• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Arsenal: Verdict Thread

Oh, do fuck off with this absolute load of shite. If I'm in my feelings about how shite we're playing I'll fucking well say so and if the best you can come up with is "go support Walsall", I don't have the fucking time to listen to it.
You are another who posts total rubbish all the time. Wolves played well tonight against the best team in the league as it stands. They were denied a clear cut penalty & even you might realise that goals change game.

We lost - which I expected, but there were signs of life from us.

Steve Davis is not a PL Manager,but would thank him for his time here in giving us back some fight, belief & character.

Gives JL (not going to to put his surname up as will prbably get the spelling wrong) something to work with in the rest of the season.

It's not good, but not terminal either - we have a capable team in there. Bueno impressed tonight. though we have no one who can score & won't win games without that.

If it wasn’t for bad luck we wouldn’t have any luck at all.

Saw plenty of fight out there, and I’m sure Julen will improve us no end. Problem is we need three others to absolutely shit the bed after Xmas and I’m really not sure they exist
There's a lot of rubbish in the bottom half of the table, unfortunately we're probably the worst currently. However we still have good players in the squad, I'm sure we'll get reinforcements in January and JL is a proven top coach. I won't be throwing in the towel just yet. We need a big January though.

Finding it hard to get too bent out of shape over that. We didn’t expect anything and we didn’t get anything. I don’t buy the “plucky league 2 cup performance” comments either. What are we supposed to do? We’re playing a team who are top of the league, flying, and high on confidence - whilst we’re bottom, low on form and confidence - and we don’t have a fit striker and are missing other key players.

In my opinion, we played as well as we could have and were unlucky. We should have had a penalty in the first half (cheers VAR). I felt like we actually improved as the game went on, despite conceding both goals in the second half; which is a bit of a weird thing to say but I just think that’s based on the eye test and the fact we actually played some attacking stuff in the second 45 mins.

Hugo, Boubacar & Guedes all played well.

As I said in the match thread, I’d like us to sign another centre back and obviously another striker that’s fit and knows how to score goals.

Julen has a tough task ahead of him, but I think we’ve shown plenty of fight and I reckon he’ll get us organised with a plan, with some additions - and then hopefully we’ll have enough.

Stuart Atwell is a cock. I feel like I’ve been saying that for over a decade yet here we are.

Good performance against a team that have only lost 1 league match, and are leading City by 5 points.

If the refs had done there job properly we would have had a chance from 12 yards to go 1 up, who knows then

The negativity is getting tiresome even when we have played well, not many on here are giving us credit.
Brentford we were in control played well, got a Point
Here played well, against a excellent Arsenal team and the refs do there job right we are 1 up.
Good to see some positivity from you. This was far from a poor performance.

I guess Leeds, Saints, Everton and Forest are all leaky as hell. But they do also score from time to time

Set up with square pegs in square holes. A point would have been good but we’re always a mistake from losing. By all accounts we should have had a penalty and if it’s given maybe we get something. Season starts Boxing Day. As for individuals Bueno pick of the bunch, Neves rather anonymous and his half arsed challenged played a part in their goal. Lembikisa was trying to keep ball alive and should have just done basic defending. Guedes should spend all week practising shooting as opposed to dithering and getting caught in possession.

Last edited:
Finding it hard to get too bent out of shape over that. We didn’t expect anything and we didn’t get anything. I don’t buy the “plucky league 2 cup performance” comments either. What are we supposed to do? We’re playing a team who are top of the league, flying, and high on confidence - whilst we’re bottom, low on form and confidence - and we don’t have a fit striker and are missing other key players.

In my opinion, we played as well as we could have and were unlucky. We should have had a penalty in the first half (cheers VAR). I felt like we actually improved as the game went on, despite conceding both goals in the second half; which is a bit of a weird thing to say but I just think that’s based on the eye test and the fact we actually played some attacking stuff in the second 45 mins.

As I said in the match thread, I’d like us to sign another centre back and obviously another striker that’s fit and knows how to score goals.

Julen has a tough task ahead of him, but I think we’ve shown plenty of fight and I reckon he’ll get us organised with a plan, with some additions - and then hopefully we’ll have enough.

Stuart Atwell is a cock. I feel like I’ve been saying that for over a decade yet here we are.
I agree largely with all of that.

