• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 0 Sheff Wednesday: The Party-Pooping Verdict Thread

The North Bank (at least the part I was in yesterday) was as loud as anything I have heard when in the South Bank

It was quite funny to see Nuno running madly with the trophy (then dropping it) though think that a walk round all four stands before they left the field would have been appropriate

Was good to see them all put on Ikeme 1 shirts though
Was really impressed with the NB yesterday, though they could do with a bit less of singing 'the north bank'...

The 3 with no tops on need a transfer to the SB though :)

Was really impressed with the NB yesterday, though they could do with a bit less of singing 'the north bank'...

The 3 with no tops on need a transfer to the SB though :)

Didn't hear that much of that where I was (NL5) nor (fortunately) see the topless ones!

Agree with all of that, I just think it would have been nice to have a lap of honour, maybe a bit less spontaneous though. Think we left the stadium about 6 as the kids were hoping that would have happened.

Maybe it would have been but the players were all doing their own things mainly with friends and family, Boly didn't hang around at all. I didn't even see him at the Southbank end, how dare he not celebrate in front of us........... In all seriousness a lap of honour with the trophy would have been great but it didn't happen for one reason or another and as the players did a lap of honour against Blues and we have the party next Monday hopefully all will be well by then.

But your point was aimed at me and not once have i implied that i'm superior and i didn't complain about season ticket prices and most people didn't as far as i could see. Also surely complaining about the players celebrating longer in front of one stand more than the one you sit in is precious?

I expressed sympathy for those who wanted to see the players and the trophy but didn't really get the chance. You did come across as being all superior but this isn't unusual from Southbank fans.

There were plenty of people complaining about the price increase.

Present the cup, lap of honour then let the families of players and staff on would be better IMO but tbh it doesn't matter a jot.
On another point why can't we sing our appreciation out without having being drowned out by music it was annoying and irrelevant.

On another point why can't we sing our appreciation out without having being drowned out by music it was annoying and irrelevant.

Nothing better than celebrating winning the League and having a dance to an S-Club 7 Classic...

One side we are still shit on is the stuff with Jason Forrestt and over the PA system. All very "Hospital DJ". Matt Murrays interview of Sam Ricketts was probably the best one of the season though, so not all bad.

I wonder if they've binned off Steve Daley. His interview with Kenny Hibbitt (I say interview, more Steve's monologue telling Mr Hibbitt about his own career) was dismal even by his own dreadful standards and he hasn't appeared since. J-Foz did the interviews at the Blues game and obviously Big Matt yesterday. They were both miles better, even asked questions and everything. So it's not a club issue to do it the way Daley has all season, it's his style and it's bloody awful.

They said before the Birmingham game Daley was missing because of the his birthday. Didn't hear anything this game.

Tbh I'd be happy with Sky sports news on at half time.

My attitude is simple. We have four stands, and they are all great in different ways. Sod it, we are all Wolves fans, and we all had a magnificent day.

For me, the end of the season has been similar to 08/09 in that while the celebrations have been vs Blues, Bolton and Sheff Wed (and back then they were vs QPR, Barnsley and Doncaster), at that point you know the deed is done already in all but name and while it's great to show appreciation to the players and staff, I can't be going wild about it. It's just signing the deal off.

In 08/09 Southampton/Derby were the real mentallers and this year it's been Boro/Cardiff. They were the games where you knew we were going to do it, big results and big performances when it mattered.

Best of luck to all those attending next Monday but I don't see the point personally.

I expressed sympathy for those who wanted to see the players and the trophy but didn't really get the chance. You did come across as being all superior but this isn't unusual from Southbank fans.

There were plenty of people complaining about the price increase.

Like i've said though we barely saw the trophy at the Southbank end either because the players had it taking photos with friends and family and it was only when Coady and Batth got it together that they came right up to the fans. I've also said that various things happening would have been better but they didn't because the celebrations weren't choreographed and i understand why kids would be disappointed but that doesn't take away my main point that people shouldn't be complaining to the club, do you think they should?

I never came across all superior just in your opinion i did which was wrong by the way. I just gave reasons why the celebrations were always going to end up at the Southbank end and be there longer but as is always the case you had to make it about fans in the Southbank thinking their superfans because you don't like them and have to resort to calling them cuntbubbles, whatever the fuck that is. Some might say that you think you're better than fans that stand in the Southbank.

Nothing better than celebrating winning the League and having a dance to an S-Club 7 Classic...

One side we are still $#@! on is the stuff with Jason Forrestt and over the PA system. All very "Hospital DJ". Matt Murrays interview of Sam Ricketts was probably the best one of the season though, so not all bad.

I believe I am on record as hating Jason Forrest and all the bs shouting. The music is always too loud then Steve Daley well nuff said
I realise that the music stops to a degree rival fans goading each other but it was after the match celebrating pissing the title.
Yeah Slade, Status Quo, ........S Club 7 its all just too much. So much better to sing players names and show them how much joy they have all brought to us in this magnificent season

I refer you to my post above Slink.

I agree Paddy, we probably all know people who sit in all 4 stands and those i know have loved everything about this season. I'm just massively disappointed that some thought the need to complain to the club when there wasn't any need and i know i've replied to Johnny far too many times but when he came in with all the super fan bollocks i had to reply.

It isn't a problem to me at all. I used to have the south bank super fans chip on my shoulder and frankly I don't now. I want us ALL to just enjoy how really fucking good Wolves are.

Present the cup, lap of honour then let the families of players and staff on would be better IMO but tbh it doesn't matter a jot.
This might have been the plan, but soon after presentation Nuno’s son made a bolt for it followed by his daughters. The head steward (?) in the blue jacket did try to insist the other players families wait, but one wag was having none of it and marched on waving everyone else to follow her.

But hey who cares.

I loved seeing the kids urged to score at the South Bank cheered on by their Dads and the crowd.

I left happy.

I agree Paddy, we probably all know people who sit in all 4 stands and those i know have loved everything about this season. I'm just massively disappointed that some thought the need to complain to the club when there wasn't any need and i know i've replied to Johnny far too many times but when he came in with all the super fan bollocks i had to reply.

And you've proved you are, congrats. You're pious about some people complaining to the club because they wanted them and their kids to see their heroes, I can only think you have little self awareness.

Edit: I should say that I grew up on the Southbank and even as a child the attitude from some was there and it hasn't changed in 30 years. Great when they want to be and I wouldn't change the atmosphere and would welcome a bigger Southbank.

I thought the nearest anyone got to a stand with the trophy was Neves in front of the North Bank until the photographers decided to pull him away to get pictures of him with the trophy.

And you've proved you are, congrats. You're pious about some people complaining to the club because they wanted them and their kids to see their heroes, I can only think you have little self awareness.

:icon_lol: Are you for real? Pot and kettle comes to mind. I have plenty self awareness thanks and as i've mentioned numerous times i understand the frustrations for those with kids but it isn't something they should be complaining to the club about, it's just not that important especially with next Monday happening too along with the lap of honour last week. I've mentioned that numerous times as well but we'll just forget all that and just say i think i'm better than everyone else that doesn't sit in the Southbank or has moaned because you think that.

FFS.

c27f059ea5ae49fa10dc4234cb06dcc0.jpg

Back