• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 2 Wednesday verdict thread

The old guard are really looking like our saviours not. Do not know if the summer signings are really any better but if they do not play will never know . play them see what happens if it is as bad or worse (very unlikely) than at present it would give the manager the right to ask for a complete clear out of players and coaches.

When they played at Newcastle and against Brentford we won...just saying

When they played at Newcastle and against Brentford we won...just saying
I forgot those results it seems light years ago and I was on holiday at the time and the papers in foreign lands did not print the teams just the result. Not in greed league see

This squad is so much weaker than the one that got relegated last time, in pretty much every position. The real worry is that I don't see us bouncing back up again so easy next time. Complete shambles.
It really isn't.

I think the British element of our squad is weaker than last time if you consider the 'bomb squad' in their prime. They downed tools that season though so I'd say there's nothing really in it if that's who Lambert is going to play.

Mentioned briefly on another thread last week, Ward and Henry are the only two* to recover after that. The rest were already finished, albeit SEB down to injury, when you look at what they've done since.

*I'll leave Berra out of this who has pretty much always been the exact same footballer as the day we signed him and lost his place for non-footballing reasons.

The only rational thing I can think of for Saville being played is to protect Doherty. If that's the case then at least lambert knows MD is gash.

Clutching at straws much???

The only rational thing I can think of for Saville being played is to protect Doherty. If that's the case then at least lambert knows MD is gash.

Clutching at straws much???

Saville is indeed there to give protection. The thinking is he will track back and offer something in defence.......apparently we can't trust Ivan to do that. However the reality is, Saville occupies about 40 yards on the left and offers nothing in defence or going forward. Occasional he will fly in to a challenge (and get booked) so it gives the impression he is part of the action. Waste of a shirt.

He went through a little spell of looking like a left footed, slightly better Edwards. Ie play him in a midfield three, don't expect him to have influence on general play but he might score (and he is a way better finisher than Dave). Not great but that is his role.

Him on the left - ahead of anyone, let alone Cav - Edwards at 10 when he has none of the skills required (and we fucking know that) and Coady over Saiss are just awful picks from any pro manager.

If your left back is so bad as to need his hand holding in that way then don't pick him, he obviously isn't up to it.

I agree with you. At least with Cav in the side the oppo full back is way less likely to get forward.

Like I said in my verdict and in the pub at 2pm, all Carvalhal had to tell that right hand side is that they'll have the easiest afternoon of the season. No threat outside and a fat twat who can't defend and habitually gives up to attack. You could have parked me at RB for them on Saturday and despite being 35, carrying a bit of timber, not having played in four years and never being close to pro standard, I'd have looked OK. Because there was no threat at all. Like I could defend an air base on my own if I knew no one was ever going to attack me.

Its been a few weeks but didnt Silvio give a decent LB performance against Leeds? (aside from the own goal) i forget.

He played at RB and he was OK. He played at LB against Wigan which I didn't see though I do know he played a huge part in our goal for those who like to big up Quasimodo's attacking skillz.

Basically he is a footballer and Matt Doherty is not. If only we'd known the latter three years ago, eh.

I'd play Silvio or even Hause at LB. Doherty isn't the answer there even if it is the only realistic place to stick him.

Back