Set up with square pegs in square holes. A point would have been good but we’re always a mistake from losing. By all bc accounts we should have had a penalty and if B it’s given maybe we get something. Season starts Boxing Day. As for individuals Bueno pickmm m of the bunch, Neves rather anonymous and his half arsed challenged played a part in their goal. Lembikisa was trying to keep ball alive and should have just done basic defending. Guedes should spend all week practising shooting as opposed to dithering and getting caught in possession.
Not should have had a penalty - it was nailed on.

Only positive is that JL must have realised we need a striker to survive - surely he wouldn’t have agreed to join unless he had something lined up for Jan

I might think differently after Match of the Day but I thought that was the first time in a while where we haven't looked like a broken and fragile team.

Yes we set up defensively but we weren't negative and caused Arsenal problems throughout.

Guedes, by some distance his best performance for Wolves. Really put himself about, yes he should have done better with some of his chances, but he got into really good positions.

B Traore...everything that Leander Dendonker wasn't. Gets into the opposition and is creative, breaks forward with the ball too...

Get a striker in January (keep him fit) and there is plenty for the new manager to work with.

Think that Davis is responsible fornsome fight back into us after the Lage farago - gives JL something to work from in the rest of the season - still need someone to put the ball inb the net - Guedes had chances (& that should have been a penalty) but he's not a C/F.

You are another who posts total rubbish all the time. Wolves played well tonight against the best team in the league as it stands. They were denied a clear cut penalty & even you might realise that goals change game.

Played well? Your standards are worse than mine after 10 pints.

We used to push top sides all the way, even if we didn't beat them we'd scare the living daylights out of them. Tonight Arsenal absolutely coasted to a comfortable win, probably didn't get out of 3rd gear.

Last edited:
Cba to post anything else, but anyone who says we were unlucky is deluding themselves. We weren't, we were beaten by the better team...again. I presume JL called for the back 5, it won't work, putting an extra defender on the pitch whilst we are still open and taking an attacker off the pitch won't keep us up. The only way we'll stay up is by outscoring teams.

Played well? You're standards are worse than mine after 10 pints.

We used to push top sides all the way, even if we didn't beat them we'd scare the living daylights out of them. Tonight Arsenal absolutely coasted to a comfortable win, probably didn't get out of 3rd gear.
You are ignoring the clear cut penalty - which we could have missed admittedly. But as we all know a goal changes a game. The manager of Arsenal clearly did not agree with your 3rd gear opinion. Perhaps he was lying?

The 'plenty of positives' angle doesn't work for me - it was a good, plucky performance against a team that play really high; there's probably 6 games a season we can set up like we did and it not look absolutely rancid. Holding them while we're playing 5atb with 3 DMs isn't a sustainable strategy, and didn't even mask the same old problems or poor, passive defending (second half mainly) and wank decision making and quality in the final third.

End of the day we're 5 points adrift of safety, with some serious squad rebalancing to do, nothing has changed from pre-kick off.
Under Nuno, with the same keeper, defence and midfield along with the same configuration and Jota and Jimenez up front we win the game.
That is where we are at.

You are ignoring the clear cut penalty - which we could have missed admittedly. But as we all know a goal changes a game. The manager of Arsenal clearly did not agree with your 3rd gear opinion. Perhaps he was lying?

It probably ends up more than 2, we'd have just gone into our shell and they'd have gone for it.

Well, Klopp said the Bournemouth game they won 7-0 was a 'tough game' so, yes managers lie all the time. Lage used to say we played well every week and we were shit.

Cba to post anything else, but anyone who says we were unlucky is deluding themselves. We weren't, we were beaten by the better team...again. I presume JL called for the back 5, it won't work, putting an extra defender on the pitch whilst we are still open and taking an attacker off the pitch won't keep us up. The only way we'll stay up is by outscoring teams.
Any team denied a clear cut penalty when the score is 0-0 is unlucky. Sure Arsenal were better than us but that is not the point is it?

Any team denied a clear cut penalty when the score is 0-0 is unlucky. Sure Arsenal were better than us but that is not the point is it?
I think what people are struggling with here is that even if we had gone a goal up, there's very little in our recent history to suggest we would have held on to that advantage.

Reactions: b3h
Back