• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 West Ham: Verdict Thread

I am sorry but my response was not a ‘taking the piss’ reply but a serious question. Your post was based on seeing the game in person. That was all I wanted to know. I only had second hand experience of the game today hence my interest.

So you didn't go to the game but wanted to tell people who did that Doherty was good today?

Make it make sense.

Fair to say that the Match of the Day boys weren't impressed by the decision!

So only people who went to the game today are allowed to have an opinion on Doherty?
Of course not but for someone to be so vehemently in his defence - for pages and pages - who didn't even watch the bloody game is a bit weird, no?!

It's like me reviewing Beyoncé's new album as 10/10. But I haven't listened to it, however Love On Top was a fantastic tune nearly 15 years ago so I'll automatically disagree with anyone who says it's a pile of shite, she's a great artist.

So you didn't go to the game but wanted to tell people who did that Doherty was good today?

Make it make sense.
The Bear said that Matt had a good game - not me. I just said he had played quite well recently. That does make sense. Unless you think he has been rubbish recently. I guess you have not had a go at The Bear over his post?

Of course not but for someone to be so vehemently in his defence - for pages and pages - who didn't even watch the bloody game is a bit weird, no?!

It's like me reviewing Beyoncé's new album as 10/10. But I haven't listened to it, however Love On Top was a fantastic tune nearly 15 years ago so I'll automatically disagree with anyone who says it's a pile of shite, she's a great artist.
My comments have been on his career at Wolves. Most posters recently have been pretty nasty about Matt. I do not think it is warranted.

The Bear said that Matt had a good game - not me. I just said he had played quite well recently. That does make sense. Unless you think he has been rubbish recently. I guess you have not had a go at The Bear over his post?
I must have missed his good performances...

I'm not picking on you, it's just an odd thing to do. You didn't see it!

He did not have a good game and I'm happy to tell The Bear that no, he did not.

I must have missed his good performances...

I'm not picking on you, it's just an odd thing to do. You didn't see it!

He did not have a good game and I'm happy to tell The Bear that no, he did not.
If you think he has been poor - fair enough. The Bear, today at least, thought he played well.

A first half full of promise but we don't have the personnel to capitalise on such a performance right now. West Ham adjusted and were the better team 2nd half. A bit of luck with the 2nd goal and we were ridiculously unlucky with that offside decision.

The season continues to peter out with a damp squib. At least Cunha continues his recovery unscathed and Doc had a rare good game.

Rayan Ait-Nouri MOTM.
Apparently you were wrong about Doc having a good game. Good job it was not me who said that!

Europe was unlikely anyway but i think that result was the final nail in the coffin which is a shame considering the first half performance. Amazing and yet disappointing how close we are to it with the squad we have. We just have too many players who do something stupid and get punished for it.

Sa has to do better for the winner but he’s concentrating far too much on Antonio.

The back 3 just don’t give you any confidence as there’s you know they’re gonna switch off at some point.

Semedo the same really. I know some think he’s brilliant and he did have a real purple patch in the middle of the season but a wing back with his attacking output has to be near faultless defensively and i don’t think he is.

Doc was ok first half but was dreadful by the time he went off. His performance dropped just before his pass for the equaliser and he got worse from there. As for H Bueno, he was awful first half against Burnley and was rightly subbed off and Doc moved to lwb which did work.

Gomes very good, Doyle decent but Lemina struggling to have the influence he was on games.

Sarabia awful for periods in open play but then shows real quality and RAN is just an outstanding footballer. Could play anywhere and has grown so much as a footballer in the last 2 months.

Cunha was rusty and trying too hard but it’s good to have him back.

Lastly the officials. Every game there’s multiple decisions that just baffle me but it’s such a difficult thing to do if you’ve ever been a referee and although annoyed i can get over mistakes but not when VAR is used. How can they continue to get so much wrong with so much help and continually get away with it with a shitty explanation is beyond me. It won’t stop me going but it is much harder to stomach than us just losing because we’ve been shit or the other team were better than us. I have spoke to a couple of lads after today’s game who have said they’re done after this game/season. Something needs to be done asap.

Anyone expecting a PL apology is going to be disappointed as they will hide behind the fact Chiwera was obstructing Fabianski, absolutely regardless of whether he had zero chance of getting the ball.
Pre VAR that goal goes in absolutely no one moans about it.
Tge only argument I can see is that if Chiwera isn’t there Fabianski can challenge for the ball but it’ll still just end up in an empty net.

The linesman may have given him as offside though.

Absolutely no chance too many moving pieces for that to happen, the way the law is written they will say they’ve followed it correctly. Just a damn shame they failed to follow protocol when we played at Man Utd, Sheff Utd and home to Newcastle.

If you think he has been poor - fair enough. The Bear, today at least, thought he played well.
Correct. It's a game of opinions.

Deutsch is notoriously hard to please with Doc these days, which is fine as he has noticeable limitations. Sometimes I think it's a bit harsh, but I don't want him playing either if we can help it. And certainly not at LWB.

His upper ceiling is only ever going to be ok-good with us now. He's never going to be the player he was under Nuno.

Back