• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - Burnley 0 - the better than Bristol verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Satisfactory, though no final ball.

Low on confidence which affects the final pass, but at least a sensible format & players

A point and a clean sheet. Only 2 shots on target.

Burnley are challenging for automatics and given how our form has been I'll take that!

7 from relegation places, 9 from playoffs and by the look of things (on a random note) Rotherham are fucked!

At least we didn't lose I guess.

He won't be sacked. Honestly, I was expecting us to get thumped today.

when you guys get your breath back, can someone tell me how Price played, never heard him mentioned but that's not unusual while he goes about his business effectively.

I thought we would win, honestly, but I'm happy with a draw and a clean sheet. However, our impotence up-front worries me. I'd be happy to see the diver, Ojo shipped back to Anfield. He's a waster. I hope Emi is OK, too. Ipswich are due a nasty shock and we might just deliver that. It does concern me that we always seem to dip in form after an international break, though.

I thought we would win, honestly, but I'm happy with a draw and a clean sheet. However, our impotence up-front worries me. I'd be happy to see the diver, Ojo shipped back to Anfield. He's a waster. I hope Emi is OK, too. Ipswich are due a nasty shock and we might just deliver that. It does concern me that we always seem to dip in form after an international break, though.

Our record against Mick McCarthy in his post-Wolves days isn't really good - two defeats and a draw I believe!

Better, 0-0's at home aren't any good to us though when we are 14th.

Oh well, when The Potters thrash Chelski, later, we can offer Jose the challenge of his life!! Seriously, though, today's performance sounds a great deal better that the crap we served up against Brizzle. There's hope.

Didn't sound as if Burnley offered much of a threat in the second half (I'm assuming that Gray was still out there as he wasn't mentioned once) - final ball for us not there & Afobe not as clinical as he was in the second half of last season.

This is probably an issue of confidence and timing - get a run of more than 2 good matches and that will start to return. If Burnley are challenging at the top of the table then we have a side who are capable of competing if used in the right way.

when you guys get your breath back, can someone tell me how Price played, never heard him mentioned but that's not unusual while he goes about his business effectively.

Jack Price is the glue that holds the midfield together...The player that keeps things ticking over. Gave the ball away a couple of times in the first half but kept going for the full 90 minutes...He has to start.
oh an shit refs, we always get shit refs!

Better, 0-0's at home aren't any good to us though when we are 14th.

When they are against the top clubs in the Division they are. Performance and confidence go hand in hand and results like today are something to build on.

Thanks Darlo, I expected as much even though he never got a mention on the match reports i was following.

Now we see what makes KJ tick if he keeps his place for the next match.

Jack Price is the clue that holds the midfield together...The player that keeps things ticking over. Gave the ball away a couple of times in the first half but kept going for the full 90 minutes...He has to start.
oh an shit refs, we always get shit refs!

What was wrong with the referee?

When they are against the top clubs in the Division they are. Performance and confidence go hand in hand and results like today are something to build on.

We should be one of the top clubs in the division but we have been mismanaged to the point we are mid table fodder. It was better but I'm not going to be jumping for joy at a point at home against any team in this league.

Much much better, organised and passionate.

Far more likely to score than them, although I thought we made it easy at times against a well organised defence

We should be one of the top clubs in the division but we have been mismanaged to the point we are mid table fodder. It was better but I'm not going to be jumping for joy at a point at home against any team in this league.

I do not think any of us are jumping for joy, but at least it was a much improved performance against one of the better teams in the division. Hopefully Price will keep his place now.

Back