• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Brentford: Verdict Thread

Might have been handy if we hadn't been pish in defence against them though

We were shite that day and Leeds weren't quite this wretched at that point.

Doesn’t help Meslier has conceded his last 10 shots on target. Not an ideal stat for a keeper that!

On the penalty as soon as the players approached the ref he pointed at his earpiece to indicate "it's Ok guys VAR will make the decision for me cuz I'm a wanker"

This is where the bias is because I believe if that was one of the old pals he'd have given the pen and pointed at his earpiece at the defenders and said "it's Ok guys VAR will check it".

The spineless idiots should ref the game in the normal pre VAR way and let them intervene as and when.

I never wanted VAR at all but now it's here it can't go back as it's worldwide

The leaning towards the big clubs is still the same but with ridiculous delays. Last night Liverpools goal should have been chalked off for handball in the build up they looked at it for 3 secs if that's one of the also rans like us it would have been disallowed after 2 minutes of fucking about it stinks. But the TV viewers around the world love the drama apparently.

On the Costa thing if he is good for the rest of the season Lop will probably want to keep him. I like him but obvs he's to old to build the next incarnation of the team.

Sasa is injury prone I wouldn't be banking on him contributing much hope I'm wrong.

There was a game in Germany at the weekend where the ref faced a penalty call and booked the lad for diving, before then having another look and overturning it giving the penalty, which they scored. And then the exact same sequence happened again, with the same player! It was the perfect example though of a human error being corrected. It was also handled with much amusement by both ref and player, which was quite warming to see. Can't be arsed to look the clip up obviously, and not strictly relevant but hey ho
This sounds like a few weeks back, Amine Adli and Bayer Leverkusen against Bayern Munich where they won thanks to those two penalties. Would never see that use of VAR here (maybe if it was at Anfield...)

Back