• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-4 Leicester: Verdict Thread

If you were there you would've

A) Been in that atmosphere
B) Been on your own in not cheering the team.

I was in a box in the JI that day and the atmosphere was electric everywhere.
I was in the Billy Wright lower with my boys. I have yet to be at Molineux where a 6-0 loss or similar was so gracefully accepted like others are suggesting. I may well have cheered but remember thinking we were given a lesson.

From what I remember of that day once all hope was lost of getting anything from the game good old Black Country gallows humour took over

I was in the Billy Wright lower with my boys. I have yet to be at Molineux where a 6-0 loss or similar was so gracefully accepted like others are suggesting. I may well have cheered but remember thinking we were given a lesson.
Then you may be misremembering.

Watched the game late last night due to family stuff and sat there in horror as Leicester unpicked us.

So many chickens coming home to roost, so many problems. I don't think the players or fanbase have the stomach for what's coming, and we have little to no PL football talent at management level and above.

Thought Bueno was our best player by a mile and Podence busied himself, but (as many of us have been saying for years), we've assembled a squad packed full of players who are incapable of scoring a goal, one of the basic tenets of football. Almost literally incapable.

Glad to be able to come on here and read the thoughts of others, but it's fucking depressing, isn't it?

But 4-0 today & everyone thinks we do despite us dominating the stats.
The stats can say what they want. I know what I saw with my own eyes, after the second goal went in yesterday we shrunk as a team. All confidence gone, and no leadership on the pitch or on the bench to change things.

We 'dominated' the ball in our own half, but had little to no idea how to get back into the game. Leicester had no need to try and dominate the game once they went 2 up, the game was done and they knew it. Just sit in, let us knock it around aimlessly, and pick us off on the break.

If you want to hark back to a 6-0 against Saints that was completely different to yesterday, you crack on.

It's completely unfair and frankly, fucking horseshit.

Even in the dying embers of the game he put a 60 yard pass onto Campbells foot. He was also 1 of 4 to front up and stay behind.

He spoke about Barcelona ≠ he doesn't want to be here.
You're welcome to your opinion and of course, I won't refer to it as "fucking horseshit".

Perhaps I should have phrased my original comment slightly better. He's still trying, but it's obvious to me that he knows he is leaving in either the next window or the summer one (and I don't blame him). It must be difficult for him to play in these circumstances, but he's the club captain. Everyone else is looking to him for inspiration. I wonder how the others felt when they hear their captain blowing smoke up the arse of Barcelona? It's not great, is it? He could have easily swerved the question completely or shut it down. He knows he's going, we know he's going. I love him as a player & he's shown fantastic loyalty, but I don't think he's the best captain option, whilst we're scrapping in a relegation dogfight because he knows that, regardless of what division we are in, he'll be off somewhere for a fresh new challenge.

As for his actual performance, he'll always be able to ping a ball 40-50 yards on to a sixpence because he's an extremely talented football player.

FWIW, Neves is far from the biggest issue at the club right now, but you picked out that part of my post so I'll respond to it.

Last edited:
I agree with most of this, and fair play for not going down the Madeley / Oatley route, but why has it not been said earlier. It’s been evident for months:

Where are the articles calling out them fleecing us on tickets? Why did they not question Thelwell not being replaced?

Last edited:
On the subject of Neves and Barcelona. No player, in my view, should be indulging with the media on speculation about where they may or may not be playing in the future. They play for Wolves and they should be 100% focused on the job in hand, a very difficult one it is at the best of times, never mind our current predicament! Love Neves, but it typifies where he and the players are at the mo. Does not bold well until some mean bastard of a manager, or someone who can press the right buttons in other ways, comes in to get this runaway train back on track!

I don’t think Lage had much say in it. I don’t know what went on with Coady but he wanted Saiss to stay. Saiss confirms in the podcast it was Shi who fucked him off and insinuates that Bruno wasn’t getting the players he wanted.

Not that I’m letting Lage off here. He should have gone in the summer.
I’ve just listened to the John Ruddy Talking Wolves podcast and he says both Lage and Sellars wanted him to stay but Jeff decided against it.

It makes you wonder if Lage had any input into any of our incomings or outgoings or if it was just Jeff & Mendes.

Lage is the one who fell out with Coady, which is the biggest loss.

We couldn't even trust Ruddy to play early round cup games and it was probably the natural end for Saiss regardless.

Back