• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Brentford: Verdict Thread

Don't see relegation but they need to step it up.

Bit too easy for Brentford even when we were in their half. Too slow at times and an organised team will defend well against flowery football. Didn't like the defence and would prefer a 4-4-2 with Hoever on the right and Donk (or the new guy) with Boly in the middle. Would go in the market for an experienced left sided defender. Coady not really staking a claim at the moment.

Raul will come good but Traore is frustrating Traore (sell) and Trincao has the look of a Rohan Ricketts about him. Semedo I don't really know what to think. Bit of a cliche but this all needs working out on the training pitch rather smartish. Keep it simple, move it quicker and work out the patterns ( or whatever they call it ) to bring Raul into the game more.

A lot of fans pissing their pants after that result. Nowhere near as bad as some think and somehow think old frailties will just vanish because we have a new manager. We know that we aren’t a very clinical side but we create enough and are positive enough now to be where we need to be if we continue to play as we are.

Bruno is still settling and learning too, that’s the first time he will have properly seen Coady up against a physical striker and boy did he struggle but so did Saiss and Kilman against Toney and Mbuemo.

The game hinged on an absolute fucking brain fart from Marcal who had been told on the 2 corners before to stop holding Toney and we can have no complaints regarding the decision. We then lost our heads for the rest of the half which we’ve seen a few times before like Watford at home and the game looked gone.

We could still be playing now and probably not scored and that’s our biggest issue right now but there’s not a lot Bruno can do about that apart from hope the lads start making better decisions in the final third as a lot of the time the football is really good to watch up to that point.

Brentford did what they had to do and the usual time wasting is expected but not having Jansson screaming in pain with no one near him and staying down in the box claiming to be seriously injured. Referee got worse as the game went on and just let them get away with it and we just carried on losing our heads. Very impressed with Toney and Mbuemo, we never got to grips with them and Ajer looked very good at the back. Those 3 will give them a chance of having a good season.

In short we know our issues, i think Bruno knows them and they aren’t just going to vanish overnight but we need to stick with him and the lads. We obviously need to pick up more points and there are things he needs to change but time is needed and i think the majority of the reaction after today’s game has been just because it’s Brentford and that’s not right imo.

BEES fan comes in peace.
Unlucky lads.
If we knew you were gonna be that bad we would have turned up with our B team instead.
Great stadium and atmosphere today.
Will have my fingers crossed you stay up this season.
All the best.

Don't see relegation but they need to step it up.

Bit too easy for Brentford even when we were in their half. Too slow at times and an organised team will defend well against flowery football. Didn't like the defence and would prefer a 4-4-2 with Hoever on the right and Donk (or the new guy) with Boly in the middle. Would go in the market for an experienced left sided defender. Coady not really staking a claim at the moment.

Raul will come good but Traore is frustrating Traore (sell) and Trincao has the look of a Rohan Ricketts about him. Semedo I don't really know what to think. Bit of a cliche but this all needs working out on the training pitch rather smartish. Keep it simple, move it quicker and work out the patterns ( or whatever they call it ) to bring Raul into the game more.
Excuse me, did I read this right, you wanna sell our only threat going forward in Traore?

Excuse me, did I read this right, you wanna sell our only threat going forward in Traore?

Yes, he is mainly a threat to the corner flags and the underside of the stand roofs ( but he is great to watch at times - bit like Mo Camara was ).

I thought we were OK. The scoreline affects the narrative but the only time Brentford were in the game was 30-40 and the second goal was an individual error.

Poor decision making in the final third has cost us again. Traore's shot goes in and its 1-1 and the game pans out differently.

BEES fan comes in peace.
Unlucky lads.
If we knew you were gonna be that bad we would have turned up with our B team instead.
All the best.
I remember a Huddersfield fan coming on and posting similar.

BEES fan comes in peace.
Unlucky lads.
All the best.

You'd have to be delighted with that. Sell Watkins and bring in Toney. All so easy. Our lot thought they were putting on a performance of ' Starlight Express ' .

