• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Brentford: Verdict Thread

I wouldn't say Cunha creates a lot himself. However his movement off the ball and interplay have allowed us to create a lot more overloads than we have for a good while. Think he's a very good footballer and agree that we'll see more from him when we get players that compliment him better.
That’s the key for me. I hoping there is a special player in Cunha but it is all about unlocking it for me.

I keep reading people saying Costa "can only play for 20-30 minutes". He played for 75 minutes at the weekend, looked sharper & fitter than he has done since arriving, was involved in pretty much everything positive we did & at least 4 lovely one touch passages of play.

People are just seeing what they want to see or have already made their mind up.

Obviously if we can go out and sign two ready-made top flight goalscorers (ignoring our recent hit-rate with forwards, lolz), Sasa comes back and hits the ground running & Fabio does a U-Turn and decides he wants to come back and fight for a place here then the situation changes. But given the information to hand right now, I'm offering him another year.
Sasa has played less than a half. Fabio is doing really well and his views are fucking irrelevant on the contract he is on.

To be honest I really love having Diego here. But he will need to do some serious work over close season to keep going with the fitness. Age is incurable

I think Sasa, Silva and another signing will be plenty for what is mainly a lone role with Cunha playing off them a bit deeper.

Costa was excellent on Saturday, but let's be real - that's the only time he's come close to a MOTM performance in his time here, and that one performance isn't enough to basically build our 23/24 season around.

Basically we need to get rid of Raul, Costa, and Adama and use that annual wage bill saving of £10m as a contribution to a proper forward who can play with Cunha in a two, and is flexible enough to play on his own as in a three for when the tactics demand it

Haller is the type. Miles out of our budget now with how he has played since leaving West Ham but that’s the sort of thing we should be looking at.

I guess the first/lazy thing to do is look at forwards Lop has worked with before.

After that, in January we were heavily linked with Antonio. Doubt we will return to that one, so look at forwards of a similar style (one for the FIFA/FM players on here)

Stylistically Gyokeres fits the bill. TBD if he can step up to the PL though

Stylistically Gyokeres fits the bill. TBD if he can step up to the PL though

Yeah he's a good fit, another championship forward I like is Joao Pedro. Maybe a bit similar to Cunha but he's an excellent finisher.

Another who I think could easily make the step up is Tyrese Campbell at Stoke. Unfortunately seems to get a lot of niggly injuries so probably won't happen.

I keep reading people saying Costa "can only play for 20-30 minutes". He played for 75 minutes at the weekend, looked sharper & fitter than he has done since arriving, was involved in pretty much everything positive we did & at least 4 lovely one touch passages of play.

People are just seeing what they want to see or have already made their mind up.

Obviously if we can go out and sign two ready-made top flight goalscorers (ignoring our recent hit-rate with forwards, lolz), Sasa comes back and hits the ground running & Fabio does a U-Turn and decides he wants to come back and fight for a place here then the situation changes. But given the information to hand right now, I'm offering him another year.
one anecdote does not make data. as has been said, costa has only looked "par" on this single appearance. equally, he hasn't been woeful, but it has taken 7 months to get to this stage.

he's an expensive version of ruddy if he is good to have around the place.

he was good for what we needed at the time - possibly the best option out there tbh. But he isn't going to be what we need next season.

Costa was excellent on Saturday, but let's be real - that's the only time he's come close to a MOTM performance in his time here, and that one performance isn't enough to basically build our 23/24 season around.

Basically we need to get rid of Raul, Costa, and Adama and use that annual wage bill saving of £10m as a contribution to a proper forward who can play with Cunha in a two, and is flexible enough to play on his own as in a three for when the tactics demand it
Correct. I’m more in the camp of say he is exactly the same for the next 7 games, then the option of him staying isn’t a bad one. If he reverts to his previous for the remainder, than absolutely not.

It’s just one game, but it’s the most complete forward performance that has been seen in a long time for us.

Helped by the formation change, and the fact he’s been here now for a period of time he actually seems pretty fit now, massive difference to when he arrived.

Again though, it’s one game, and if he reverts to previous incarnation than absolutely not.

He played well last two games. If people are purring at how good lemina and Gomes have been last 2 games, same must be said for Diego.

If Costa plays at that level for the remaining 7 games then I don’t see how a new deal can’t at least be discussed.

The finances are chicken feed when you factor in we’re already spending way more than that on several players who are contributing fuck all on or off the pitch.

Whether he would want to stay for the Dan Bentley role I don’t know. But after years of saying “no one would want to come and sit on the bench (stands)”, we could have someone cheap who might actually do that.

Dermot Gallagher saying that it was a definite penalty on Toti.
I wasn’t convinced, but the more I’ve seen it I can’t see how it’s not?

It’s that bloody blurred line of ‘clear and obvious’ Ey

Back