• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - Blackburn 0 - going for a new record verdict thread

In the future I'd like Kenny to just sing a song in the after match interview.

Suzanne by Leonard Cohen would be nice tonight.

In the future I'd like Kenny to just sing a song in the after match interview.

Suzanne by Leonard Cohen would be nice tonight.

Or "The Sound of Silence" though perhaps "Blind" by Korn would be more appropriate!

As long as "The Downward Spiral" by Nine Inch Nails doesn't make an appearences next season....

Another hard to review game. Nothing really happened so what can you say.

Bright offered some hope for the future, cannot understand how Coady is getting any kind of positive reviews. Terrible footballer.

Why did he just repeat himself for 4 minutes?

One fucking shot on target at home is fucking unacceptable. Bloody awful. Lucky to get nil. Roll on June

The best chance we had today was Mason after a Henry cross to Saville, it was blocked from six yards by a Blackburn defender with his hand imo. That shot hasn't counted for the shots on target stat but it definitely was.

My mum was in town today, she said to me shall I check the Wolves score for you, I said no, it will be 0-0 so don't waste your time, she got the remote and 60 seconds later shouted through that it was 0-0, bloody mums, never listen.

We normally ended up fairly near the end of Match of the Day when we were in the Premier league - the fact that we were almost an afterthought for Channel 5s highlights tonight tells you all you need to know about our season

We normally ended up fairly near the end of Match of the Day when we were in the Premier league - the fact that we were almost an afterthought for Channel 5s highlights tonight tells you all you need to know about our season

They seem to do that on purpose, even when we drew at Burnley it took them 40 minutes to show it, as they conveniently decided to start at the bottom of the table. And when we played on Friday they took forever to show it despite nearly always showing that game first.

Didn't think I'd see a worse game than Ipswich ever. Well this game proved me wrong. Ikeme made one excellent save and a couple of other decent ones. Their keeper read Lord of the Rings and checked his bets occasionally.
The problem seems to me to be our midfield. Individually none of the 3 were terrible but they all lack pace and are of the hard working, unimaginative type, who don't really get forward effectively. Saville might be able to adapt to a more attacking role but not as a left winger as today.
ALF and Mason anonymous as was Siggy when he came on. Nice to see Bright who at least like to make things happen. Thought Hunte did little of interest but he is very young.
Without a takeover I fear another dull, dull season next year and a further reduction in crowds.

We say without a takeover it will be dull. We don't have to be the best team to play attacking football. We can score lots of goals and still finish 12th.

Saying that, I look at all the dross we play at home. Ipswich and blues are in the the playoff hunt and they are just as boring/shit as us.

Basically the top 4/5 keep winning and the bottom 4/5 are the same (bar Bolton). Then us mid table folk are just drawing to each other. That's the reason we've managed to stay 12th.

We say without a takeover it will be dull. We don't have to be the best team to play attacking football. We can score lots of goals and still finish 12th.

Saying that, I look at all the dross we play at home. Ipswich and blues are in the the playoff hunt and they are just as boring/shit as us.

Basically the top 4/5 keep winning and the bottom 4/5 are the same (bar Bolton). Then us mid table folk are just drawing to each other. That's the reason we've managed to stay 12th.

I was having a discussion at the game and the point i was making was that another manager could get an extra few % out of these players and with a better tactical plan we could quite easily be in the play-offs despite us not being that good. I would also rather we attacked and scored goals rather than this negative boring nonsense that inevitably means drawing a lot of games, 12th wouldn't be so bad if we looked good in the odd game or to.

Agree on the likes of Ipswich and Blues, i've missed 2 home games so far but of all those i have seen i've not been impressed by any of them. The standard of the league isn't very good and the £30 million Boro and Derby have spent is not needed to make an impact, good quality recruitment and a tactically versatile manager is.

I was having a discussion at the game and the point i was making was that another manager could get an extra few % out of these players and with a better tactical plan we could quite easily be in the play-offs despite us not being that good. I would also rather we attacked and scored goals rather than this negative boring nonsense that inevitably means drawing a lot of games, 12th wouldn't be so bad if we looked good in the odd game or to.

Agree on the likes of Ipswich and Blues, i've missed 2 home games so far but of all those i have seen i've not been impressed by any of them. The standard of the league isn't very good and the £30 million Boro and Derby have spent is not needed to make an impact, good quality recruitment and a tactically versatile manager is.

Exactly it's fine margins. Warnock has Rotherham in promotion form. These players can all play football at this level. A good tactical plan, Good coaching, bit of motivation and a few key players and you can be right up there (basically wolves when we got promoted)

Coady is the new Edwards it seems. Scapegoat.

Coady did ok, no better or worse than Price.

Batth and Hause were both terrible, absolutely woeful. How anyone can call Coady the worst on the pitch is beyond me.
Saville was very poor too, out of position mind.

Did Anybody else find it surprising how ALF and Mason played like strangers given they've trained and played together here and at Cardiff? Wasn't expecting Sutton and Shearer but they really were clueless.

The best chance we had today was Mason after a Henry cross to Saville, it was blocked from six yards by a Blackburn defender with his hand imo. That shot hasn't counted for the shots on target stat but it definitely was.
It was given as offside

Back