• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-4 Leicester: Verdict Thread

I just had a look and it seems Sellars was appointed Managing Director - Professional Football 10 days before the Sevilla game. It's been downward spiral ever since

I just had a look and it seems Sellars was appointed Managing Director - Professional Football 10 days before the Sevilla game. It's been downward spiral ever since
What a ******* disaster that has been.

Not really a Mendes type issue though. Teams fall apart when they stop spending and he helps sell off their assets, we are still spending.

Did we not spend £27m on Mendes client Guedes deemed unneeded for a game we lost 4-0?

Or pay double the price for Mendes client Semedo?

Would we have spent what we did on Nunes if there was a player out there of exactly the same profile NOT represented by Mendes?

You appear to be focused on the end game of the big sell off. We're a step behind that where he's still rinsing us for over-inflated footballers but be in no doubt the end is near.

With a smidge of hindsight it's a weird one; in many ways it was the most promising performance we've put together in ages in terms of creating decent chances (I say this having not seen the xG numbers, tbf). Equally, out of possession the players looked clueless, disinterested, tired, or some combination of the three.

But ultimately the score is exactly what we deserved.
Wolves (1.85) 0-4 (1.06) Leicester.

Did we not spend £27m on Mendes client Guedes deemed unneeded for a game we lost 4-0?

Would we have spent what we did on Nunes if there was a player out there of exactly the same profile NOT represented by Mendes?

You appear to be focused on the end game of the big sell off. We're a step behind that where he's still rinsing us for over-inflated footballers but be in no doubt the end is near.
Valencia, Mónaco, Benfica (yes we are on the red despite 1B on sales Over the last 10 years), Depor, Zenit. The list goes on and on.

At least i got a exclusive rank out of if.

Hopefully.

Nuno was holding this club together single-handedly, despite all the other crap coming from Shi/Sellars

Let him have it, he was ridiculed and dismissed years ago for being so anti-mendes.

Everything's come home to roost now and we deserve every bit of it.
I wish i was wrong though. I was no man from the future.

The only difference was that, at that time, we were a few years ahead on the Mendes run.

Not disagreeing with that, just showing that stats sometimes don't give the full picture.
We played some decent stuff early on. We did attack a lot more than we did under Lage.

There's just no substance anywhere. If we concede first we lose, you never actually believe we'll score, there's no ability to change the course of a game.

Just get in from that absolute shambles.
We looked decent first 20 minutes and even after falling behind but 2nd goal is where the disgrace begins. Never seen such viable signs of players heads dropping and then coasting along.
The Nunes signing will prove to be a huge flop and then he’ll rip it up elsewhere and tell of his nightmare at Wolves.
The more you look at the squad the more it looks not up to it.
Lots of nice technical players but no leadership or ruthlessness at the top end.
The defence is ragged Kilman looks shell shocked Johnny looks a shell of his former self and Semedo looked half arsed when he came on.
18 conceded in 12 now that’s not a good back line at all.
We’re so toothless upfront it’s painful to watch.
Many here have said a good manager would get this side mid table, no he wouldn’t.
Firstly they don’t fight every club at least in the league has some fight we don’t.
The decision by Bruno to offload 3 stalwart defenders in one window is proving disastrous.
The club’s decision since September 2020 are coming to a head this season which will to us going down comfortably.
I actually don’t think we’ll break 30 points and score more than 25 goals.
Selling Doherty & Coady is a big part of why we are struggling.

But we’ve got Neves and Moutinho for that role, and Nunes taking Donk’s old position.
Isn’t that where part of the problem lies. These three are technically gifted players but in our team our shape looks all over the place and no one understands their role.
They’re playing as individuals to me.

On the team/playing staff.

I’m not convinced by Collins at all. Kilman’s form has dropped off a cliff. Because of the way we binned off Coady, we now can’t switch back to three at the back, nor would I want us too. But with these two at centre half, we’re not keeping many clean sheets this season. Especially with Sa looking like gifting the opposition a goal a game. Sa shouldn’t be letting in Maddison’s goal at his near post, but the game was dead as soon as they went 1-0 up anyway.

Jonny has been a disgrace recently but I (and others) have given him leeway in case it was rustiness coming back from injury. But I have no doubt in my mind now that the blokes got a bad attitude and doesn’t want to be here. You fell out with Lage and effectively stopped playing to your ability. The club sacked him and now you’ve somehow got worse? His effort levels were a joke today - he should be embarrassed.

Nunes clearly didn’t want the move here & it seems like Mendes had a word in his ear to force it through. He looks like a league 1 midfielder - not one of the “hottest prospects in world football”. No idea how he doesn’t score his 1 on 1 in the first half - but his quality on the ball is miles away from where we need him to be.

Moutinho has regressed terribly and offers nothing. It’s a shame to see a legend playing like this.

Neves, for me, doesn’t want to be here. He’s starting to ruin the legacy that he’s worked hard to achieve, because for me, he knows that it makes no difference what league we’re in next season - he’s off anyway. I’d take the money in the next window and reinvest it in players that want to be here that can give us a fighting chance in the Championship next season.

Don’t know where to start with the front three, so won’t bother. As I’ve said, we won’t score 15 goals as a squad this season.

What’s worse, the players waiting in the wings - Semedo, Hwang, Ait-Nouri, Hodge etc are either woefully out of form or not good enough, so Davis has his hands tied behind his back. I feel sorry for the bloke.
Getting rid of Coady was stupid on several levels. I have never been convinced by Jonny - even when defending well he offered little going forward - always taking the soft option of passing backwards. Moutinho should have gone last year. Semedo is all over the place & not an improvement on what we had before. Sometimes he looks quality but not for long. Hwang looks like someone pulled out of an amateur league. Lets hope for a miracle!

Isn’t that where part of the problem lies. These three are technically gifted players but in our team our shape looks all over the place and no one understands their role.
They’re playing as individuals to me.
Exactly. We never tried Donk there as N&M had to play.

Back