• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City 3-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Collins and Sa don’t seem to have any understanding between them

How did Sarabia look when he came on? What does he offer differently to our current wide forwards?

im new to the forum,so forgive me if this has been said before.
granted i only seen 5 or 6 matches live on tv,but i always thought wolves were very good to watch under lage,yes,still couldnt score.
but just saying.
anyone else think they were good to watch under lage?
at the mo they are far from good to watch.

How did Sarabia look when he came on? What does he offer differently to our current wide forwards?
Much narrower. Read the game well, very tidy technically and clever off the ball.

Few duff passes and finishing was erm...in keeping with the others.

Looked to link well with Pod and Cunha.

Just got back and after attending matches for four decades, the biggest bellend of the lot was stood in front of me today. No-one on here was it? 😂

granted i only seen 5 or 6 matches live on tv,but i always thought wolves were very good to watch under lage,yes,still couldnt score.
but just saying.

2/10 - too obvious, no bites predicted

There’s playing out from the back and then there’s doing it for the sake of it, and hoofing from an inferior position. Our indentification of when to do it initially and when to just abort it mid phase is atrocious.

We do this a ridiculous amount and it drives me insane. I'd rather we play out but if you are going to you need 2/3 options for the man with the ball not 1.

but just saying.
Just you Bruno.

but just saying.
You are Bruno Lage and I claim my five pounds

but just saying.
I'll have a go, as a one off, won't be commenting on this any further.
We were terrible to watch under Lage, so far for the most part we've been ok to watch under JL. The End.

I'll have a go, as a one off, won't be commenting on this any further.
We were terrible to watch under Lage, so far for the most part we've been ok to watch under JL. The End.
fair enough,you guys see a lot more than me.

I would suggest Specsavers then...

On the passing out from the back, thing. Comms mentioned today that Lop was absolutely screaming at Sa and then turned around and carried on ranting towards the bench after Sa punted one long, straight to the City centre backs, giving up possession. It’s clearly an instruction and he’s being told to pass out from the back, without doubt. Maybe Lop will change his mind now that he’s seen they can’t do it, or what’s more likely, he’ll tell them to keep at it, but to do it better. Football managers are a stubborn breed.

There's been enough evidence before today to demonstrate that

I think last seasons Sa was an upgrade on the previous seasons Patricio. So far this season he's been ok at times, made some good saves, unfortunately he's one of the few players (maybe the only one) that's looked worse under JL, a bit of a bombscare currently.

On the passing out from the back, thing. Comms mentioned today that Lop was absolutely screaming at Sa and then turned around and carried on ranting towards the bench after Sa punted one long, straight to the City centre backs, giving up possession. It’s clearly an instruction and he’s being told to pass out from the back, without doubt. Maybe Lop will change his mind now that he’s seen they can’t do it, or what’s more likely, he’ll tell them to keep at it, but to do it better. Football managers are a stubborn breed.
He also berated Sa for playing it out from the back when he could have sent it long towards Jiminez and Hwang so I’m not sure the instruction is play it short st all costs.

He’s probably expecting some kind of decent level of decision making and basic technique from a player who should be able to choose between pass short or hit or longer. Clearly Sa is not that player.

All of this.
There were so many times it just got played out to Kilman who a couple of times was about 10 feet from the corner flag and being closed down, now Kilman isn't the best dribbler and he found it kind of hard to move it out as his route back to Sa was cut off.
In fact once it did get back to Sa who had 2 attackers at him he just lashed it bad tempered out of touch a couple of yards behind Kilman!
Dangerous tactic if it's all a bit tight!
Which it frequently is.

Back