• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Brentford: Verdict Thread

On a brighter note, yes i have had issues with stewards in the past, but today they were absolute gentlemen, well done lads.

You can pour as much attacking talent as you like onto the pitch, if you've got a backline as poor as ours you're never going to trouble the top half of this league.

Getting increasingly worried. Anybody can shock a few teams with a high press but it can be easily nullified if the opposition is expecting it and in the Premier League you get found out quick. Lage doesn't have a history of being particularly flexible tactically and we're already 5 games in with only 3 points to show for it.

This system can only work if you have a goal scorer. We don’t at the moment. Lage needs to get Boly back in asap and admit than Marçal is not good enough.

This system can only work if you have a goal scorer. We don’t at the moment. Lage needs to get Boly back in asap and admit than Marçal is not good enough.
exactly, we need a poacher in

Hwang will fill that role. RAN is a must.

I think we can expect a lot more games like today. Teams will sit deep and hit us on the counter

Didn’t think Brentford sat deep really. At least not until the second half.

And what exactly would they have poached today?
But I don’t think we necessarily need a poacher. With the two wingers running past the forward you want someone who can drop deeper and link play, rather than just a poacher

But I don’t think we necessarily need a poacher. With the two wingers running past the forward you want someone who can drop deeper and link play, rather than just a poacher
We need the old Raul, or a competent cover while he comes back. We have neither.

We need the old Raul, or a competent cover while he comes back. We have neither.
I think we'll see Raul without the headband next match, or at least something that isn't covering his forehead. I bet he scores if that happens...

Spot on. Old raul would be perfect. Hopefully with some more game time it’ll come. It whether we can warrant giving him the game time currently when we’re struggling

I think we'll see Raul without the headband next match, or at least something that isn't covering his forehead. I bet he scores if that happens...
I did like how he took that off after the miss ….

The fact Raul looks a shell of his self prior to injury is seriously causing an issue. Said it earlier sides that score very few often find themselves in deep shit.
If the current continues come the November international break I suspect Bruno will be in big trouble. Fosun will get very twitchy if it’s evident our PL place is under threat.

The fact Raul looks a shell of his self prior to injury is seriously causing an issue. Said it earlier sides that score very few often find themselves in deep shit.
If the current continues come the November international break I suspect Bruno will be in big trouble. Fosun will get very twitchy if it’s evident our PL place is under threat.
And on todays performance, its got a good chance.

Not seen any of the game sadly. Listened to first twenty or so on radio when it sounded like we dominated. Might try and watch it back tonight.

not so worried that we had a bad performance for the first time properly. Interested in how Bruno responds though. Good chance for RAN, Boly, Yerson, Hwang, Podence, even Donck on Wednesday to give him some decisions to make. Next two league games will be important as don’t want to start having to play catch up.

What Bruno has done is given himself more time with the style of play he’s employed if it was Pulis ball there would already be rumblings of discontent amongst a few.

Back