• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-3 Man City: Verdict Thread

Get this utter charlatan out of our club.

Hes been handed the most talented group of players that any of us have seen for 30 or 40 years and he's squandering that opportunity.

It's like handing the keys to Ferrari to a 17 year old with a brand new driving licence.

The bloke was appointed via pure nepotism and has no business at this level. Fuck him off.

Thought we had periods where we played well, between the first 2 goals and second half until the 3rd went in, probably City could have upped any time though.. RAN and Neto were very poor first half, RAN improved second, Neto needs to start on the bench for a bit, confidence is shot.
Guedes and Podence looked OK but whenever we got into good attacking positions we just shot our pants or picked the wrong option.
Jonny played pretty well for the most part I thought, especially as most of the game he was up against 2 on his own.
Neves radar was off quite a lot today.

Fucking shit.

Jonny was fucking wank
RAN good defensively but shocking going forward.
To maby times we slow it down and pass it fucking back
Nunes, Guedes best games
Neto, Hwank Podence, Collins, shit
Moutinho, Neves were good.

Why the fuck take Guedes off and leave Neto on.
City are streets ahead of any other team but we have to do better
I must have watched a different game as Jonny was motm for me

it seems that as we have such a number of quality players, individually they expect their team mate to score rather than themselves. all down to confidence

[It went wrong] not just in the first half, but the first minute. When a team like City, who played on Wednesday night, score in the first minute it is hard to take. In between the first two goals we were there, but they scored in a transition... It is not about Nathan Collins. Sometimes it happens and the same situations, I saw one like that yesterday in the Aston Villa game against Southampton and nothing happened, today it was a red card.
This motherfucker is seriously out here trying to say Collins was unlucky.

Never felt so disinterested at a game. As a contest is was over inside 15 minutes and bizarrely the red card meant City hit cruise control and were happy to play with no intensity whatsoever. Nobody played particularly badly but the decision making from the forwards is dreadful. Neto constantly takes too many touches perfectly illustrated by his chance in the first half when it was crying out to be hit first time but he takes a touch and still misses the target.

As others have said under Nuno you felt we could give anyone a game. Today within a minute it was plain to see that damage limitation was the best we could realistically hope for.

I do wonder if we’re waiting for Sevilla to sack Lopetegui, if that isn’t the case I’m not sure what their thinking is as it is as plain as day that if Lage stays 17th will be a massive success.

If Lage stays we WILL be relegated. I quite literally don’t know where the next shot is going to come from.

For the first time, I don't actually mind what he has said there. Protecting his player (rather than publicly shaming) and instead focusing on what went wrong as a team.

Tbf he alienated the other CB with his comments this morning, can't be doing both of them on the same day 😂

Bruno is trying to play mind games with Shi by not bringing on Toti. Not going to end well Bruno.

Only twice under Nuno were we soundly beaten by a top 6 side Liverpool 4-0 away and City 3-0 away but if Boly had stayed on it would have been a lot closer.
Were we playing four at the back, in those days or five?

There were a few positives. We got around the press well, although got a bit obsessed with it. Guedes had his best game, although he's a Wolves forward so naturally fucked up a presentable chance, thought RAN had a decent second half, would need to see the first again to see if he should have tracked KDB.

The first one loose ball from Nunes and we don't touch it again. Jonny criticised on here, but too far away to make a judgement.

Second Kilman has to engage and Sa has to save. It's neither a rocket nor in the corner

Red card looked nailed on from where I was. Clumsy rather than looking to do him, but amounts to the same thing. His 4th red card in less than 70 league appearances apparently. A worrying stat if true. Now we are down to a rookie centre half for 3 games, but nobody could have seen that coming right?

Genuinely shocked anyone could watch that and make Jonny MOTM 3 or 4 occasions where we lost possession and he casually jogged back. Also didn't like seeing Nunes shit out of a challenge against Akanji, we were 3 down at the time, but not a good look.

Podence as the 9 was stupid for a game you know you aren't going to dominate possession and need an out ball. Other than falling over too often, he did his best, but just the wrong selection. A few times Sa looked up and shrugged his shoulders.

Haaland is such a strange player to watch. For 95% of the time he looks slow, ungainly and a little heavy, but when he's involved in the game he comes alive, bit of a throwback centre forward which I quite enjoyed.

Didn't have a real issue with the Neves strategy. Keeps your forward players on and left Kilman to pick up their only true forward. Not something I'd be keen to repeat very often and would have taken him off after his yellow

Our players can't be on goalscoring bonuses, but touches in the box ones, because if there is ever the opportunity to take one too many, boy do we take it

Never felt so disinterested at a game.
Yep. A strange one. There was a guy by us who buggered off after the first goal! The manager, player, fan connection has diminished, apart from the Neves chant there’s not a lot of atmosphere being created.

Still people on social media saying Bruno needs time to get the players to gel, also reckoning Costa is the missing piece we need, his goal scoring will have us winning in no time

Back