• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Brentford: Verdict Thread

Thought when they went down to 10 that our new style of play would be effective but tbh within 2 minutes I'd forgotten completely about it

We definitely lost composure after they took a hold of the game, which was disappointing considering the leaders/experience we had on the pitch in Coady, Saiss, Marcal, Moutinho, Semedo, Raul

We definitely lost composure after they took a hold of the game, which was disappointing considering the leaders/experience we had on the pitch in Coady, Saiss, Marcal, Moutinho, Semedo, Raul
That 10 minutes between the 2 goals was awful. Moutinho set the tone giving the ball away from the kick off and it didn't improve. After the second disallowed goal Coady was waving his arms to get then to calm down, but it didn't happen.

At the T10 finals so as far as I’m concerned this game doesn’t exist. Come on Kent.

I'm more concerned about the defence tbh. I'm not convinced by Marcal or Kilman, never have been, and if we pick up any injuries or suspensions in those positions, which we will, we will give away even more goals like today.
Kilman has been our best defender this season. Obvious error today withstanding

Kidman did the wrong thing today . He should have hit touch. But he deserves to keep his place. Marcal on the other hand tries very hard but got nothing right. Coady again exposed by a decent centre forward and the folly of Neves and Moutinho v a three was clear for all to see. Sa is great off his line and had no chance for either goal. Quick distribution too. The lack of activity in the transfer window hurt us today as a change for moutinho and at the back would have changed the complection

Kidman did the wrong thing today . He should have hit touch. But he deserves to keep his place. Marcal on the other hand tries very hard but got nothing right. Coady again exposed by a decent centre forward and the folly of Neves and Moutinho v a three was clear for all to see. Sa is great off his line and had no chance for either goal. Quick distribution too. The lack of activity in the transfer window hurt us today as a change for moutinho and at the back would have changed the complection
The first corner should be straight into Sa's hands, but Kilman? heads it away. No idea if there wasn't a call or he ignored it, but there shouldn't have been a second

Marçal should have been subbed after 10 minutes. Well off the pace, bad decisions and a poor touch. To then rugby tackle Toney is unforgiveable, he should be dropped for that.

The first corner should be straight into Sa's hands, but Kilman? heads it away. No idea if there wasn't a call or he ignored it, but there shouldn't have been a second
Thought it was Neves heading it clear. View wasn’t great so might be wrong but regardless, as I bored my family about at the time, looked like one for the keeper. Can’t blame a keeper for not stopping a penna… but he collapsed to the right before contact just like Spurs. All that said, he’s hardly the main issue (or indeed an issue at all) and those kind of beefs are probably the nitpicking nonsense of someone still massively fcked off having just got home.

Also, we did have options on the bench if we wanted to change the defence to contend with losing battles. Surely Boly and Mosquera are just that? Better quality attacking width to stretch 10 men could have come from RAN to no? Upshot of the subs did look a little muddled and chaotic, to me anyway.

I thought that was Coady? But if you say Kilman no worries. Whoever needed a better shout

Thought it was Neves heading it clear. View wasn’t great so might be wrong but regardless, as I bored my family about at the time, looked like one for the keeper. Can’t blame a keeper for not stopping a penna… but he collapsed to the right before contact just like Spurs. All that said, he’s hardly the main issue (or indeed an issue at all) and those kind of beefs are probably the nitpicking nonsense of someone still massively fcked off having just got home.

Also, we did have options on the bench if we wanted to change the defence to contend with losing battles. Surely Boly and Mosquera are just that? Better quality attacking width to stretch 10 men could have come from RAN to no? Upshot of the subs did look a little muddled and chaotic, to me anyway.
I thought it was Neves too.

I'm not sure the subs were chaotic, we had Brentford pegged back and needed as many forwards as possible.

Our defenders were spending the majority of their time in Brentfords half, may as well have players whose game is about attacking.

I went today, we were crap, no panic yet, but a bad day at the office. Brentford are frustrating time wasting bastards, they had more men dropping than World War 1, but only after they went 2-0 up. As for the Brantford Shite who posted on here.... Dont bother again you Smarmie cunt.

I thought it was Neves too.
May well have been, I'm at the opposite end of the ground. The point remains though with regards to it being unnecessary. As for the penalty itself, the way Toney takes them you shouldn't dive first, stand still and react. Wouldn't have got close to that though, it was really well placed

Dust has settled. Thought we started fairly well without looking threatening and then Marcal decides the be an absolute numpty. I get there’s grabbing in the box etc, but at no stage did he release him. Blatant penalty no complaints there.

then we lost composure. Massively. That’s the worry there for me. Traore hits the bar, but they had 2 goals rightfully ruled out, and should’ve been 3 up just after half time.

when they went down to 10, we just still didn’t look threatening at all. 30 minutes against 10 men, 0 shots on target and only the RJ header I’d consider a good chance.

our worst performance of the 5 league games, I hope it’s not a sign of things to come where we don’t create anything against teams that sit deep.

Slight worry with RJ. Thought vs Watford he was looking abit more up to speed but struggled today, as did a few mind. Neves worst game of the season.

next game I’d look to bring in Boly for saiss, Ait Nouri for Marcal and dependent on what side you’re playing adama, either Podence or hwang for trincao.

would be tempted to give Fabio a start as well

May well have been, I'm at the opposite end of the ground. The point remains though with regards to it being unnecessary. As for the penalty itself, the way Toney takes them you shouldn't dive first, stand still and react. Wouldn't have got close to that though, it was really well placed
It was neves heading it clear, unchallenged in six yard box, should be keepers, imagine lack of a call

Poor stuff.

Marcal hamstrung Traore in the first half and then Trincao in the second, he just isn't built for give and go's and the neat football that could see us succeed, he passed it back to Saiss or inside to Neves everytime, as such it hampers the entire flank offensively.

The shots thing is becoming a bit like the number of times Grealish is fouled, its a number with little value. Grealishs numbers doesn't show he slows down and waits for contact 9n the halfway line and ours don't show how we're reduced to speculative shots from distance or that we're relying on shit finishers who have no goalscoring pedigree. Nothing remarkable can be gleaned from either number. Except blind hope "we're gonna smash someone one of these days"

Toney was good but Coady made him look good too, its another where he's been bullied and Kilman was piss weak with him in the build up to the second too the less said about the penalty the better.

An odd one but when they hit the bar and the player initially went through did anybody else notice Sa completely lose his bearings and leave the goal unattended it was surreal from the North Bank. If he looked up he had a tap in.

My only real criticism of Bruno today is Moutinho. Joao played 60, 30, 80 minutes in their friendlies for Portugal plus the travel from the UK to Portugal to Hungary to Azerbaijan. He's then done 90 at Watford and been asked to do another 90 today. Its too much for a 35 year old IMO and it told with him getting caught in their press and n addition making some unforced errors and that pathetic swing at a corner towards the end.If we're going to rag him again it'll end in the same result as last season.

Don't think we'll be dragged in per sè but I do think its going to be a long season with periods we look bereft and then periods we pull away. Which, ultimately is all Fosun care about now. Newcastle lite if you like.

Last edited:
Im a tiny bit worried Coady vs Lukaku or CR7

Back