• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Fulham: Verdict Thread

Do I think we’ll get 7th again probably not I said last week that this might be a transition of a season so coming lower in the league could easily happen.

You do all remember last season don't you ?

We aren't getting near 7th place this season. That wasn't very good at all.

People said the same at the start of last season (when we had some shocking performances). We’ve got more points already then in those first six games so a better chance for Nuno to improve the way we are playing - which I agree is much needed

Still too early to say this. Remember we were in the relegation zone last October.

I'll take the 3 points. I don't think it was a particularly good performance and I question if we would have got the result against any other team in the league.

I don't know whether its the lockdown and playing in front of no fans or its that we're playing a bit shit, but I just can't get into the games at the moment.

Like the old adage about having relations with a family member, it looks the same but just doesn't feel right.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Just a quick reminder

Premier League
Aug 11, 2019 2pm
Leicester0-0Wolves

Aug 19, 2019 8pm
Wolves1-1Man Utd

Aug 25, 2019 4.30pm
Wolves1-1Burnley

Sep 1, 2019 2pm
Everton3-2Wolves

Sep 14, 2019 3pm
Wolves2-5Chelsea

Sep 22, 2019 2pm
Crystal Palace1-1Wolves

Sep 28, 2019 3pm
Wolves2-0Watford

Oct 6, 2019 2pm
Man City0-2Wolves

Oct 19, 2019 3pm
Wolves1-1Southampton

Oct 27, 2019 2pm
Newcastle1-1Wolves

phew, any win today i’d have taken whilst hoping a more convincing result and at 1-0 in later stages a bit more possession control. it seems a struggle at the moment but we’ll get a lot better.

Trying not to be negative but I thought that was pretty poor. xG was 1.06 - 1.05 and that about sums it up for me. Thought Kilman did OK but barring injuries he won't start against Leeds. Semedo and Neto the bright spots, but the real worry is Moutinho. Poor free kick, gets it back, gives the ball away, fails to stop the guy getting away from him and they really should score. God willing deadline day will deliver another CM because right now we desperately need one.

What's the old saying? Sign of a good side is winning when you don't play well.

Yes we can improve our performances, and without doubt we will. But hey, it's much more fun to throw out shite comments and wait for bites. Verdict threads will be as bad as match day threads soon

Trying not to be negative but I thought that was pretty poor. xG was 1.06 - 1.05 and that about sums it up for me.

It's where xG still needs refining from me.

Their keeper has made a point blank save from about four yards, we missed a one on one from a central position and we scored (after a blocked shot, which was a decent chance in itself but might not even count). Let alone any other attempts like Neves putting it narrowly wide, for example.

They had one chance. One. Albeit they should have scored it, but then Kamara is appalling so if you put him on the pitch, you get what you deserve.

Cav showed today exactly why we got rid of him btw. Not a PL player.

We've been a lot better than that so we know we can improve. I still believe not having a proper break and pre-season is hurting us compared to teams who did.

But, we won, we were quite good in spells despite Raul playing like he was hung over. Kilman was incredibly encouraging, he just dropped straight in, as was Semedo - happy to get the ball in tight spaces and play through the press. Neto was good too, he's so determined and finished his chance very well.

On another day we go 2-0 up and it's game over.

We've been a lot better than that so we know we can improve. I still believe not having a proper break and pre-season is hurting us compared to teams who did.

But, we won, we were quite good in spells despite Raul playing like he was hung over. Kilman was incredibly encouraging, he just dropped straight in, as was Semedo - happy to get the ball in tight spaces and play through the press. Neto was good too, he's so determined and finished his chance very well.

On another day we go 2-0 up and it's game over.

It wasn't fantastic by any measure. But we did deserve to win and we did win. That's all that matters in the end.

Semedo was very good throughout, Boly and Coady got over their shockers from last week, Neto was decent again (with a cracking finish), Raul improved a lot after a rubbish first half - although clearly he should have scored.

You don't just walk over teams at this level unless they give up. They didn't today, they showed a lot more backbone than they have done. But ultimately they've had one serious chance (all from our shit free kick near the edge of their box at that), we've had way more than that and there were some spells where we looked like we were starting to get it together.

We can play better than that, we will play better than that. For now just have the points. It's a better start now than either of the last two seasons too.

Good job Robinson decided to pass it straight into Rui’s arms in first 10 as well!

3 points. Clean sheet. Hardly convincing though. Semedo was today on the ball. Podence really anonymous today. Great finish by Neto.

We will look a totally different team when a natural left wing back plays , although felt saiss did a job.

Although it wasn’t coNvincing, we could’ve easily scored 3.

Main worry would be we still seem to lack a bit of creativity in breaking teams who
Sit deep down. To move to the ‘next level’ that is a must

They had one chance. One.

Kamara kicking it straight at Rui when clean through and Kebano drilling one narrowly over is at least two chances that we should have been punished for. They got in behind our right side in the first 5 minutes too. That’s without giving it any thought.

Simply put, they had more than one chance - let’s not pretend otherwise.

Come on admit it, you all miss that last 10 minutes of shitting yourself that were going to concede :)

It's where xG still needs refining from me.

Their keeper has made a point blank save from about four yards, we missed a one on one from a central position and we scored (after a blocked shot, which was a decent chance in itself but might not even count). Let alone any other attempts like Neves putting it narrowly wide, for example.

They had one chance. One. Albeit they should have scored it, but then Kamara is appalling so if you put him on the pitch, you get what you deserve.

Cav showed today exactly why we got rid of him btw. Not a PL player.

It's reported on Twitter that every single member of Wolves staff and virtually every player went over to Cav today, which is a nice touch & exactly as it should be. But you are quite right. I didn't really notice him at all in the game. Let's see what Barry Douglas does in a fortnight's time

Ah, it's hardly a great chance for Robinson there. Worked his way into the box well enough but he was never likely to score from that position.

Kamara kicking it straight at Rui when clean through and Kebano drilling one narrowly over is at least two chances that we should have been punished for. They got in behind our right side in the first 5 minutes too. That’s without giving it any thought.

Simply put, they had more than one chance - let’s not pretend otherwise.

Narrowly over, it was nowhere near.

They had one proper chance (a very good one), you know this as well.

Narrowly over, it was nowhere near.

They had one proper chance (a very good one), you know this as well.

They had one proper chance if you chose to ignore the other ones, yes.

Back