• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 0 Sheff Wednesday: The Party-Pooping Verdict Thread

:icon_lol: Are you for real? Pot and kettle comes to mind. I have plenty self awareness thanks and as i've mentioned numerous times i understand the frustrations for those with kids but it isn't something they should be complaining to the club about, it's just not that important especially with next Monday happening too along with the lap of honour last week. I've mentioned that numerous times as well but we'll just forget all that and just say i think i'm better than everyone else that doesn't sit in the Southbank or has moaned because you think that.

I guess some people think it is worth telling the club their feelings (I wasn't one of those btw).

No point arguing over it really, as you say it's not important in the grand scheme of things and you and I will never agree over a section of our fans. As Paddy says let's all just enjoy the greatness of this team.

FFS.

c27f059ea5ae49fa10dc4234cb06dcc0.jpg

See now that IS a crock of shit. Massive hyperbole.

That is, to use a technical term, a load of fucking look at me bullshit.

I posted my view this morning before any of this. Personally I think it was badly handled, Punts has described what happened in front of the NB so I'm not going to repeat it, but the players by and large didn't interact with the fans just mingled at that end of the pitch. The club had a week to sort this and it was poor, have I complained? No. Will I complain? No. Is the woman above a clown? Yes, but it could have been a lot better.

I guess some people think it is worth telling the club their feelings (I wasn't one of those btw).

No point arguing over it really, as you say it's not important in the grand scheme of things and you and I will never agree over a section of our fans. As Paddy says let's all just enjoy the greatness of this team.

They obviously do but that says more about people in general these days complaining about everything and wanting everything for them. All the things this club has done for fans over the last 2 years since Fosun have come in i think they deserve the upmost respect and to not have to deal with unimportant complaints.

I've never said some fans in the Southbank don't think they're better than others they do but my point was more that i don't think i am but i just outlined why things happened as they did yesterday simple as that. Agree with you on what Paddy said, i never thought we would be in a position where this club could cause ripples in the Premier League and 2 years ago i was resigned to Championship mediocrity if not worse for the foreseeable future but that is definitely not the case now. We should all be grateful and be enjoying what we now have.

Honestly why do you think you have a right like that? When the FA Cup is lifted they hardly dive into the Wembley stands with it, do they?

Is that a question to me Paddy? Assuming it is, I just think the team walking around the pitch with the trophy getting the adulation of the fans to the tune of S Club 7 isn't an unrealistic expectation. It certainly would have meant more to my son. Personally I would have pissed off as soon as the trophy was presented, hanging around cost me at least a pint [emoji3]

I posted my view this morning before any of this. Personally I think it was badly handled, Punts has described what happened in front of the NB so I'm not going to repeat it, but the players by and large didn't interact with the fans just mingled at that end of the pitch. The club had a week the sort this and it was poor, have a complained? No. Will I complain, no?

I think the point is though, the club have done loads of things for the fans to join in and enjoy the celebration. Compare that to our League 1 promotion and yet we have fans moaning because it doesn’t quite fit into how they wanted.

We can all say how we’d have done things better/differently, but for the club to have enough complaints that they felt they needed to apologise is quite sad.

Reality for me is that I am just happy to have seen & been part of this season - the best football I have seen us play (or at least football that I can remember)

Cannot see the point of complaining about anything, then again some need to announce themselves on social media somewhere (not my style, though that's mainly due to the fact that I have no idea what I am doing on there - my phone has today decided to evaporate battery power extremely rapidly which I assume is from a recent upgrade, but buggered if I know what it is!)

I am just happy that we are where we are

We have the club going in places we couldn't have dreamed of. We have displays set up. We have the club embracing the coach welcome even though that was a purely fan idea. And people moan about how the trophy was paraded?

Seriously?

I believe I am on record as hating Jason Forrest and all the bs shouting. The music is always too loud then Steve Daley well nuff said
I realise that the music stops to a degree rival fans goading each other but it was after the match celebrating pissing the title.
Yeah Slade, Status Quo, ........S Club 7 its all just too much. So much better to sing players names and show them how much joy they have all brought to us in this magnificent season

Totally agree with this.
I have no qualm wherever they pick the trophy up or take it round (or dont take it round) BUT at one point you would think, right lets cut this ultra mega loud (repetative) music and actually let the fans interact with the players.
Apparently, people sang "one Jeff Shi"...sorry but i didnt hear that at all just fucking S Club 7 for some strange reason?????
Best thing was the playing of "Def Con One" before the match and im glad i dont have to hear the Sheff Weds anthem for another few months.
What ever happened to playing "simply the best"?

Def Con One was a really strange one, I was having a piss when they played that and I looked around at everyone a bit surprised but I think I was the only one who knew what it was.

She’s better off not going to Starworks as I guess the players will be the other side of a velvet rope and not downing jägers at the bar. I wouldn’t want Laurie getting another tweet of disappointment.

Def Con One was a really strange one, I was having a piss when they played that and I looked around at everyone a bit surprised but I think I was the only one who knew what it was.
Am I right in thinking that the club recently canvassed for matchday music (poss on the mix)?

Don't know if he still does but Clint used to post on MM

Am I right in thinking that the club recently canvassed for matchday music (poss on the mix)?

No idea mate, I suppose it’s decent if they did. I’d love to give them a list.

I don’t get what her complaint is? She’s got tickets, her sons are back. What can she not go to?

The players never showed her the trophy, therefore the club let her down and because of that she and her family have decided not to attend the parade or use the tickets they paid £6.60 each for.

The players never showed her the trophy, therefore the club let her down and because of that she and her family have decided not to attend the parade or use the tickets they paid £6.60 each for.

[emoji23][emoji23]

What an absolute helmet. I was trying to find some connection with a bank holiday the day after the end of the season being a bad day for it. Didn’t realise it was because of that, surely no one is that much of a tit.

Back