• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-4 Leicester: Verdict Thread

"we had twenty chances" crowd out in full force.

Er no, we made 18 bad decisions and had 2 chances

Sadly our dithering has meant we’re significantly less attractive than the day we sacked Lage. Unfortunate Jeff!
Maybe. It depends on what motivates the coach/manager. I would have thought someone like Svensson would see it as a challenge and somewhere he cold really build his reputation. That said, I thought the same about Beales.

Maybe. It depends on what motivates the coach/manager. I would have thought someone like Svensson would see it as a challenge and somewhere he cold really build his reputation. That said, I thought the same about Beales.

The brain trust already told Svensson they didn't want him. Why would be come now?

This is mostly conjecture although it feels like our recruitment model and the "permanent coaching" team they were putting in place are the issues candidates were facing, a head coach is a system many are used to but it seems we were looking for a step even beyond that.

If it was my choice now, remove the temp team and put them back to the u23/U21 etc. Get the manager installed with his own team of staff now, regardless of cost. Tell him that until Jan is a free hit and he can work with this squad and promise him whatever players our targets possible for a Prem club, no short changing, no slacking, deals in place ready for window opening. This needs 5 signings and better coaching. That's step 1. Sod step 2.

We're 2 missed (well, saved, credit to Sa I guess) penalties and a Che Adams brainfart away from having 4 points from 12 games

When season ticket renewals come up this year a lot more of the talkers will be walkers even though prices will be frozen for 4 more games

Davis and Collins may be great at coaching U21 & 23 but are totally out of their depth in PL. Not their fault though, as they've been put in such a hideous situation. Get a manager in now and tell him he can buy whoever he wants in January to save the club from relegation. I wouldn't care if it was Dyche or Big Sam if they did the job requred.
A lot of the players out there today are not fighters and will see us relegated

Gestifute were critical to Fosun's football adventure, that investment was a cornerstone of their approach, they aren't going to move away from it. They basically bought a club for Mendes.

I wouldn't care if it was Dyche or Big Sam if they did the job requred.
A lot of the players out there today are not fighters and will see us relegated
The second sentence is exactly why the first shouldn't happen

Whats the betting Jeff will get someone like McKinsey or KPMG to come in and do some consultancy

Edit. as if Jeff would listen to anyone else anyway

From Champions League promises to Championship certainties. How to ruin a club in under two seasons. We're an embarrassment. Just can't be arsed now, until/unless either Jeff goes, Fosun sell or a manager above pub-league level arrives. Watching this as a Wolves fan is just masochistic.

God Knows what the answer is, we played really well for so much of the game.

I want to go back to boring awful 1-0 wins rather than great attacking open football and absolute hammerings

Just get in from that absolute shambles.
We looked decent first 20 minutes and even after falling behind but 2nd goal is where the disgrace begins. Never seen such viable signs of players heads dropping and then coasting along.
The Nunes signing will prove to be a huge flop and then he’ll rip it up elsewhere and tell of his nightmare at Wolves.
The more you look at the squad the more it looks not up to it.
Lots of nice technical players but no leadership or ruthlessness at the top end.
The defence is ragged Kilman looks shell shocked Johnny looks a shell of his former self and Semedo looked half arsed when he came on.
18 conceded in 12 now that’s not a good back line at all.
We’re so toothless upfront it’s painful to watch.
Many here have said a good manager would get this side mid table, no he wouldn’t.
Firstly they don’t fight every club at least in the league has some fight we don’t.
The decision by Bruno to offload 3 stalwart defenders in one window is proving disastrous.
The club’s decision since September 2020 are coming to a head this season which will to us going down comfortably.
I actually don’t think we’ll break 30 points and score more than 25 goals.

Back