• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Norwich (FA Cup 4th Rd): Verdict Thread

The booing at half and full time which in isolation was justified isn't in the wider picture. Someone 4 rows ahead of me was wearing a half and half scarf.

Ill never understand why people are incapable of looking down at a row letter and across at a number. Utterly baffling.

I think a lot season ticket holders gave this a miss today. I was surrounded by people I didn’t know who were incapable of finding the correct row and seat number and then had the audacity to boo at full time.
Good for them. They were poorly entertained.

I’m not sure what Fabio could have done much better. Raul did not exactly look likely when he came on. Fabio needs players to work better with him. He needs a run of games. The main reason we lost today was because Kilman, one of my favourite players, needlessly committed a foul. I was yards away from this & it was a definite foul.

I'd place more blame on our ancient sub keeper who makes my 65 year old dad look nimble.

I think a lot season ticket holders gave this a miss today. I was surrounded by people I didn’t know who were incapable of finding the correct row and seat number and then had the audacity to boo at full time.
Too many utter wankers in the SB today.

From the dickhead who shouted shoot inside the first minute to the dickhead who was up and down to the pisser every 10 minutes.

Even on the way out there were people just charging around trying to get out. Complete pricks who can't normally go to football matches or be aware of Hillsborough as they were pushing people out of the way.

There was plenty of usual season ticket holders by us but you can spot the dickheads a mile off.

I’ve not read through the thread so forgive me if all this has said before.
My heart sank when I saw the front two in the line up. Fabio and Raul maybe as a two but never Fabio and Podence. The squad may look better in 2/4 weeks but without Trincao today it looked light.
Terrible first half with Donk in a role as the Attack Prevention Officer.
A bright 10 minute spell in the second half but apart from that we created little. I’d have bought Chiq on for Donk as the first sub and when it did happen it was too late and left us unbalanced. He did look ok in his cameo though. The frustrating version of podence on show and last seasons Silva
Semedo motm.

No, but it wasn't justified today. We weren't smashed and we didn't give up. The players were clearly trying, just not good enough today and the manager dropped a bollock. He hasn't dropped many.

But booing? Fuck that, twats.

Oh I agree entirely, it was completely unjustified today, and in the context of the season. It was more of quip than a commentary/endorsement

As an observation I was struck by how few familiar faces there were around us today. We seemed to be in the minority of STs who had turned up in our section.

The players need to take a long, hard look at themselves because that was a piss poor attitude to a game of football, especially first half! Another season passes, another FA Cup fuck up!

Properly shite.

Second game we've barely mustered fuck all against these. After the 0-0 draw they conceded 18 in their next 6. Let's see what they achieve in the following 6.

Dendoncker needs binning. I have no idea what he is. Can't press, can't pass, can't shoot, doesn't score. He had some uses 18 months ago but has been consistently gash since. The idea that Neves and Joao leave in the summer and this guy forms part of the replacement two is the stuff of nightmares.

Part of the first half is on Bruno, he evidently didn't trust Chiq from the off so decided to waste a shirt on Waitrose Dave playing Cm come wide forward.

Fabio and Podence have no physicality so the best thing to do is play deep and really isolate them from everybody else on the pitch. No? Our only other option (in Rauls absence) for now is Trincao who isnt physical and a bit of a bottler to boot.

Chiquinho put in a couple of reasonable crosses, the Raul of old would be loving attacking those, the current one not so much.

MoTM: RAN

The players need to take a long, hard look at themselves because that was a piss poor attitude to a game of football, especially first half! Another season passes, another FA Cup fuck up!
I’m not so sure the attitude was off - though I completely sympathise with your view. Quite often during the first half I thought the players were trying to get something going and looked frustrated more than disengaged. Points to the system and plan at fault.

Coote was poor on many levels.

One of the many strange decisions I couldn’t understand was when Donk nicked the ball off of a going to ground Gilmore.
Oh and i sat on the wrong row😀. I’m blaming having a 7 year old with me and carrying a drink hats gloves print at home tickets. Fortunately I realised my mistake before the seat holder arrived.

One of the many strange decisions I couldn’t understand was when Donk nicked the ball off of a going to ground Gilmore.
Oh and i sat on the wrong row😀. I’m blaming having a 7 year old with me and carrying a drink hats gloves print at home tickets. Fortunately I realised my mistake before the seat holder arrived.
That was a shocker of a decision wasn’t it? Worst of a bad bunch.

I do my very best to be pragmatic about refereeing performances but Coote was absolutely diabolical today. And in a way that favored Norwich.

Haven't been so pissed at an official in a long while now.

Coote has always been a shocking ref the first I remember seeing him was when we played Villa in 2016. He missed the stamp by Grealish on Coady, didn’t send Chester off for a blatant second yellow and didn’t give the biggest stonewall penalty.

Back