• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 0 Sheff Wednesday: The Party-Pooping Verdict Thread

Fair policy, tbh.

They didn't let me back in after 8pm once when I needed to kill 30 minutes before my bus came (due to my bike being lock inside the Civic car park which had closed!). They hadn't chucked any football fans out though.

Information which you gave us the morning after :icon_lol:

If you'd messaged me then we'd have drunk up, left and met you.

The Boho isn't really a football/sports pub at all. We picked it as a post-match venue because we were all fucking sick of the diabolical service (among many other issues) in the Moon but we need somewhere close to the station for all the lads who need to get a train. Despite it being busy, they normally serve pretty quickly in the 5-7pm window and drinks wise there's something there for everyone.

If they marketed themselves as a Wolves pub and then were chucking Wolves fans out then I could understand the uproar. As it is, not really. Unless there really was a poor attitude shown by the staff and it really was only one way - I couldn't say, I didn't see anyone getting turfed out and I was in there until nearly 7.30. None of our lot got chucked. Paddy and Lycan should have been though, disgraceful :D

Yeah I think it's a very convenient location, it's a decent atmosphere (pre-cocktail wankers anyway - but Jinky doesn't go to many games...) the beer is good and like you say, it's not somewhere you pitch up for the rest of the evening.

Didn't realise there'd been an issue with some of the bouncers though, that's a bit shitty.

But if it means it's dead quiet after the parade on Monday, all the better!!

Didn't realise there'd been an issue with some of the bouncers though, that's a bit shitty.

That is the gist I get from vaguely following the issue on Twitter (I'm not that interested, to be honest). Without seeing or hearing what happened then I can't comment. Would not defend the bar if there's been an issue in that respect. Although in my experience, it tends to be a two way street at least to a certain point. I remember getting chucked out of Robinski's back in about 2001 :icon_lol: The bouncers were pricks about it but of course, I was behaving like a dickhead (and a mouthy dickhead, at that).

As ever on Twitter most people are totally missing the point and believing that they have a divine right to be served in any pub dressed in whatever they want (because we're Wolves fans in Wolverhampton), or labouring under the misapprehension that spending a certain sum grants you immunity from any rules. It doesn't work like that. Their house, their rules. Just drink up and stick it to the man by spending your money somewhere else. Don't want to go back? Don't then.

Bouncers were ok when we broke out via the smoking area, despite the pleas from the poor bar staff not to do so. The Bouncer strolled over but then let us carry on. I know they stopped Steve and Sam coming back into the pub after they went to check into their Hotel, they seemed to accept that (by sneaking in 5 mins later).

No doubt a lot of "You can't come in" was met with abuse so they got it back.

They didn't appear to be throwing anyone out at that point, just stopping anyone else coming in.

Went to go out of the main door for a cigarette as couldn't get into the 'designated area' due to it being full with the 'choir' & was politely told I wouldn't be allowed back in ifI did so didn't bother - not saying that they were all angels but suspect they were given some aggro & replied forcefully

Bouncers were ok when we broke out via the smoking area, despite the pleas from the poor bar staff not to do so. The Bouncer strolled over but then let us carry on. I know they stopped Steve and Sam coming back into the pub after they went to check into their Hotel, they seemed to accept that (by sneaking in 5 mins later).

No doubt a lot of "You can't come in" was met with abuse so they got it back.

Yeah, they were pretty polite to Sam and I tbh. Also, we were close to wandering off to another bar until some random created an emergency entrance for us...!

Alternative highlights, I mean celebrations, are up

Back