• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Norwich (FA Cup 4th Rd): Verdict Thread

No, but it wasn't justified today. We weren't smashed and we didn't give up. The players were clearly trying, just not good enough today and the manager dropped a bollock. He hasn't dropped many.

But booing? Fuck that, twats.
I just don't get booing your own team, it's not like they're trying to be crap, if anything it makes more sense to get behind the team when things aren't going well.

I do my very best to be pragmatic about refereeing performances but Coote was absolutely diabolical today. And in a way that favored Norwich.

Haven't been so pissed at an official in a long while now.
Nearly as bad as the idiot doing the Scotland England rugby game today !

Been away with family in London so not seen any of the game but what is disappointing is we had a great opportunity to have a real go in the cup this year. Seems like we never got into second gear. Am I the only one who thinks that in games like this where the opposition sit back MGW offers far more than Donk? I don’t mind Donk in a deep CM role or even as a slightly advanced midfielder working his arse off against better sides but he really offers nothing against teams who get everyone behind the ball. Donk nay replace one of Moutinho or Neves in due course but he’ll never be a player to do the unexpected and create in games like todays.

I feel a bit angry after that.

Are we gonna win the Cup? Doubt it. But let’s go as far as we can?

Feels like a massive missed opportunity against a shit side.

No plan, no formation. And, more annoyingly, we were outfought today - especially in the middle of the park. We didn’t look like we fancied the fight.

Hindsight says we should have played Cundle, started Chic and maybe even Campbell.

They couldn’t have done any worse, or tried any less.

Lage may not have the players he wants. But he certainly didn’t get a tune out the ones that played today.

Massive improvement needed Thursday.

Donk doesn't need binning. He is very limited but he does contribute (both goals against Brentford). Today however he didn't and Lage was wrong for trying to play him in that role.

Last edited:
Donk doesn't need binning. He is very limited but he does contribute (both goals against Southampton). Today however he didn't and Lage was wrong for trying to play him in that role.
It was Brentford not Southampton.

From the dickhead who shouted shoot inside the first minute to the dickhead who was up and down to the pisser every 10 minutes.
I have no idea how many times people in our row fucked off downstairs today, definitely a record in what is a row of remarkably weak bladders. But that twat who shouted shoot before we'd even kicked off took his lads to their first game today I overheard him say, and if he takes them to any more he needs to teach them how to fucking behave. The little scrote who sat behind me was constantly kicking the back of my seat, nudging me in the back and constantly had his feet in the gap between the seat back and the arse bit so every time one of the weak bladders went for a piss my seat didn't fold up. No matter hoe many times I turned round and glared at him he carried on. Pricks.

Donk doesn't need binning. He is very limited but he does contribute (both goals against Southampton). Today however he didn't and Lage was wrong for trying to play him in that role.

I'm not sure he did anything in that game that any bog standard football league player wouldn't. He hardly went on a mazy run laying chances on a plate. He ran into empty space then passed it backwards.

Fuck me, how low a bar are we setting for our midfielders.
I'm not sure he did anything in that game that any bog standard football league player wouldn't. He hardly went on a mazy run laying chances on a plate. He ran into empty space then passed it backwards.
That’s how far I got with my post and then you posted this. It’s exactly all he has done every game even in the Nuno years. He literally runs In the right channel and passes it backwards. Fortunately it means he’s out the way so the real footballers can create an opportunity.

Dave Edwards could do the job he does. He might actually score from one of the chances he gets though. Donck is waitrose Dave budget, KwikSave Dave quality.

I noticed a lot of restlessness around our area too, weak bladders, late arrivals/early departures, people struggling to understand the seat numbering

The first half was just awful. Looked miles off the pace. Then spent the second half chasing the game , which let’s face it , we don’t do very often.
Fabio is fucking awful. Or at least he was today. Watching his runs today or should I say lack of them made me worry that he had a footballing brain. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time so often . 35 m waste of dough. May as well look at it as a Mendes tax. Pissed off as a cup run would have been nice . Norwich ffs. And they deserved it.
Fosun can fucking do one if they think this is what supporters want . Bruno will be off and so will plenty of others if they don’t back him in the summer. Don’t go thinking or talking about Europe. It’s not happening. We will do well to get 50 points . Pissed off doesn’t cover it. Cold and wet day doesn’t help.

Donk doesn't need binning. He is very limited but he does contribute (both goals against Brentford). Today however he didn't and Lage was wrong for trying to play him in that role.

I fully grasp that not every player can or indeed should be the headline grabber or make the highlight reels.

Jonny excelled as that player pre-injuries, as too have players like Bennett and Saiss. Donk did too but largely for the last 18 months hasn't. Passing a ball 5 yards back (as at Brentford) should be the bare minimum expected of a Premier League footballer so I'm not about to get giddy about his involvement in either goal. There was still so much to do after his touch for both goals its a stretch to even claim he was involved.

For me the best way to utilise a three involving Donk* is

----Dendonker----

Neves --- Moutinho

That would allow the two creatives to push on a little more pick passes to the wingbacks, get closer to the two isolated forwards and/or combine as they did for the first at Brentford. One can go one can stay, or they can both drop in out of possession.

*Subject to 2020 Leander Dendoncker

Fosun can fucking do one if they think this is what supporters want . Bruno will be off and so will plenty of others if they don’t back him in the summer. Don’t go thinking or talking about Europe. It’s not happening. We will do well to get 50 points . Pissed off doesn’t cover it. Cold and wet day doesn’t help.
You don't think we will get another 16 points? You think we will be less than one PPG to the end of May?
Palpable nonsense when we have 34 points from 21 games.

I’d go:

Donk - Luiz
—-Coutinho—

Fuck me, how low a bar are we setting for our midfielders.

That’s how far I got with my post and then you posted this. It’s exactly all he has done every game even in the Nuno years. He literally runs In the right channel and passes it backwards. Fortunately it means he’s out the way so the real footballers can create an opportunity.

Dave Edwards could do the job he does. He might actually score from one of the chances he gets though. Donck is waitrose Dave budget, KwikSave Dave quality.

I agree. Its frustrating as he's technically much better than Edwards but he just doesn't have the imagination to make use of the superior technical ability. Safe pass after safe pass making him probably less effective which is a very poor indictment.

Back