• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 2 Wednesday verdict thread

I think that being a previous Wolves youth player in 1975 will make you a little old to help us out with your skill now...

"That is me Wolves youth team (1975-76).
To save misconceptions I did not play for the Portland Timbers.
I played for the university in Portland, USA."

Did you ever see a player lose his skill.
Very hard thing to get back.
I lost mine, spent a long long time trying to get it back.
I became a footballer again last year, boy was I happy.

I put my thoughts of the game on the Matchday thread so won't repeat myself too much. Lambert was always a meh candidate. Although he won the 'best of a bad bunch' poll, people wanted to see a manager come in and change things, he picked the team Jackett would have if he was still here. In doing that any goodwill / honeymoon period has disappeared pretty much straight away. Fans always think they know best, it's a problem when it's damn obvious they are correct.

As for the players who started yesterday, I don't subscribe to the view that there is a poisonous dressing room, I subscribe to them being shite and bottom six class which is why we are where we are.

Other than the obvious my observations are that Bod worked hard, but he doesn't have a strikers instinct. There was a ball from(I think) Iorfa in the first half that Saville won on the edge of the box, a goalscorer would have gambled and been in on goal, he was on his heals watching. Dicko looks sharp and I'd play him from the start now, his finishing has deserted him though, but I think he needs to play to get that back.

Cool, no he's an unentertaining WUM who won't see December on here thankfully

I've floated this before, but I question whether Iorfa can be arsed, I think his head has been turned and he's played like it all season. The way he has played for the U21's is totally different from how he does for Wolves, Zenga's policy of not pushing the full backs on won't have helped, but I think it's more than that.

He definitely needs a move. Being linked with West Ham (who do need a right back) for £5m. Would be a good move for all parties, he has seriously stalled in 2016.

Ban him!!

:icon_lol::icon_lol: I do apologise. I've watched it twice because i'm still annoyed at the game. There is so much wrong especially when we don't have the ball it's barely believable.

I've tried to calm down to post a reasonable verdict, but have struggled to do that.

Effectively, we were woeful. The worst part of it is, it was also entirely predictable.

Saturday was a huge missed opportunity. Large crowd, first home game, lets get the fans onside shall we? Er, no. Instead lets play turgid, un-inspiring football, hand all the momentum and initiative to the opponents, and even make it easy to play against.
The opening 10 or so mins was based on the crowd being up for it. Momentum caused by the crowd being positive did encourage the team, though there was little end product. Coady's chance says everything you need to know about us. In his head, he saw goal of the season. In reality, woeful technique and execution meant it was way wide.

I missed the challenge by Doherty for the penalty, cos the bloke in front has a big head and his hood up. I wondered if those around me were being melodramatic. Then I saw the highlights. That challenge is a reason for dropping a player (though in reality, the lack of challenge that led to the leeds goal was also a reason to be dropped...). From that moment on, we reverted to type. A midfield of runners who spend 90 mins running after the ball. Zero creativity. Nothing on target in the first half. A defence in search of a leader, and a ridiculously poor goalkeeper with even worse kicking - I mean, why doesn't he just throw it?

At one down, it seems edwards/saville/coady thought effort would make up for everything else. So they ran and chased. A lot. End product was zero. Actually, it was negative, because by running a lot (in a disorganised way) they left ACRES of space for wednesday to play around us at ease. Which meant they created the odd chance.

The second goal was poor by Iorfa (principally to blame imo) and Stearman. The change to bring Dicko on at the start of the 2nd half was right, and created a bit of forward momentum. However, Lambert fucked it by not making 3 changes at h-t. Actually, he fucked it with the starting line up and set up, but he had the chance to redeem himself, and missed it.

End result, we lose (again), failed to score (again), and most worryingly, at 85 mins, over half the north bank and billy wright had emptied. People, like the team, had given up.

I've said before, and think lord knows was right earlier on the thread. We're a disorganised mess. We have a genesis of good players who are able to challenge top 6, if we were organised. If however we continue to play 3+ players who run around a lot with no discipline, and thus cause us to lose our shape, we'll get fucked over every week.

Of those who played saturday, only Price has any credit. Perhaps Dicko too. Cav was a disappointment when he came on, but fucking hell he probably is wondering why he signed a 5 year contract to sit on the bench watching saville play in his position!

I shared cautious optimism re lambert. I've lost most of that in 1 game.

MOTM - me, for saving darlowolf's eyes from having to experience that!

LJ, I'm really sorry that I inflicted that on you....Honest ;)

LJ, I'm really sorry that I inflicted that on you....Honest ;)

Thing is you will be there next time & there are no indications that its going to improve quickly - so you will have to suffer as well

Think that Deutsch's photo earlier in the thread says it all - a complete mess with no organisation at all. I've seen primary school teams playing with more discipline & awareness than they showed on Saturday

Oh thanks Peter...Way to burst my bubble!

This thread is making sad reading. Are we really that bad? And what happened to the new manager bounce? And why have FOSUN allowed things to deteriorate so badly?

We might just have well as stuck with Kenny Jackett.

This thread is making sad reading. Are we really that bad? And what happened to the new manager bounce? And why have FOSUN allowed things to deteriorate so badly?

In answer to your question frank yes we are horrendously bad I would say along with Rotherham the worst team in the division relegation beckons

We should never have stuck with Jackett.

But we should definitely not have appointed bloody Lambert.

To be fair to Fosun - They arrived with the season a few minutes away. They had to make quick decisions and rely on feedback from those at the club on players. They got the manager call wrong and quickly corrected that. The one thing they can't do right now, due to transfer window, is ignore the advise they received in August and replace the shite.......that said - they have now employed someone who seems to agree that the way forward is using the shite.

Back