• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-3 Man City: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Occasionally looked threatening going forwards, but mostly made it easy for Man City who were in 2nd gear for the majority. Throw in some bizarre subs again and it wasn't great to watch. 1 shot on target today from us too isn't good enough.

And let's not forget the awful challenge from Collins which now puts us in trouble at CB. Do we go and pay Denayer what he wants now? I doubt it.

RAN was my MOTM, albeit being a tallest dwarf contest today.

Last edited:
Our possession play is largely fine and although not good today, our defending has improved.

But it means fuck all if we create fuck all every game. He’s shown no signs of being able to coach that since he’s been in charge. Just fuck him off

Haaland has scored more goals than 12/20 prem teams

Fucking shit.

Jonny was fucking wank
RAN good defensively but shocking going forward.
To maby times we slow it down and pass it fucking back
Nunes, Guedes best games
Neto, Hwank Podence, Collins, shit
Moutinho, Neves were good.

Why the fuck take Guedes off and leave Neto on.
City are streets ahead of any other team but we have to do better

Some good players out there but they are being led by someone who is an imbecile. RAN was poor first half and good 2nd. Which is more than Jonny who put in an absolute joke of a performance today. Matheus was good, Neves did surprisingly well at CB, though maybe shouldn't be a surprise because he's just a good footballer.

But in the end it doesn't matter if players have 'decent' games because whatever they do they don't look like scoring. Ever. And that's on the way the manager asks them to play. It has to be. 3 goals in 7 games is embarrassing. He needs sacking. Today.

What’s there to say?

I don’t see us winning again under Bruno.

No idea what he thinks he gets out of leaving Neves at CB?

A) what message does that send to the 2 CBs on the bench

B) if Collins is going to get 3 games, surely the sooner we start building a partnership between Kilman an one of the others the better. Neves is not going to start at CB in the next games so its just pointless.

The outcome completely inevitable because who’ve got in charge.
It’s not a complete impossibility to get something out of City or even make them sweat for it.
Palace yes lost but made them go into 5th gear to win the game.
As bear says once city we’re 2-0 up and a man up it was cruise control.
Poor defending for the first 2 goals especially the second stop backing off.
Just became a case of we’ll take the respectable beating and City happy to get the points.
It wasn’t a good effort at all.
We have ourselves zero chance today. 2 weeks he’s had with the players and things aren’t getting better.
Said on the match day thread we’ve played 7 games already against a good spread of teams and at less than a PPG, 3 goals only and none in the second half so far.
He’s 4-5 points short of where he should be and we’re being plunged into a relegation battle.
If he stays all season I think it’s a genuine 50/50 chance whether we stay up.

some good passages of play but again no end product and hardly a shot on target. if Costa don't come good and Raul still has problems, we're fucked !!!

50/50 is fucking generous

I don't see how Lage can continue. We have some quality players, but he doesn't get the best from them, we can't score a bullseye even if it was 10 yards wide, we pass sidewards and backwards more often than forwards, we rely too much on a moment of brilliance and 3 goals in 630 minutes is unbelievable.

He's gorra gew franksy. Heard a bit more in the ground today aswell. Hopefully be gone soon.

There’s zero argument to keep him in charge, he’s got no credit in the bank. Everything points to a side that simply isn’t clicking into gear.
Only 3 goals in 7 is utterly pathetic and it’s not like we’re missing hatful of chances which is even more concerning and again tells you whatever they’re being coached isn’t working.
Only argument for him staying is because it’s a decent thing to do.

Under Nuno I never went into a game against the top six (or anyone) thinking "we'll be lucky to get nil!" This cunt hasn't got a clue

Only twice under Nuno were we soundly beaten by a top 6 side Liverpool 4-0 away and City 3-0 away but if Boly had stayed on it would have been a lot closer.

Back