BEES fan comes in peace.
Unlucky lads.
All the best.
F**k off you sanctimonious little shit. Before today I had no feelings for or against Brentford but after your gamesmanship shit housing for 43 minutes you are Bournemouth lite for me.Read the mood pal

Yes, he is mainly a threat to the corner flags and the underside of the stand roofs ( but he is great to watch at times - bit like Mo Camara was ).
aah..ok....i wonder what our other players are then .... :oops:

F**k off you sanctimonious little shit. Before today I had no feelings for or against Brentford but after your gamesmanship shit housing for 43 minutes you are Bournemouth lite for me.Read the mood pal
Yea, bit of a piss take really. Probably better to stick to your own forum.

A lot of fans pissing their pants after that result. Nowhere near as bad as some think and somehow think old frailties will just vanish because we have a new manager. We know that we aren’t a very clinical side but we create enough and are positive enough now to be where we need to be if we continue to play as we are.

Bruno is still settling and learning too, that’s the first time he will have properly seen Coady up against a physical striker and boy did he struggle but so did Saiss and Kilman against Toney and Mbuemo.

The game hinged on an absolute fucking brain fart from Marcal who had been told on the 2 corners before to stop holding Toney and we can have no complaints regarding the decision. We then lost our heads for the rest of the half which we’ve seen a few times before like Watford at home and the game looked gone.

We could still be playing now and probably not scored and that’s our biggest issue right now but there’s not a lot Bruno can do about that apart from hope the lads start making better decisions in the final third as a lot of the time the football is really good to watch up to that point.

Brentford did what they had to do and the usual time wasting is expected but not having Jansson screaming in pain with no one near him and staying down in the box claiming to be seriously injured. Referee got worse as the game went on and just let them get away with it and we just carried on losing our heads. Very impressed with Toney and Mbuemo, we never got to grips with them and Ajer looked very good at the back. Those 3 will give them a chance of having a good season.

In short we know our issues, i think Bruno knows them and they aren’t just going to vanish overnight but we need to stick with him and the lads. We obviously need to pick up more points and there are things he needs to change but time is needed and i think the majority of the reaction after today’s game has been just because it’s Brentford and that’s not right imo.
Good post.
And yes he does. Off the Wolves.co.uk interview with him. “It’s a concern, but not just from this year, from the past the team didn’t score too many goals. They have maybe one or two per game, so the average of the goals is not big, so we’re trying to play a different way, trying to create more chances to raise that average."

I thought we were OK. The scoreline affects the narrative but the only time Brentford were in the game was 30-40 and the second goal was an individual error.

Poor decision making in the final third has cost us again. Traore's shot goes in and its 1-1 and the game pans out differently.
To many if buts and maybes in that statement which most losing sides can make a case of it’s completely irrelevant at this level it generally takes just 10 minutes of being shocking for a game to pass you by.

Thought we bossed it till the pen, without creating decent chances. Marcal.. bloody hell. Then followed a poor 10 minutes.
Second half huffed and puffed, Raul should probably score, but not loads of panic in their box.
Was surprised by Brentfords tactics so early, ref completely lost control, didn't say a word till about 88 minutes. Their keeper takes 5 minutes to change his gloves.... the gloves he didn't have to use to save even one shot.
We can all see the main issue... needs putting right quick, maybe Hwang and Raul up top in a 2?

Few thoughts.
Toney reminded me of a young Andy Carroll the way he held the ball up or flicked it on. Have him over this version of Raul.
Defence individually isn't good enough, which means collectively they'll be days like today
Back to the Neves and Moutinho pairing of last season when playing against a combative side, get pressed and it doesn't work
Even as the better side at 0-0 we didn't work the keeper. It's not bad luck, it's lack of composure in crucial positions
Trincao shrank playing against a powerful side
If we sign a 12 foot centre forward in Jan, Adama will be unplayable
Bruno's subs worried me. The first was fine, the second interesting, the third desperate and lacking in any cohesive thought. Tactics also questionable, didn't look to stretch or move around the 10 men enough
I think Raul took his headband off towards the end, probably not very smart, but I think shows he's frustrated where he's at.

Last edited:
Funny username for a fan “in peace”

I’m guessing “BeesFan” was already taken and that was your second option?
No, trollingc**t was taken so the dipshit chose that. In peace my arse. Off ya piss

Thought when they went down to 10 that our new style of play would be effective but tbh within 2 minutes I'd forgotten completely about it

Back