• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 0 Sheff Wednesday: The Party-Pooping Verdict Thread

Would have been nice to make it over those of us in the BQ tbf. Not really bothered, but the kids weren't that happy that they didn't at least walk round with the trophy.

I think it's little embarrassing that the club feel that they have to apologise for the celebrations yesterday. The trophy presentation was down at the NB end and the players celebrated down there for a while and then when Nuno made his run down the Steve Bull side to the Southbank everyone was always going to follow. With that end being free thanks to no podium etc and being the stand which does make the noise then it was obvious that the players an their families were going to spend more time down their and interact with them especially when they were singing their names.

We've also got next Monday when a lot of people will be free to celebrate with everyone should they wish and they will get a lot closer to the players/staff and the trophy than they would have yesterday. I can see why the club have apologised as it's just easy to do so to appease those moaning but they shouldn't need to do.

Yeah, superfans should always go first.

South Bank North Bank internecine stuff...

If it is the worst of our problems then I think we are nailing it.

Very embarrassing. The internet throws up some proper whack jobs yet again.

Your post reads as the South Bank fans being great and everybody else not worthy. Twitter is also full of these self important twats. Why can't all fans be as important as each other? Why is it Southbank fans think they are the club's true fans?

Your post reads as the South Bank fans being great and everybody else not worthy. Twitter is also full of these self important twats. Why can't all fans be as important as each other? Why is it Southbank fans think they are the club's true fans?

Yeah because that's what i said wasn't it? If you don't think that the players and staff are going to be more inclined to go to the Southbank in these types instances then you're deluded and it's the same at every other club. Human nature means they were always going to spend more time celebrating with the most vocal support in the stadium and i don't see why that is a problem for anyone that they felt the need to complain and have the club apologise.

As I said, superfans always see themselves as more important.

I couldn’t careless as it’s a piece of metal carried by some human beings at best 20m away. People round me in the NB lower we’re a bit annoyed as their kids weren’t involved in it at all and waited for an hour etc.

The trophy presentation was down the NB end but facing the other way (they just felt the NB was the best back drop), Coady and Batth did a few seconds and then it was up the NB end. Most of it was just a crowd of families in the middle. Then when it went up the other end the crowd of families were in the middle of the pitch blocking a view so had no idea what was going on. Could have had a Wolves camera down their putting it on the screens at least. The BW and family enclosure ( where most the people who actually gave a shit were) got nothing.

From what I’ve seen there are people complaining because players never went round to the North Bank or the Family Enclosure with the trophy. FFS, they’ve had a promotion celebration, Waterloo Road celebration, pre-match celebration, a trophy presentation and then having an open bus tour plus a party at West Park, yet people are still complaining.

So basically you have nothing else other than the Southbank thinking they're super fans, fantastic. Totally ignore the actual reasons that make sense and have a pop at the stand you don't like, well done.

From what I’ve seen there are people complaining because players never went round to the North Bank or the Family Enclosure with the trophy. FFS, they’ve had a promotion celebration, Waterloo Road celebration, pre-match celebration, a trophy presentation and then having an open bus tour plus a party at West Park, yet people are still complaining.

I hope the open bus tour takes in darkest Lincolnshire...

As I said, superfans always see themselves as more important.

Nothing to do with being "superfans" and everything to do with being vocal. One end likes to be vocal and one end likes to.be more thoughtful in their consumption of football. The vocal end is always more likely to attract the players and staff in a situation like this.

For me the things for Wolves to work on for our next title are: present on the centre circle, turn off the music, ensure the lap of honour happens so all fans can show their appreciation.

I think the general point is that there are a lot of kids in the BQ and they are the ones most bothered by this stuff and none got to see the trophy, that's a bit sad.

I spent years in the South Bank, grew up standing on there really and have nothing against it, but there is a bit of 'you shall never complain about us because we are the real fans' mentality at times.

So basically you have nothing else other than the Southbank thinking they're super fans, fantastic. Totally ignore the actual reasons that make sense and have a pop at the stand you don't like, well done.

Not ignored, just think those that think they are superior are proving it. This is from the same precious cuntbubbles who complained their season ticket prices were going up and they weren't getting the world on a stick for their loyalty over the last two millennia when Wolves were playing Willenhall Town during the dark days. But then that doesn't surprise me.

I can understand why people are annoyed if they stayed around for a long time and it's good of the club to acknowledge that.

The North Bank (at least the part I was in yesterday) was as loud as anything I have heard when in the South Bank

It was quite funny to see Nuno running madly with the trophy (then dropping it) though think that a walk round all four stands before they left the field would have been appropriate

Was good to see them all put on Ikeme 1 shirts though

I think the general point is that there are a lot of kids in the BQ and they are the ones most bothered by this stuff and none got to see the trophy, that's a bit sad.

I spent years in the South Bank, grew up standing on there really and have nothing against it, but there is a bit of 'you shall never complain about us because we are the real fans' mentality at times.

I sort of get that but it's not like the players were in the Southbank celebrating with the trophy, you could barely see it from where i was in there with everything going on. Plus it's not like the Southbank made the players celebrate there and as i've said next Monday will hopefully make up for the kids that didn't get to see the trophy etc and they will get a better look at it.

My main point still stands that people shouldn't be complaining to the club it is embarrassing as it was hardly planned and as i've outlined there were reasons for the celebrations taking place as they did. It had nothing to do with the Southbank being better than everywhere else until Johnny called us super fans.

Nothing to do with being "superfans" and everything to do with being vocal. One end likes to be vocal and one end likes to.be more thoughtful in their consumption of football. The vocal end is always more likely to attract the players and staff in a situation like this.

For me the things for Wolves to work on for our next title are: present on the centre circle, turn off the music, ensure the lap of honour happens so all fans can show their appreciation.

There's definitely an air of superiority from fans in the Southbank and I agree with your last paragraph and Tredman's sentiments.

I sort of get that but it's not like the players were in the Southbank celebrating with the trophy, you could barely see it from where i was in there with everything going on. Plus it's not like the Southbank made the players celebrate there and as i've said next Monday will hopefully make up for the kids that didn't get to see the trophy etc and they will get a better look at it.

My main point still stands that people shouldn't be complaining to the club it is embarrassing as it was hardly planned and as i've outlined there were reasons for the celebrations taking place as they did. It had nothing to do with the Southbank being better than everywhere else until Johnny called us super fans.

Agree with all of that, I just think it would have been nice to have a lap of honour, maybe a bit less spontaneous though. Think we left the stadium about 6 as the kids were hoping that would have happened.

Not ignored, just think those that think they are superior are proving it. This is from the same precious cuntbubbles who complained their season ticket prices were going up and they weren't getting the world on a stick for their loyalty over the last two millennia when Wolves were playing Willenhall Town during the dark days. But then that doesn't surprise me.

I can understand why people are annoyed if they stayed around for a long time and it's good of the club to acknowledge that.

But your point was aimed at me and not once have i implied that i'm superior and i didn't complain about season ticket prices and most people didn't as far as i could see. Also surely complaining about the players celebrating longer in front of one stand more than the one you sit in is precious?

Back