• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-3 Man City: Verdict Thread

Wasn’t he going away with the Mexico squad not to play but as part of his recuperation?
Which makes absolutely no sense. I think there's definitely something "up" with Raul. I don't personally believe the injury stuff.

Which makes absolutely no sense. I think there's definitely something "up" with Raul. I don't personally believe the injury stuff.
Absolutely. I think there are probably mental health issues.

It’s not mental. He has fallen out with the tactical pygmy. Guaranteed.

Odd how it started when he was dropped for SK. I think he could be struggling to accept he is never getting back to pre-injury levels.

Raul is contracted to play for Wolves and is well paid to do so - he is not being paid by Lage .

I know no more than anyone else here , but I'd be very disappointed if he just refused to play .

It is quite strange though . If he is injured , then why is he heading out with the Mexico squad , why isn't he receiving treatment here and being monitored here .

I think they've fallen out and Raul has taken some time away from the club.

I would think Raul has been assured Lage is gone and to come back when the new man is in.
That's possible, I guess. Have to say, if he's fallen out with Lage & refused to play (pure speculation), that's pretty shite considering the club have supported him in every way possible since his horrific injury. Same goes for Boly. Loved the big man but refusing to turn up on a matchday was really unprofessional and left a nasty taste in the mouth.

There does appear to be a running trend in terms of players getting fucked off with Lage, mind. The rumoured bust up with Jonny. Throwing Hoever under a bus. His recent comments on Kilman ref; an England call up. MGW pushing for a move despite Lage trying to big him up. Adama wanting to leave. Comments on SM after leaving from Ruddy & Saiss. Little bit from Coady's family. Now Raul.

It doesn't exactly sound like a happy dressing room.

Not that it changes any opinion shared above, but FWIW Raul was at and watched the full game on Saturday with his family in the box behind where we sit. He sat alongside SK and they genuinely seemed to be getting along well.

Not that it changes any opinion shared above, but FWIW Raul was at and watched the full game on Saturday with his family in the box behind where we sit. He sat alongside SK and they genuinely seemed to be getting along well.
Good , that's better news at least .

Would still like to hear more about what injury he has if it is going to keep him out for ages .

It is quite strange though . If he is injured , then why is he heading out with the Mexico squad , why isn't he receiving treatment here and being monitored here .
Unless they've broken their leg or done an ACL or something, clubs can't just say "he's injured" and not send him any more. If the national FA want to assess them then they can. If we still say no then FIFA can ban him from playing for us for the next club game or two.

There does appear to be a running trend in terms of players getting fucked off with Lage, mind. The rumoured bust up with Jonny. Throwing Hoever under a bus. His recent comments on Kilman ref; an England call up. MGW pushing for a move despite Lage trying to big him up. Adama wanting to leave. Comments on SM after leaving from Ruddy & Saiss. Little bit from Coady's family. Now Raul.

Would you respect him?

He's a complete nobody, his communication is very poor, he's done nothing to arrest our dreadful results that have been going on for what amounts to over half a full season now, when we lose he just blames the players.

He's got zero gravitas and this has been at least a potential issue from day one.

That's possible, I guess. Have to say, if he's fallen out with Lage & refused to play (pure speculation), that's pretty shite considering the club have supported him in every way possible since his horrific injury. Same goes for Boly. Loved the big man but refusing to turn up on a matchday was really unprofessional and left a nasty taste in the mouth.

When you read that it’s hard not to think there’s no smoke without fire.

Plus by all accounts it was dressing room disharmony that finally did him in at Benfica. Once they hit a bad patch he fucked morale up even more, creating a death spiral.

It’s easy to blame the dickhead but there’s a lot more to it than that. Bruno out but that won’t be a magic bullet, we ain’t never scored enough goals since promotion but defended our way to 7th so we defend and are defensive minded it’s in the dna. Dull as fuck as more hesitant than a 13yr old on a first date. No track record of scoring no expectation to score. Great players on paper ain’t worth a shit we need em on the pitch

Seriously concerned not that we’ll go down but we’ll become a perennial strugglers 8 wins 13 draws a season can’t stand the football nearly fucked ST off because of VAR couple of seasons ago now I can watch all games on TV in one way or another so why bother to watch this boring shit and pay good money fuck off Lage and this dull shite

It’s easy to blame the dickhead but there’s a lot more to it than that. Bruno out but that won’t be a magic bullet, we ain’t never scored enough goals since promotion but defended our way to 7th so we defend and are defensive minded it’s in the dna. Dull as fuck as more hesitant than a 13yr old on a first date. No track record of scoring no expectation to score. Great players on paper ain’t worth a shit we need em on the pitch

There's plenty of examples of teams who consist worse players with worse scoring records being put into a cohesive unit by a decent manager. Potter did it at Brighton. How many of Brentfords players have a history a scoring at the top level? Rodrigo at Leeds averaged about 4 a year in Spain.

So easy to to just say, the players haven't scored many previously. That was by design with Nuno as we played counter attacking football.

There's plenty of examples of teams who consist worse players with worse scoring records being put into a cohesive unit by a decent manager. Potter did it at Brighton. How many of Brentfords players have a history a scoring at the top level? Rodrigo at Leeds averaged about 4 a year in Spain.

So easy to to just say, the players haven't scored many previously. That was by design with Nuno as we played counter attacking football.
It's not just a question of overall quality is it though? It's far more nuanced that that, a bunch of technically talented players doesn't necessarily mean you've got the potential for great free flowing football, I think the mental aspect is far too often massively overlooked in football.

No-one in the world is going to argue that Dave Edwards can even hold a candle to Joao Moutinho but you'd pack the former to garner more xG across a season 100 times out of a 100 in the same team, even a career DM like Dendoncker must have battered Moutinho in that respect every season they were together. Good players aren't necessarily, or even have the potential to be, attacking players and it's certainly not a given that any level of coaching can force them to be so.

If you were a Premier League player going into a game against Wolves, how many players would you actually be worried about facing up against? You can eliminate anyone who isn't in the front three almost instantly, take your choice between sitting off and removing all threatening passing options or apply the minimum amount of pressure and send them passing backwards every time, easy win. Traore will make you look a dick a few times but he'll probably waste it anyway, keep him wide and minimise it's impact. Neto just make sure you don't overcommit, as long as you stay somewhere near he'll probably turn back to give you another chance to tackle him before long. Hwang you can just stand him up and wait for the naff touch. Jimenez will go wide half the time, have a few niggles at him and he'll spend most of his time wrapped up in that pleading to the ref instead of playing football. Guedes will put you through some running at least but so far it's not looking like he'll make anything of it. Podence too would give you a few concerns whether to follow him or try and pass him on but inevitably he'll give it away more often than he'll hurt you.

What is there to fear?

Back