• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City 3-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Hee-Chan, bud.

Not trying to condescend, it's just. That's his name. Can't separate the hyphenated bits.
It's like calling some "Vid" when their name is David.

Was a stone wall yellow tbf
didn't think it was to be honest, and the ref didn't appear to either til fernandes told him otherwise.

given a number of utd challenges that apparently didn't merit bookings, it's an anomaly!

I haven't seen a replay of the rugby tackle on Hwang yet, but at the time I couldn't work out how Coote had given the free kick to them. I just assumed he didn't want the difficult decision of having to potentially send a City player off, so went with the easy choice of giving them a free kick instead.

I'll have to try and see it again. Was it shown on MOTD? Usually anything controversial towards the top 6 teams gets edited out.

Hwang seems to get called for a foul any time he's contesting possession and he lifts his hands higher than waist height.

It's fucking bizarre.

didn't think it was to be honest, and the ref didn't appear to either til fernandes told him otherwise.

given a number of utd challenges that apparently didn't merit bookings, it's an anomaly!
“Promising attack” in our third where he doesn’t win the ball and takes out the player.

I thought there was nothing in it live, watched it back at home and saw it was blatant.

Like I’ve said before, you get away with the fouls in the opponents half as it’s deemed not a “promising attack” as your stopping it at source. That’s why City et al. Seem to get away with whereas we don’t.

I haven't seen a replay of the rugby tackle on Hwang yet, but at the time I couldn't work out how Coote had given the free kick to them. I just assumed he didn't want the difficult decision of having to potentially send a City player off, so went with the easy choice of giving them a free kick instead.

I'll have to try and see it again. Was it shown on MOTD? Usually anything controversial towards the top 6 teams gets edited out.
From his angle he sees Hwangs arm over Lewis’ shoulder so thinks Hwang is pulling him down. Complete lack of understanding from Coote of the game and the actions of both players, as it’s Lewis leaning into Hwang as he has lost it and is desperately trying to impede him

Coote's a **** but I don't think it would have been a red card as I think even if Hwang had not been fouled, the keeper was nearly on the ball..

Overall, the performance was pretty rank interrupted by moments of mediocrity. That team is miles away from being a top half team....but, that was probably the last game for that team and I think it showed. The front three could (and should) be completely different next time we play. It was interesting to see Neves play further forward in the first half, it didn't work but it was interesting.

I hope we can stay up, I think we will, because we need major surgery in the summer because I hate watching us being so comprehensively outplayed in every aspect of the game.

Coote's a **** but I don't think it would have been a red card as I think even if Hwang had not been fouled, the keeper was nearly on the ball..

Overall, the performance was pretty rank interrupted by moments of mediocrity. That team is miles away from being a top half team....but, that was probably the last game for that team and I think it showed. The front three could (and should) be completely different next time we play. It was interesting to see Neves play further forward in the first half, it didn't work but it was interesting.

I hope we can stay up, I think we will, because we need major surgery in the summer because I hate watching us being so comprehensively outplayed in every aspect of the game.
it’s painful to watch, particularly after much maligned Nuno Espírito Santo had the big 6 quaking at the thought of playing us.

this was city though, and on average they score more at home against other teams than they did against us.

We were definitely too passive in the past and I think we're still not physical enough man for man and often get bullied this way as well. However I do think we need to pick our battles and sometimes accepting a throw in against us on the halfway line with a smile allows a full on assault over some of the ludicrous decisions that we've had of late.
This

Back