• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 0 Sheff Wednesday: The Party-Pooping Verdict Thread

They don't allow colours after seven. If they want to turn all that money away it's their decision I guess.

They have a full house of non-footballing fans on a Saturday evening so not turning away money just looking after their regulars, which is fair to me

The ban on football tops/sports wear is normally 8pm but they started early last night due to how rammed it was.

I spent last night in a pub in darkest Lincolnshire. Had an interesting chat with an Albion fan who believes they can pull off the greatest of great escapes.

Sorry I have gone totally off the original thread.

I spent last night in a pub in darkest Lincolnshire. Had an interesting chat with an Albion fan who believes they can pull off the greatest of great escapes.

Have a feeling on Saturday evening his hope will be over.

Moore has done a great job though and it just highlights the mess up by Pulis and Pardew. The squad they have should not be bottom 3 of the Prem.

but the sight of Nuno hoisting the trophy in the air then proceeding to run up the pitch like a madman then drop the thing will live with me for a long time.
Nuno’s kids were the first relatives to be released into the pitch after the trophy had been presented. His son ran up to him and picked him up!

One gripe. For the 30 odd photographers that surrounded every player to get their “shot” where are these photos today? Coverage this morning in the Sunday’s isn’t up to much.

Their keeper was very good. Off his line quickly and two or three good saves (the one from Saiss especially).

We were understandably a bit flat and that contributed to Bannan having space to play, if you do that then he looks alright. Wednesday did ok without ever seriously threatening and they've underperformed badly this season. Doesn't look good for Jordan Rhodes when he can't get a minute ahead of the lumps up top that they started.

Think there's definitely a bit of celebration fatigue, you can't fake excitement every week about something that has seemed like an inevitability for months.

I think with Swansea playing both Southampton and Stoke it’s pretty much impossible. I think they can only stay up on goal difference as it stands.

Thought Sheff Wed played quite well given it is an "on the beach" game for both teams. Felt they looked pretty tidy without really creating anything.

Boho always kicks fans with colours out, at one point they weren't letting anyone in until they had got rid of the "raucous lot". And, Tbf, it was pretty raucous...!

Feeling a bit frosty today but not too bad, must have been the luxury of the Brittania that helped!

Have a feeling on Saturday evening his hope will be over.

Moore has done a great job though and it just highlights the mess up by Pulis and Pardew. The squad they have should not be bottom 3 of the Prem.

That is what I said. While he agreed to a certain extent, he did say that as bad as the football was under Pulis, he didn't think they would have been in such a mess if he had stayed at the Hawthorns.

I think with Swansea playing both Southampton and Stoke it’s pretty much impossible. I think they can only stay up on goal difference as it stands.
Indeed. I had to do a check of it yesterday to work out the permutations and could only see a way to stay up on goal difference with a swing of 3 or 4 goals, so not impossible but a precise set of results needs to occur.

Had a great time meeting up with you all and hope to do it again sometime next season. Atmosphere at the game was unfortunately a bit flat but before and after it was really good. We lacked the same level of intensity which is understandable and on another day would have won, not too worried. Few good saves from their keeper. Bannan was offered space and did look good. Only real complaint is that MGW didn't come on earlier, would have liked to see him get more minutes.

Nice to meet you! It was just a touch cramped in the London with that extra bar put in where we normally sit but we all seemed to make the most of it. Also great to finally meet Malta Mick, after our failed attempt to get together when I was last over there.

All in all a bostin day, but a nothing of a game. We were really only there for the trophy presentation!

Yeah a day for meeting up with friends old and new, a few beers and a good old chat!

Was really nice to meet you Callum...Hope you got your phone sorted

Echo the thoughts on meeting up with folk, had a blast this season meeting up with everyone through the season. Good to meet White Wolf yesterday and to finally meet Booz after a couple of failed attempts!!

We were in Boho and left around 7 to go to Dilshad and to be fair we were being a bit loud. :icon_lol:

There was a guy who looked vaguely like Nuno who was being made to down pints of Guinness, there were two 6/7 year old kids standing on a table leading the chants and the smoking area outside was rammed full of Wolves fans chanting at people walking down towards the station.

BARCELONA, WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!

Thought Sheff Wed played quite well given it is an "on the beach" game for both teams. Felt they looked pretty tidy without really creating anything.

Boho always kicks fans with colours out, at one point they weren't letting anyone in until they had got rid of the "raucous lot". And, Tbf, it was pretty raucous...!

Feeling a bit frosty today but not too bad, must have been the luxury of the Brittania that helped!

In essence this was a party celebration interrupted by a football match - not surprisingly very little real intensity from either team given that there was nothing riding on the result.

Brilliant weekend otherwise though tbf we we were helping the Boho to be as raucous as it was - wonder if those two little kids will offer to sing their songs at 'show & tell' next week, they knew all the words including the 'anglo-saxon' ones!

Feel great today, helped by the fastest return journey I have had in 2 1/2 hours driving time

Good to meet some more new faces as well

They were quite sweary for kids that age!

The atmosphere in that smoking area was absolutely brilliant. The singing was epic, and all the people walking past or over the junction joining in was tremendous stuff.

Wolves are aware that some supporters have voiced disappointment following yesterday’s post match celebrations.
In the heat of Nuno and the squad’s celebrations, plans to do a full lap of the Molineux pitch were overlooked, and Wolves have apologised for any disappointment caused.

Wolves managing director Laurie Dalrymple said, “Yesterday was such a fantastic occasion, from the absolutely incredible welcome the supporters gave the team coach, all the way through to the trophy lift and wonderful tribute from the players to Carl.

The support from all sides of Molineux was first class as usual, and the scenes at the end were some that will stay with us all for ever.
However, we are aware some fans were left disappointed, and we apologise wholeheartedly to anybody who felt let down by the location on the pitch where celebrations took place.
We have another opportunity to show our appreciation to supporters on Bank Holiday Monday, which promises to be another exceptional occasion, and we hope as many people as possible will be there to join us.
For any supporters who want the see the Championship trophy up close, please come into main reception at Molineux and visit our trophy cabinet, where it now stands pride of place.”

I wonder if they will allow us to have photos with the trophy again like we did when Mick took us up?

I think it's little embarrassing that the club feel that they have to apologise for the celebrations yesterday. The trophy presentation was down at the NB end and the players celebrated down there for a while and then when Nuno made his run down the Steve Bull side to the Southbank everyone was always going to follow. With that end being free thanks to no podium etc and being the stand which does make the noise then it was obvious that the players an their families were going to spend more time down their and interact with them especially when they were singing their names.

We've also got next Monday when a lot of people will be free to celebrate with everyone should they wish and they will get a lot closer to the players/staff and the trophy than they would have yesterday. I can see why the club have apologised as it's just easy to do so to appease those moaning but they shouldn't need to do.

Back