• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - Blackburn 0 - going for a new record verdict thread

What scares me is that they all looked like they were having a go at it if that makes sense. The comments on Coady may actually be right because he did run around a lot. They're just not good enough. Hunte looked lively, passed the ball quickly but I doubt Enobhakare will make it. Jack Price needs PL football - he'll get better.

Thought bright was best player on pitch. Hunte was trying too hard

6 unbeaten.

:disco:

Well I thought that was a thoroughly entertaining game...

MOTM - Coady. Anything Dangerous game do Coady can do better...

Hope I'm wrong but I've seen a few cameos and I'd like to see him get ninety minutes. Thought Hunte tried to increase the tempo and wake them about but all around looked like they were on the beach. I'd throw a couple more young ones in next game - rather get stuffed 6-0 a few times if it gives them some experience. What about Collins?

Hope I'm wrong but I've seen a few cameos and I'd like to see him get ninety minutes. Thought Hunte tried to increase the tempo and wake them about but all around looked like they were on the beach. I'd throw a couple more young ones in next game - rather get stuffed 6-0 a few times if it gives them some experience. What about Collins?

Glad we tried our own instead of Helan. Now if we have no intention of buying Le Fondre he should be benched for good and Bright starting..

Thought Bright played well tbf. Looked to create and linked up well. Hunte looked like he wasn't sure of his role, though this could be due to trying too hard to make an impact.

Or you could explain why you think Coady played well? People see different things from different angles - my low down view in the South Bank isn't the best for watching the pattern of play.

No problem, worked his bollocks off, constantly broke up opposition attacks, provided the best pass of the game to Sigurdarson who hadn't got a clue what to do with it.

Coadys first touch went further than his best pass... He had one "good" pass and the rest were bloody awful

No problem, worked his bollocks off, constantly broke up opposition attacks, provided the best pass of the game to Sigurdarson who hadn't got a clue what to do with it.

Which pass was that?

I thought Price covered more ground and worked harder than Coady. If anything I thought Price was covering more than his personal 3rd of the pitch. I also thought Price broke play up more effectively.

I'm not sure what pass you are referring too, perhaps the highlights on 5 will refresh my memory?

I will give Coady credit for making intelligent runs out wide right, something I've noticed he does do well, despite most of our team ignoring him when he does this. Despite the intelligent runs wide, I think his first touch was fairly poor today, and when the ball did pop out to him he didn't create anything.

Jack price hit some awful passes in the second half.

Ikeme MoTM 3 decent saves that got us the point
Iorfa and Doherty solid enough
Hause. He worries me, I like the fact he tries to pass the ball rather than hoof it, but he gives it to the opposition or kicks it out more often than not, his positioning leaves a lot to be desired as well. What I've seen of him in the last 18 months doesn't match the hype. He is still young but way behind Lescott for example at the same age
Batth. Typical performance some good challenges and headers, woeful distribution one of which lead to Ikeme needing to make a good save.
Henry, looked the most likely to create something but final ball often lacking and continually hit the first man from set pieces
Coady and Price individually played well, Price marginally the better. As a two though it just doesn't work, both too deep and neither drive us forwards
Saville, had a decent chance with a header, opted to knock it across rather than at goal. Doesn't suit left of the rhombus and don't want to see him there again
Mason, not in the game, started in his favoured position apart from fluffing a chance from the Saville knock back he wasn't expecting was none existent
ALF, fairly lively, touch often too heavy, nice bit of skill to create himself a one on one with the keeper which he blasted over
Siggy, he had our shot on target! Really it was tame though. He and Henry should have created a goal when in the box, but from the NB I couldn't tell whether it was a poor ball or poor anticipation.
Bright, a box of tricks who will infuriate and excite. Didn't like his dive on the left wing Ojoesque and needs to make runs into the box rather than hang outside when the ball is out wide
Hunte, first time I've seen him, so won't be too harsh. Caught Henry's first man disease.

Coady hit a cracking pass into Sigurdarson in he second half from the right wing, he was open with only the goalie to beat but froze.

Coady hit a cracking pass into Sigurdarson in he second half from the right wing, he was open with only the goalie to beat but froze.

I really don't remember that, i remember Sigurdarson's shot from the edge of the box and i remember Coady's pass to Henry when he then decided to take too long and then eventually when he played it it was to far in front of Siggy.

Back