• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Arsenal: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Another ok performance with zero goals. Another loss, albeit expectedly this time against top of the league.

Bueno my MOTM. Guedes would have been if he could actually shoot.

Oh and Atwell and Mike Dean are c*nts.

Last edited:
I admire the people who are still maintaining some level of positivity, but 10 points from 42 is completely shit and at some point, the players have to be held to account.

We're sinking like a stone and our top players are doing pretty much fuck all to stop the bleeding.

I admire the people who are still maintaining some level of positivity, but 10 points from 42 is completely shit and at some point, the players have to be held to account.

We're sinking like a stone and our top players are doing pretty much fuck all to stop the bleeding.
If we get denied a clear cut penalty every time we play from now on then I might agree with you. Sooner or later we might get a decision in our favour.

If we get denied a clear cut penalty every time we play from now on then I might agree with you. Sooner or later we might get a decision in our favour.
And lose 1-2 instead? Heady days.

Decent enough effort but there are simply no goals in this team. New manager or not, if that's not rectified we'll be in the championship next season.
There probably would have been tonight with a correct VAR decision.

I'll cheer you up by saying its 10 from 45

We played well tonight & with good officials we would probably have got a point. The Sky commentary was so biased it was lamentable.

We were always losing tonight I guess but I just can’t see how we stay up. No one in this team is capable of scoring goals. Don’t think we even get to 30 points and 20 goals scored.

Don’t talk crap - we would have been ahead & anything could have happened.
Such as losing to a better team, anyway.

We can talk theoreticals all day, the fact is we conceded twice and even if the pen is given, we may miss it, it may be saved, and we may give up two shite goals either way.

Such as losing to a better team, anyway.

We can talk theoreticals all day, the fact is we conceded twice and even if the pen is given, we may miss it, it may be saved, and we may give up two shite goals either way.
I should go & support Walsall if I was you. You are a constant moaner. Cheer up - we played well & were very unlucky.

Effort can’t be faulted that’s for sure.
Mike Dean’s incompetence there to be seen.
Had we got and scored a penalty who knows.
We did alright at times but same old problems persisted.
Allowing Bruno Saunders this summer window has probably caused irreversible damage.
Frankly he’s left us with a defensive unit not fit for purpose and an attacking force completely impotent.
Nathan Collins sorry I’m just seeing a CH way out of his depth.
Pls stop with the “jolly good effort” v Arsenal translates to points v the lesser teams.
I think Julen has been left with a mountain to climb, he can make us harder to beat but ultimately it’s goal scoring that will cost us our place in the PL.
As said we played some decent stuff tonight but the time for giving it a good go went out the window a long time ago.
I think I’m all our worst nightmares on the 5th August we’d have hoped for more than 10 points on the board.

You have to have some positivity and hope or what's the point, may as well rip up your season ticket/membership card and go and find something more enjoyable to do.
It's going to be a long, tough slog to get out of this and there's a 50/50 chance we'll go down but people are going way ott with negativity.
Some of the players are good enough, some aren't. We have to hope we get some decent incoming players in January and JL can get a tune out of the squad.

The 'plenty of positives' angle doesn't work for me - it was a good, plucky performance against a team that play really high; there's probably 6 games a season we can set up like we did and it not look absolutely rancid. Holding them while we're playing 5atb with 3 DMs isn't a sustainable strategy, and didn't even mask the same old problems or poor, passive defending (second half mainly) and wank decision making and quality in the final third.

End of the day we're 5 points adrift of safety, with some serious squad rebalancing to do, nothing has changed from pre-kick off.

Good performance against a team that have only lost 1 league match, and are leading City by 5 points.

If the refs had done there job properly we would have had a chance from 12 yards to go 1 up, who knows then

The negativity is getting tiresome even when we have played well, not many on here are giving us credit.
Brentford we were in control played well, got a Point
Here played well, against a excellent Arsenal team and the refs do there job right we are 1 up.

If it wasn’t for bad luck we wouldn’t have any luck at all.

Saw plenty of fight out there, and I’m sure Julen will improve us no end. Problem is we need three others to absolutely shit the bed after Xmas and I’m really not sure they exist

I mean, there's a few different ways

-Stop taking shit set pieces
-Coach some actually effective attacking patterns of play
-Don't play players out of position, play to their strengths

Won't solve everything but it'd be a start

I was a little worried for Bueno but he did really well, Saka never had a sniff. B Traore is going to need to wise up a bit and stopped getting booked as often but he looks a complete player, offers a bit of everything and was unlucky with the pass to Guedes that should've been a pen

We're not going to play teams like that every week. I look forward to us denying them the title on the final day ;)

Back