• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Brentford: Verdict Thread

Without Cunha our only threat is Neto and today Brentford realised that and suffocated him. Both are key players, I just hope we don’t get to find out how important Cunha is as I think he’d be a massive loss as he fills the central role brilliantly.
I'm not worried. We are safe this season and no problem with us trying a few things from now to the end of the season with or without Cunha. He's been on a good streak just recently and it's been good to see. He will be missed if he is out, but we also need to try different options as we build our team for next season and beyond.

I'm not worried. We are safe this season and no problem with us trying a few things from now to the end of the season with or without Cunha. He's been on a good streak just recently and it's been good to see. He will be missed if he is out, but we also need to try different options as we build our team for next season and beyond.
I'd be interested to try 4-2-3-1 again but with Hwang up top instead of Fraser.

Maybe even with Doyle as the No.10 rather than Sarabia too.

The player we’ll be building around isn’t here! Personally I’d rather not write off best part of half a season, especially when we have a home tie in the 5th round of the FA Cup and could draw Cov or Maidstone in the quarters.

The player we’ll be building around isn’t here! Personally I’d rather not write off best part of half a season, especially when we have a home tie in the 5th round of the FA Cup and could draw Cov or Maidstone in the quarters.
Half a season?
Bit dramatic isn't it when we have just 14 games to go?
As for the cup, we know Brighton can easily carve us open if we play like we have recently so I expect us to be more solid defensively.

Purely because it gives us an extra creative player behind the striker.

Maybe now Santi is up to speed he could be tried alongside Dawson.
Not for me, the formation we started with today has got us plenty of points, goals and good performances. We'd be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I think you'd have a stronger argument if We'd ended up winning the half today, but...

Our form with 4231 is dismal.

Aye, don't think we can afford it. Telling, IMO, that the single time we got put under pressure in that formation, we conceded.
Through our own stupid mistake. They didn't get a look in otherwise.

And Tommy Doyle having the acceleration of Lawrie Madden.
You'd expect Sá (Dawson?) to be aware of that and not play the ball 6 yards ahead of the lad, then. Harsh to hold him up for that one, IMV.

Can't be a secret that Doyle gets around like JWP.

Back