• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 0 Sheff Wednesday: The Party-Pooping Verdict Thread

Boozad

Numbnuts / Moderator
Reaction score
Not much of a matchday thread and not much of a match really, Wednesday turned up to spoil the party and did just that. We huffed and puffed but didn't really get anywhere, we had a few chances and one gilt-edged one but it looked like it would take us all night to find the net. Neves had a really poor game by his standards, plenty of misplaced passes and getting muscled off the ball, Afobe really didn't get into the game at all except for rolling the ball across the face of goal after rounding the keeper in the first half, and while Jota tried his best he just couldn't unlock their defence. Costa had some good touches but never looked like he was going to influence the game, Doherty was extremely quiet and offered very little and if it wasn't for Douglas' set piece delivery he'd have offered exactly the same. The defence always looked assured and were rarely troubled although Batth's distribution was woeful.

Barry Bannan ran the midfield for Wednesday and seemed to pop up everywhere except for where we could be hurt. It was a bit of an anti-climax to be honest rather than the spectacle we were all expecting (I think a lot of attention was focused on us lifting the trophy after the game) but Bright could have had the place rocking with 15 to go when he was put clean through only to drag his shot well wide with what turned out to be the game's best chance.

Great day out (good to finally meet Trips) and seeing us lift the trophy was special, Cass was nearly in tears she was so happy.

A nothing game that only existed to start the party. Town has been bouncing. Had a brilliant day and I think I may be a touch shit-faced

A nothing game that only existed to start the party. Town has been bouncing. Had a brilliant day and I think I may be a touch $#@!-faced

Good for you. It's what makes the memories. Have a fantastic night.

I feel like my brain is melting.

:icon_lol:
Best verdict thread ever!

On party pooping, apparently Boho started kicking Wolves fans out at 7pm for wearing shirts last night according to a couple of prolific Twitter accounts. Ok to take money from us scumbags before that though. I hope they're the quietest gaff in town next season.

Never had a problem in Boho, always a pleasant place to be. Some fans can be utter bellends and some bouncers too, maybe a bad combination of both.

They don't allow colours after seven. If they want to turn all that money away it's their decision I guess.

The match wasn't up to much, but the sight of Nuno hoisting the trophy in the air then proceeding to run up the pitch like a madman then drop the thing will live with me for a long time.

We were in Boho and left around 7 to go to Dilshad and to be fair we were being a bit loud. :icon_lol:

There was a guy who looked vaguely like Nuno who was being made to down pints of Guinness, there were two 6/7 year old kids standing on a table leading the chants and the smoking area outside was rammed full of Wolves fans chanting at people walking down towards the station.

BARCELONA, WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!

In terms of the football game, good to see Bright back but the none result reinforced my view that it would've been more useful to see a handful of fringe players get a game.

Yeah, I hope Bright, Morgan etc get a run out against Sunderland.

Being a party pooper on the party pooper thread it would have been nice for the players to celebrate more in front of the other 3 stands rather than the SB. I know the presentation was in front of the NB, but that was with their backs to us. I agree with JLovatt re the team selection, also thought MGW came on much too late. I want him to start next week.

Being a party pooper on the party pooper thread it would have been nice for the players to celebrate more in front of the other 3 stands rather than the SB. I know the presentation was in front of the NB, but that was with their backs to us. I agree with JLovatt re the team selection, also thought MGW came on much too late. I want him to start next week.
They were at the North Bank end for ages until Nuno went on his run up the touchline.

Back