• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - Burnley 0 - the better than Bristol verdict thread

We should be one of the top clubs in the division but we have been mismanaged to the point we are mid table fodder. It was better but I'm not going to be jumping for joy at a point at home against any team in this league.

I do not think any of us are jumping for joy, but at least it was a much improved performance against one of the better teams in the division. Hopefully Price will keep his place now.

Much better second half. Ref fucked us.

Batth - Williamson and Price - McDonald are good partnerships. Build the team around that. Golbourne, Afobe & Price were our best players IMO.

Ojo can fuck right off btw. Awful player and a diving prick to boot.

What was wrong with the referee?

hand ball in their area, play on.... Byrne brought down in their area, play on... Byrne chasing a back pass appeared to be elbowed in the head, play on... a catalogue of shit decisions against us, just really poor the nearer full time we got! Rightly booked Ojo however

Ref was absolutely fine until the last ten mins. I'd like to see the Byrne barge and penalty box incidents again, Ojo definitely dived

Ok thanks Gents. On the Matchday thread Trev said at half time that the referee was rather poor, and that plus Darlo's comments just made me wonder if there was a problem with the referee.

hand ball in their area, play on.... Byrne brought down in their area, play on... Byrne chasing a back pass appeared to be elbowed in the head, play on... a catalogue of shit decisions against us, just really poor the nearer full time we got! Rightly booked Ojo however

Have another look Mike before you condemn the man. I was at that end and I thought they looked soft.
Never ever a hand ball either.

As for Ojo Sam, has obvious talent, but needs to fuck off for diving

Solid is the word to describe our performance.

Ojo isn't worth keeping with us unless he realises he needs to play for the team and not himself. Right now I'd consider sending him back to Liverpool tbh.

Lycan is right that Batth/Williamson and kmac/Price are the spine to build the team around.

Yes, send Ojo back. He needs to grow up. Williamson is our saviour - great loan signing. We can take some comfort from today's performance. Far from 100%, but the defence is much improved. Pity about the (pointless) international break. Far from safe, but our confidence should improve after this.

Certainly not a sacking performance and he clearly hasn't lost the players. A few musings:
Edwards was told to play deeper than usual and yet still try and support the attack, he ran his socks off but Afobe was isolated too often. He won a few flicks but nobody anywhere near him, we didn't ever really look like we would score.
Best Golbourne perfomance I've seen in a long time, had a few moments defensively, but much more like it going forwards
Batth and Williamson look a solid partnership, I'd give the latter MOTM.
Ojo shouldn't ever start a game again, there is enough evidence to suggest he has zero impact when starting...and as for the diving!
Henry and Iorfa linked up brilliantly down the right, but the final ball from both was consistently average at best
Benik undoubtedly interested, but too isolated, should have scored from our best chance, especially as Edwards was offside when playing the knockback
Price the usual metronome in midfield although a couple of unusually loose balls in the first half.
I didn't think the ref was that bad, could have booked Price in the first half and McDonald before he did, Byrne ran into the defender and the ball was going through to the keeper anyway. Although I was in line with both penalty shouts there were too any players in the way of my view to call them
If I was Graham I'd be livid, we are doing to him exactly what we did to McAlindon
Personally I'd not play Ojo or Martinez again, it's going to be a mid table season so I see no point in giving experience to players who won't be here next year.

Certainly not a sacking performance and he clearly hasn't lost the players. A few musings:
Edwards was told to play deeper than usual and yet still try and support the attack, he ran his socks off but Afobe was isolated too often. He won a few flicks but nobody anywhere near him, we didn't ever really look like we would score.
Best Golbourne perfomance I've seen in a long time, had a few moments defensively, but much more like it going forwards
Batth and Williamson look a solid partnership, I'd give the latter MOTM.
Ojo shouldn't ever start a game again, there is enough evidence to suggest he has zero impact when starting...and as for the diving!
Henry and Iorfa linked up brilliantly down the right, but the final ball from both was consistently average at best
Benik undoubtedly interested, but too isolated, should have scored from our best chance, especially as Edwards was offside when playing the knockback
Price the usual metronome in midfield although a couple of unusually loose balls in the first half.
I didn't think the ref was that bad, could have booked Price in the first half and McDonald before he did, Byrne ran I to the defender and the ball was going through to the keeper anyway. Although I was in line with both penalty shouts there were too any players in the way of my view to call them
Of I was Graham I'd be livid, we are doing to him exactly what we did to McAlindon
Personally I'd not play Ojo or Martinez again, it's going to be a mid table season so I see no point in giving experience to players who won't be here next year.

+ 1

Ojo did his best VLP impression today....never going on the outside but constantly cutting inside into traffic and (suprise) losing it.
Golbourne links up with Byrne so much better as shown in the 2nd half.
Agree about Afobe, he was so isolated that you feel his frustration, he knocks balls down but there is no one near him.
Ticket problems were apparently because of teenagers buying under 12 tickets so some steward tells me.
That said, the one steward was very confrontational with one chap who looked about 15/16 and had an under 17 ticket, the young lad had nothing to prove his age
even though he sounded like his balls hadnt dropped, the steward let him in after intimidating him.
Prolly have to take their birth certificates to the next match.

Onto Graham, he was in his kit before the match and warming up with the rest of the team...it isnt like hes frozen out.

Graham was meant to be rejoining Oxford but a late injury to VLP meant the deal was postponed. As he hadn't been involved in the final sessions he was outside of the 18.

A solid performance but no cutting edge. Ojo not a starter for me, good impact player and unlucky to get booked as he'd clearly beat his man when he did get a yellow, but he had flung himself on the floor a few times before this. I'd rather Bryne start and Wallace get few min's here and there than Ojo to help our own player develop, plus Bryne and Golbourne seem to work much more effectively together. Graham coming back is a waste of his time when he could be developing in a move which he was actually getting competitive games. Nice to see Carl in goal but he or Martinez are equally adept at this level. Seriously where do they find these ref's we get a right tool every week, he was poor including missing off the ball elbow on Bryne by Duff.

Just seen the highlights on the footy league show, looks like the Byrne potential pen was never going to be given!

A very average performance until the last 15 or so minutes when it seemed to dawn on the players that they could actually win - but then we failed to test their keeper over 90 minutes so probably got what we deserved in the goals for tally...nothing.

Defensively sound - just one goal conceded this week after the signing of Williamson so perhaps the foundations are being laid but at the start of the season most people thought we would have enough going forward to score a few goals...other than a few bits here and there offensively this season we have been pretty mediocre.

Some energy in the performance should be a given, not an improvement. I didn't see anything today to change my mind about Jackett.

Ojo should go back to Liverpool I don't give a damn how young he used to be he is sh!t simple add to that he don't pass loses the ball and is a cheat! Decent performance even good for the last ten minutes but toothless. Williamson makes us a whole lot better but we are bang average no cutting edge.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

No coincidence that we have kept 2 clean sheets in the three games that Williamson has played. Experienced leader brings solidity at the back shocker!

Not clinical enough and +1 for Ojo. He goes down easier than a 10 buck hooker

Glad Afobe was more interested today. Any news on Martinez yet?

Back