players, chances are no longer at a premium, they just need a few players to start sticking them away.

Shout out to the absolute tool who brought his child into the BW and then took his jacket off to reveal a Utd shirt underneath. Then proceeded to argue with the stewards who told him to get the fuck out.

I think at times players just need a bit more conviction behind their shooting.

Jimenez's early effort was a waste of time, you're not troubling a keeper from there with a steady side foot. Neves similar in the second half, he may as well have stood and pointed where he wanted to put it but even with his weak placed effort he got nowhere near putting it near the corner. Trincao maybe could've put more on his effort that was cleared off the line, certainly could've done more with the effort that Traore squared to him in the second half. Saiss too with his follow up, if he just lashes at it then it probably ends up in the roof of the net unsaveable but I can forgive a centre half on his weaker foot being more conservative to some extent, you expect that to be a tap in 9 times out of 10.

Beyond that I don't think there's a lot wrong, barely giving up any real chances against even with Coady's obvious weakness in that sort of system and with the ball it's a massive breath of fresh air. The movement is a massive improvement on recent times and it's allowing much greater interplay between players, chances are no longer at a premium, they just need a few players to start sticking them away.
The off the ball movement and the tempo to our passing are night and day different to the last couple of seasons where everything became slow, ponderous and boring.

What would you change?

As Bruno has said, in the 1st half we kicked the ball out when they had an injured player. When we had an injured player (Neves) they just carried on playing, and scored. Shitbags.

Andre Marriner is a Villa fan though, so you could ask the same question about him.

As I’ve said my anger is with Stewart Attwell more I think the fact Neves takes two steps then goes down puts doubt in Dean mind. But how Attwell can look at replays s as I’d say yep that’s not a clear foul nor is it a clear and obvious error baffles me.

As I’ve said my anger is with Stewart Attwell more I think the fact Neves takes two steps then goes down puts doubt in Dean mind. But how Attwell can look at replays s as I’d say yep that’s not a clear foul nor is it a clear and obvious error baffles me.
Its Man Utd.

Back