• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 West Ham: Verdict Thread

The counter argument is that goalkeepers don't want to have players allowed to stand right in front of them when trying to see the ball being headed and to set themselves for a save. They often take a small step forwards before diving and that would get in the way of that.

I can see both sides of it. Yes on this occasion Fabianski could just about see the ball but having a player a foot in front of him no doubt could affect his decision making.

The counter counter argument is that, is Chirewa really interfering with his ability to save it? On the corner Ward-Prose scored from Antonio was all up in Sa's grill trying to block and disrupt him. Antonio wasn't offside but interference on the GK is fine in that instance and not the other, just because of where the ball is coming from?
West Ham have been bullying goalkeepers all season. They often get away with it.

Correct. It's a game of opinions.

Deutsch is notoriously hard to please with Doc these days, which is fine as he has noticeable limitations. Sometimes I think it's a bit harsh, but I don't want him playing either if we can help it. And certainly not at LWB.

His upper ceiling is only ever going to be ok-good with us now. He's never going to be the player he was under Nuno.
Seems he is notoriously hard to please with regards to most players. Sa is a certain type of idiot for starters. https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/threads/you-lot-can-all-go-and-this-is-why.38156/

Frustratingly I can still see why it was disallowed, although diagrams have shown Fabianski could see the ball when it was headed, there was still a Wolves player in an offside position directly in front of the keeper.

It gives the ref a difficult decision, where he is stuck between a rock and a hard place, as usual the rock falls on us. But I accept he was never going to save it anyway but that might be deemed as irrelevant. No one knows exactly how Fabianski was affected by the presence of the offside player, including the referee. I'm more pissed off that VAR intervened because I thought they didn't unless its clear and obvious?

Oh come on, the guy completely ruined a thread with personal dross, then sent me a smug comment. I suppose i could have just typed "fuck off" but i had the devil in me. 😘

There's an old saying about not having anything nice to say.

Back