• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

I've always dreamt of having a manager in charge who has scored 0 goals and got zero points from 3 games. XG was designed for clown posts like this.
I’m not really sure what’s wrong with what he said. Many are saying simililar, quietly optimistic about the way we are playing with an obvious need to start scoring and picking up points soon.

That is harsh as fuck Tony
I don't think it is. My comment isn't meant as a criticism of Bruno, Im not going to start drawing a conclusion until the next International break - although facts are facts. It's the desperation from Cyber who was Nuno's biggest critic to drag him into the conversation. We had games as exciting as yesterday under him against the top sides. Some we won, some we lost, all now conveniently forgotten after what everyone would agree was a dull season. The atmosphere yesterday came across when I watched on the tele afterwards as crackling, that's a big part of the excitement, it wouldn't have been like that last season whoever was managing the team

Atmosphere doesn't play any part for me.

I've preferred the football from the last 3 games opposed to most of what came before it. Moving the ball quicker and being more proactive in getting it back, it's more engaging to watch from my point of view, even if the balls not ending up in the back of the net.

It was always going to be a tough start with those three fixtures under a new manager.

We didn't deserve to lose any of them IMO, and they were all by a single goal. So I'm not concerned. The goals and points will come. If this is still happening after playing bottom half teams, then there's a genuine reason to be worried. But not until then really.

What really grates with me is Dean just toddles off home and never has to face the press. Referees should be available for interview post game just like managers. I genuinely want to hear why Atwell didn’t refer Dean to look at it again. Did he think there was no contact? If so he should be struck off instantly and referred to Specsavers. If he did see contact, studs up and a straight leg at the moment of impact why doesn’t he deem it a foul? Make referees accountable and I guarantee they’ll start making better decisions rather than hiding behind waffle from retired referees.

I don't think it is. My comment isn't meant as a criticism of Bruno, Im not going to start drawing a conclusion until the next International break - although facts are facts. It's the desperation from Cyber who was Nuno's biggest critic to drag him into the conversation. We had games as exciting as yesterday under him against the top sides. Some we won, some we lost, all now conveniently forgotten after what everyone would agree was a dull season. The atmosphere yesterday came across when I watched on the tele afterwards as crackling, that's a big part of the excitement, it wouldn't have been like that last season whoever was managing the team
Bullshit and you know it. You were one of the posters most critical of the Bruno appointment and you’re entrenched in your view that he’s never going to be as good as Nuno. It’s ok to admit it and it’s ok to concede that maybe, just maybe, Bruno is capable of doing a decent job. On the evidence of the way we play I would rather watch his Wolves than the last 2 season’s of Nunoball.

Did we ever not score 3 games in a row under him? I think it's unfair people still just continue to presume things would carry on as was, even with the summer, return of Raul etc it's as easier to speculate he maybes fixes some issues as it is to presume nothing would have changed, especially as he is currently top of the league with his new side.
Not as far as I know (though that does include games like Chorley where Vitinha scored what was basically our only chance from a 35 yarder)

Its fair enough that you can argue it both ways, but just based on what actually happened (including resumption after lockdown and before Raul was injured) there was a definite trend, IMO. Nuno didn't have Raul, equally Bruno doesn't have Neto, for example. It's all hypotheticals.

Law of averages suggests that the team that creates more scores more, other things being equal. What he's doing at Spurs doesn't really bear relevance here, completely different team, circumstances etc.

Bullshit and you know it. You were one of the posters most critical of the Bruno appointment and you’re entrenched in your view that he’s never going to be as good as Nuno. It’s ok to admit it and it’s ok to concede that maybe, just maybe, Bruno is capable of doing a decent job. On the evidence of the way we play I would rather watch his Wolves than the last 2 season’s of Nunoball.
Just not true...but carry on

You believe(d) we are more likely to be looking for a new manager next year than finishing top half. You have regularly criticised his appointment… but carry on.

Actually since his appointment I've been nothing other than supportive, my issues were with the lack of a recruitment process and that the chances of that leading to the best candidate are reduced.

I spend £100's following the team, not to mention the time investment. If you think that means I want him to fail to be 'right' on the internet then that says more about your sociopathic tendencies than mine.

Not as far as I know (though that does include games like Chorley where Vitinha scored what was basically our only chance from a 35 yarder)

Its fair enough that you can argue it both ways, but just based on what actually happened (including resumption after lockdown and before Raul was injured) there was a definite trend, IMO. Nuno didn't have Raul, equally Bruno doesn't have Neto, for example. It's all hypotheticals.

Law of averages suggests that the team that creates more scores more, other things being equal. What he's doing at Spurs doesn't really bear relevance here, completely different team, circumstances etc.

This is mostly fair, however the team that creates most chances doesn't score more as long ball tactics proved that, we seem to be creating a lot of low quality chances still. For all our shots and efforts De Gea has only made two saves? One was fantastic but the first is headed straight at him.

I am warming to Bruno but I massively dislike the whole 'Nunoball' thinking already creeping in.

This is fair, however the team that creates most chances doesn't score more as long ball tactics proved that, we seem to be creating a lot of low quality chances still. For all our shots and efforts De Gea has only made two real saves? One was fantastic but the first is headed straight at him. The Raul shot too, and then the Trincao one you want your keeper to save.

I am warming to Bruno but I massively dislike the whole 'Nunoball' thinking already creeping in that he was just some spent manager and that's the only side of the discussion people will accept.

Watching their goal again, as we've said Sa was awful, but Marcal was equally as bad in just letting Greenwood find the space to shoot.

2 x penalties against Cardiff (probably both fair)
Last minute penalty against Villa - and sent Moutinho off
Penalty against Burnley (Doherty)
1 for United last season
Today

All from Dean, i'm sure there are more?
He also gave us two penalties when we played Spurs and lost 3-2 though.

He also gave us two penalties when we played Spurs and lost 3-2 though.
Oi, that doesn't fit the narrative :)

It's clear though if he is ref there is going to be a major decision, and more likely than not it will fuck us.

As i said, i don't think he is bias at all, it's just how things have turned out, and given how the players have reacted on Social Media it's going to be a big aspect of the game next time he refs us.

As Lage said, Marçal was asking for the ball to be put out as we did for Pogba. Everybody switched off and they scored. Shit from us, shithousery from them.
Didn't hear that, that's even worse from Marcal then, you just don't do that!

Don't think its true, revisionist and very selective in the sense it's become 18 months, disrespectful to what he achieved, ignores Nuno's fantastic record against the top 6 which I personally found exciting, so it just really grates me.
Whilst this is true, it can't be said for more recent performances.

Man United at home for Nunos last game springs to mind.

Don't think its true, revisionist and very selective in the sense it's become 18 months, disrespectful to what he achieved, ignores Nuno's fantastic record against the top 6 which I personally found exciting, so it just really grates me.
I thought our results against the top six fell away after the first season?

Back