• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-3 Man City: Verdict Thread

I don't understand this, at times he looked like he was barely trying when we lost the ball. He was just jogging along as they attacked at least twice that I noticed. Appalling stuff.

Wasn't beaten once by grealish or any other city player, he was defensively solid rarely gave the ball away. If I wanted headless chickens sprinting about all game I'd sign Mo Farah.

Still people on social media saying Bruno needs time to get the players to gel, also reckoning Costa is the missing piece we need, his goal scoring will have us winning in no time
Lage said after the game the absolute most he can do in 2 weeks time is 15 mins. WM said Raul is "miles away". When it comes to Costa too many people seem to think we've signed him straight from Chelsea

Wasn't beaten once by grealish or any other city player, he was defensively solid rarely gave the ball away. If I wanted headless chickens sprinting about all game I'd sign Mo Farah.
I've no idea what you were watching. He gave the ball away several times and then just jogged as they attacked. That's not being a headless chicken, tracking back is an essential part of his job.

I've no idea what you were watching. He gave the ball away several times and then just jogged as they attacked. That's not being a headless chicken, tracking back is an essential part of his job.

I don't remember many times at all. As for the jogging, he always looks like he's jogging to me. He's lost any pace he had with those knee injuries. Game of opinions.

Anyone know why Semedo didn't start? Abductor playing up?

Jonny got done a few times because he got attacked by Grealish and Cancelo with no other Wolves player within 10m, what's he supposed to do? Fuck knows where Neto was half the time.
Jonny was done by 65-70 minutes, he's just not as athletic as he was pre injuries. Should have been him subbed really but RAN never lasts 90

Mmmm keeping a winning team I guess, thought Nelson had played pretty well this season though

He literally fucked about with the ball in our own 18 yard box and so nearly got dispossessed.

Don’t think this is the game to twist the knife in a bruno. The damage and limitations of him are already well known, so I’d rather move on and comment on is we played. Although, think playing neves at cb and keeping the team as it was proved to be a good move, so as quick as we are to vilify him, I think he deserves credit where it’s due.

Again, felt there was some good stuff In there. We were the better team 2nd half until they got there 3rd, again without ever threatening ederson. It’s alright saying we are just missing a striker, but I doubt it’s as straight forward as that.

With the squad we’ve got, we should be looking up the table, not back. Personally think we will still be fine this season, however with someone else at the helm it could promise so much.

O, nunes is going to be a player. You can see it.

Still people on social media saying Bruno needs time to get the players to gel, also reckoning Costa is the missing piece we need, his goal scoring will have us winning in no time

They're thick. It's the only explanation.

If they gel it'll be in spite of Lage not in light of him. How people can't see that is staggering.

Feels like we're treading water at the moment when we really shouldn't be.

Why does that matter, we didn't play with 12, There's no rules against playing a back 3. Facts are we scored more goals, were better to watch and more defensively sound under Nuno with a worse squad of players.
Just asking 😬 thought you might know the answer seeing as how you'd done some 'research'.
We scored more goals (although not 'that many') before we sold Jota (and Doherty) and befor Raul and Neto had long, serious injuries.
That was then, this is now.
Your comparing apples with oranges in other words.

Back