• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City 3-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

One good goal, one accidental penalty, and one howler. At least Sa's mistake didn't cost us points against a rival.

Sufficiently happy with seeing Podence and Sarabia either side of a striker to think we'll be ok.

Got to cut out the mistakes though.

Last edited:
on the face of it depressing, but at least we’ve got some decent options now.

Sa is a huge concern, such a massive dickhead. He did that last week, only West Ham didn't score.

Kilman is weak and I expect Dawson to replace him.

Nunes poor today I'm afraid, sloppy on the ball and if anyone's at fault on the opener it's him.

Thought Lemina played well and Sarabia was decent when he came on.

On to the next one, this was a free hit.

Not what I'd hoped for but not unexpected. I like that we didn't give up, and we'd have had at least a few good chances against most other sides. Didappointed, but not too disheartened.

I'd like to think the players must know that they're playing for their futures right now. Like, if you don't perform, you will get replaced. So there's a decent few of them that should not be surprised when they're shipped out in the near future.

Hopefully when we play a full strength XI against weaker opposition we should start to consistently pick up points. And I'm including Liverpool in that who are absolutely bang average right now. As are Chelsea, as are Spurs. We should be able to take points off these teams if we play up to snuff.

I'm no more or less confident of staying up than I was before.

We didn't drop our heads at 3-0, so... yay.

1st goal was one that we could have defended a little better but you'd bet on the forward getting on the end of that 8 or 9 times out of 10. The penalty was unlucky, but I think Neves was caught napping a bit and reacted too slowly to the run. The less said about the 3rd the better.

After going 3 down I feared it would be a total embarrassment, but we showed a bit of fight and at least created a few shooting chances. Difficult to judge the new players too much in that game, but they showed something of promise. Collins played well and was probably our best player, Nunes next best for me.

I actually thought we played pretty well for the last twenty minutes or so. Whether that’s due to City declaring at 3-0 or because we had better players on the pitch by then I’m not sure. Perhaps bit of both.

No more of that starting front three from now on though I hope.

About as routine as it gets for City once we went behind we were never in the game. We made some daft decisions but in reality the scoreline is fair as city missed some big chances.
Anything planned or said by JL at HF is out the window as soon as the penalty is given away the last 20 minutes just seemed a case of City we’re happy with the points and we were happy not to get thrashed.

Corruption again.
City should have been down to 10 men.
That's a foul on Hwang and last man.

Fouls on Traore. De Bruyne again commits a trip to stop a break and Coote smiles at him.

It's really starting to annoy.
It's a fucking joke.
We did not lose today because of the referee FFS.

Though Coote is awful and it's a toss up between him and Bankes for worst current PL referee.

He’s got to go with the best team from here on in.

Sa, Semedo, Collins, Dawson, RAN/Hugo, Neves, Lemina, Nunes, Podence, Cunha, Sarabia.

Absolutely gifted one of the best teams in the world two goals, but felt the result was a given before a ball was kicked because of how we set up. We were never going to lay a glove on them.

Not great for our goal difference, but other results have sort of gone our way this weekend. Get Liverpool out of the way and then we simply have to start winning games.

We did not lose today because of the referee FFS.

Though Coote is awful and it's a toss up between him and Bankes for worst current PL referee.

Does his job, we may have still lost but it would have left less of a bad taste in the mouth

Didn't really learn anything new today.

Raul, Adama and Hwang aren't good enough and certainly not together, even though Hwang pressed well and did ok first half. Pod and Sarabia look more suited to the style of play JL wants and actually look to pass to team mates.

Too often Adama, Hwang and Raul didn't look interested and stood miles apart from each other offering no movement.

Semedo was brilliant and shit all in the space of 20 minutes. He just can't stitch a good 90 together.

Lemina was good in an industrious way but had little going forward. Moutinho linked play much better when he came on.

Thought Bueno looked out of his depth today and RAN much better when he came on.

We need that spark of creativity from Pod, Sarabia and Moutinho (hopefully AN Other too) or we'll be in trouble.

Collins MotM

Didn’t have much to argue with the set up. Good idea in theory.

But our use of the ball when we had it was awful and from players who could/should he better (Nunes).

Raul makes Costa look mobile, loses all physical battles, touch is largely poor and doesn’t link up well. Needs to go off to a farmers league. That gave us nothing to work from and the ball just kept coming back.

Nice break now to develop further with the new signings.

I completely understand JLs style so far of starting with a slightly weaker 11, holding out till second half then introducing our better players, due to lack of fitness and new players bedding in.
Going forward I'd like to think we can start our best 11, get us on the front foot and dominate a some games. The introduction of Cunha and Sarabia, with Podence will hopefully allow us to start actually creating better goal scoring chances.

Back