• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 West Ham: Verdict Thread

Not in a vacuum, no. Context matters, however.

If I find something funny I'm allowed to laugh at it, my reactions are nothing but honest. Restricting some from such a basic instinct would be as needless and fruitless as trying to deter everyone's favourite former barista from ogling a shirtless Nelson Semedo!

What’s going on, on this thread came on to talk about an absurd view of the offside and have walked into the Molmix

There is a difference between laughing at something meant humorously and laughing at something meant seriously. You’re an adult, you know that.

Surely the audience has freedom to interpret the performance however they wish? Once someone has shared their piece then they lose control of how anyone receives it.

Comics get slaughtered at times for controversial jokes, if their audiences are allowed to take offense at things intended to by humourous then why is the opposite not admissable?

Surely the audience has freedom to interpret the performance however they wish? Once someone has shared their piece then they lose control of how anyone receives it.

Comics get slaughtered at times for controversial jokes, if their audiences are allowed to take offense at things intended to by humourous then why is the opposite not admissable?
Do you laugh in the face of people at work who have a different view to you?

You don’t then get to play victim when people are annoyed at your pattern of behavior. The line doesn’t end at your 🤣.

Do you laugh in the face of people at work who have a different view to you?
I don't laugh at anyone's view, anywhere, merely for being different to my own. However, I have absolutely no issue with laughing at something ridiculous it that's said in front of me.

You don’t then get to play victim when people are annoyed at your pattern of behavior. The line doesn’t end at your 🤣.

Where have I played the victim? There have been plenty of times people have seemingly responded in a seemingly like for like spate of emojis on my posts, not sure I've ever felt the need to comment on it, it's water off a ducks back.

I don't laugh at anyone's view, anywhere, merely for being different to my own. However, I have absolutely no issue with laughing at something ridiculous it that's said in front of me.
Do you genuinely laugh in people's faces if you find something ridiculous?

giphy.gif

It's happened, yes. You've never laughed at someone when they didn't intend to be funny?
Of course, but it's people I have to know very well. If a stranger / someone I don't know very well said something ridiculous I'm highly unlikely to laugh in their face. And it depends on context too, if it was their honest opinion then laughing at them is incredibly disrespectful.

Of course, but it's people I have to know very well. If a stranger / someone I don't know very well said something ridiculous I'm highly unlikely to laugh in their face. And it depends on context too, if it was their honest opinion then laughing at them is incredibly disrespectful.

If most of the comments I find laughable on here are earnest and heartfelt rather than intentionally hammed up for effect then I may need to review my critique. As things stand there's no way I can consider vast majority of posts that fall into that category to be anything close to representative of their authors' true feelings.

Jee, i don't want to be guilty of derailing this thread, so lets talk footy.
I can't, i didn't see the game, sorry about that.😪

Back