• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

Little video on Adama's contributions. You hear all the time he has no end product, but if the people he passed to had one then maybe he would be the assists king!
We are unfortunately a team full of non strikers with Raul not up to speed. On the training videos you can see they are trying to change it, but scoring is something you just have and it's not taught (generally).
Yes, the refs decision was part of it, but when you have 57 attempts and zero goals then there is only one place to look imo.

Burnley penalty was Dean too I think

1st Cardiff pen was bollocks imo
Yes the Doherty one!

There is an unusually high ratio of pens/controversial decisions against Wolves when he is ref?

I certainly don't think he is cheating or bias against us or any bollocks like that, he's just incompetent, and we have been unlucky that we have been on the arse end of it so often.

I am going to say this quietly. I do prefer Bruno’s football to Nuno’s football. I know Nuno did wonders for us over the last four seasons, but the brand of football last season was bloody awful. We may have lost the first three games this season but we look so so much better

I am going to say this quietly. I do prefer Bruno’s football to Nuno’s football. I know Nuno did wonders for us over the last four seasons, but the brand of football last season was bloody awful. We may have lost the first three games this season but we look so so much better
Me too, but i think we'd have more than 0 goals and 0 points if Nuno was still in charge, and that's what it is all about.

Yes the Doherty one!

There is an unusually high ratio of pens/controversial decisions against Wolves when he is ref?

I certainly don't think he is cheating or bias against us or any bollocks like that, he's just incompetent, and we have been unlucky that we have been on the arse end of it so often.

Albion in May not allowing advantage that would have led to a goal scoring chance.
Officials aren’t corrupt just incompetent, inconsistent and unaccountable.
Seems like also if the on field ref is more senior to the VAR officials they’re more reluctant to change a call.

I've been as critical of Nuno (last season) and as open-minded about Bruno as anyone, but points and goals still have to come into the equation. Without them no manager has a prayer in the medium and long term.

Bruno still has some way to go, we are great to watch but there's a little bit of pressure on the next batch of three games. Let's hope for a couple more strong signings followed by a couple of decent results

I’ve enjoyed how we’ve played in both games but not enjoyed the feeling after both defeats.
Our approach is exciting and proactive hopefully it will pay off soon.
If it doesn’t it’s just a flawed exercise unfortunately.

How much are PL referees payed now? Last I saw it was about £80-90k a year.
Proportion of that is for the high pressure they’re exposed to.
Reality is I wouldn’t sleep to well after reffing Man Utd v Liverpool if I’d made a tight call. Academic wise it’s not that taxing 90 % of the laws are straightforward.

I'm very much enjoying the style atm, however to use an overused cliche...no end product. I'm hopeful that over the next 3 or 4 games we pick up 7-8 points and we can all settle down to an enjoyable season.
As for being better than the football we had under Nuno...certainly more fun than last season but the previous 3 seasons were a joy, different to Bruno obviously, a defensive set up but the way we stole the ball in our own half and 3 or 4 passes later had it in the net was brilliant.

Albion in May not allowing advantage that would have led to a goal scoring chance.
Officials aren’t corrupt just incompetent, inconsistent and unaccountable.
Seems like also if the on field ref is more senior to the VAR officials they’re more reluctant to change a call.
So, corrupt then

So, corrupt then
Not with the intent to screw over 1 club to another no. It’s like any profession you walk new through the door trying tell a veteran set in their ways they’ve made a mistake, not easy.

Breakout game by Adama. I hope it doesn't mean he is trying to impress Tottenham.
His one undeveloped skill is the finishing strike. Sadly, everyone else keeps missing...

The rules of the game are inane.

A team can accumulate 14 yellow cards per game to stop a player like Traore without any penalty. In the NBA, team fouls are tracked as well as personals, so accumulation of either carries a penalty. In ice hockey, water polo, lacrosse- there are "power plays", meaning a player committing a foul sits out for a short period. Because the red card is such an extreme sanction, referees are reluctant to issue them- like how they used to ignore all but the worst fouls in the box.

One referee (with 2 silent assistants) is incapable of covering all the action on the field. VAR is applied inconsistently. (Chelsea went down a man after a hand ball off a deflection- definitely a penalty but not clearly intentional.) Fouls which risk injury to an opponent should be treated much more harshly than others- and so-called "professional fouls"- when a player has been beaten by a faster opponent and delibeartely stops the progress- should be sharply discouraged.

At the very least, a player substituted in for one with a yellow should be sent off upon earning his own yellow. "Persistent fouling" should be expanded to apply to multiple fouls on a particular attacking player over the course of a game- if they refuse to keep running totals. But I'd rather see a rule that 4 yelllows for reckless fouls carry a "team" red...

Clear foul on Neves, especially when you consider Perez's at West Ham when he was off balance (still a red)....Pogba has decided to go in like that deliberately.

WIthout Traore, the attacking threats, in comparison, are non-existent.
Sa has to save that....Saiss has to score.

Out of curiosity why do you think we would have scored more? Under a manager for whom the last 18 months or so saw us frequently struggle to create, let alone score?

Did we ever not score 3 games in a row under him? I think it's unfair people still just continue to presume things would carry on as was, even with the summer, return of Raul etc it's as easier to speculate he maybes fixes some issues as it is to presume nothing would have changed, especially as he is currently top of the league with his new side.

Did we ever not score 3 games in a row under him? I think it's unfair people still just continue to presume things would carry on as was, even with the summer, return of Raul etc it's as easier to speculate he maybes fixes some issues as it is to presume nothing would have changed, especially as he is currently top of the league with his new side.
I'm pretty sure we got 0 points in these fixtures last season. I don't see how we would do better if we were creating less chances and playing poorer, and that would yield better results?

I've always dreamt of having a manager in charge who has scored 0 goals and got zero points from 3 games. XG was designed for clown posts like this.

I'm pretty sure we got 0 points in these fixtures last season. I don't see how we would do better if we were creating less chances and playing poorer, and that would yield better results?

Well you are unpacking two different things, I asked if we ever didn't score 3 games in a row (geniune question)

And I was also saying you can't just assume we would have played worse in these games under Nuno, in these games this year. Like everyone seems to just presume that was it for him.

Well you are unpacking two different things, I asked if we ever didn't score 3 games in a row (geniune question)

And I was also saying you can't just assume we would have played worse in these games under Nuno, in these games this year. Like everyone seems to just presume that was it for him.
It's kind of irrelevant though if we failed to score 3 in a row under Nuno, what's to say we wouldn't go 10 games in a row this season if Nuno was in charge without scoring a goal?

Given how we finished last season, and the general malaise around the place I don't see how we would have started this season any better.

There could have been a Nuno-lution during the summer but I think the status-quo carrying over from last season is more likely

Back