• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-4 Leicester: Verdict Thread

I think that's a bit unfair. Neves at least looks like he cares and he's trying.

It's completely unfair and frankly, fucking horseshit.

Even in the dying embers of the game he put a 60 yard pass onto Campbells foot. He was also 1 of 4 to front up and stay behind.

He spoke about Barcelona ≠ he doesn't want to be here.

"... Steve Davis rejected suggestions that Sellars, a former Leeds, Newcastle, Blackburn and Bolton winger, was having a say on tactics during a game.

"Scott does his job upstairs and we do our job downstairs," said Davis. "I'm not on social media so that was the first time I heard something like that [from the fans].

"He is not involved in picking the team. We [Davis and coach James Collins] select how we play and we make the substitutions.""

More gaslighting from the wankers at the club

Think Ruben is one of very few players still performing

Depends on your interpretation. He's doing what he normally does but it's not enough. We are really struggling and you want your captain and star player to be dragging us through and he just doesnt.

I really don’t think Neves wants relegation as club captain when he looks back on his career.
He’s not one of the problems at the club by a mile.
Squad is full of players who either perform 1/5, use to be good or are still dining out on one good season a few years back.
On the whole the defensive 3rd and attacking 3rd are below PL standard currently.
Would a new coach get more out the side? Defensively yes attacking wise we just don’t have enough quality.

Is the consensus still:
If we had the right manager, say Lopetegui or Amorim, he 'could get a tune out of this squad',
Or not?
Is it a lost cause with the present squad?
Short term: Could Dyche keep us up?

Yes, I still think an actual manager could get this side performing. Definitely better than what we are getting currently. There is no way this should have been the aim at any point, but any half-competent manager could get us to 17th this season

I really don’t think Neves wants relegation as club captain when he looks back on his career.
He’s not one of the problems at the club by a mile.
Squad is full of players who either perform 1/5, use to be good or are still dining out on one good season a few years back.
On the whole the defensive 3rd and attacking 3rd are below PL standard currently.
Would a new coach get more out the side? Defensively yes attacking wise we just don’t have enough quality.
That's my impression. Build from the back. Hope we can scrape a goal from Adama, Pod, Nunes, Neves.
Until Raul is available (if he ever is again) or we can sign another striker in January.

Yep nothing against Davis but if it was a case that anyone could manage sides at this level then there would be no need for employing guys like Klopp, Pep, Conte, etc for many millions of pounds per year. Davis has had a mediocre career in the lower leagues and should be nowhere near a Premier League bench, its not his fault like it wasn't TC's but it needs to end, preferably in the next couple of days. We have wasted 3 games since Lage was rightfully sacked and the Forest win was by the narrowest of margins relying on a penalty and a penalty save

I still think a good coaching team could win even in the short term, Newcastle looked good again today and still have a little core of their previous regime players who were struggling to get points at all.

For me I would revert to a defensive system that protects us, I wasnt as keen on Collins as others early and am always wary of relegated players (not completely of course but mostly) but I don't think they are good enough as a pair centrally, last year a few people were wary of our statistical over performance (Sa being the biggest element) and we are seeing the regression back to the normal with our goals against.

The warnings were there and were mostly ignored. Worse still we are now seemingly short on players to allow us to revert back to the contain and break shell of previous.

I still think a good coaching team could win even in the short term, Newcastle looked good again today and still have a little core of their previous regime players who were struggling to get points at all.

For me I would revert to a defensive system that protects us, I wasnt as keen on Collins as others early and am always wary of relegated players (not completely of course but mostly) but I don't think they are good enough as a pair centrally, last year a few people were wary of our statistical over performance (Sa being the biggest element) and we are seeing the regression back to the normal with our goals against.

The warnings were there and were mostly ignored. Worse still we are now seemingly short on players to allow us to revert back to the contain and break shell of previous.

A good coach would make us harder to beat but ultimately it’ll be the lack of goals that’ll seal our fate. I think a good coach struggles with what he’s got available in forward areas. None of the 3 that started today are of PL standard anymore.

A good coach would make us harder to beat but ultimately it’ll be the lack of goals that’ll seal our fate. I think a good coach struggles with what he’s got available in forward areas. None of the 3 that started today are of PL standard anymore.
I thought Pod was good today and we did create a fair few chances.

Adama is what he is and Costa is good for 15 minute in each half

I think Raul comes back once Sellars is booted and we get a proper manager and DoF in.

I thought Pod was good today and we did create a fair few chances.

Adama is what he is and Costa is good for 15 minute in each half

I think Raul comes back once Sellars is booted and we get a proper manager and DoF in.

Still very patchy though and nowhere near enough to rely on to get us out of trouble.

Back