• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Brentford: Verdict Thread

Hibbitt came back with Bristol Rovers I think. Before my attending time but I have been told he got a great reception.
It was BR, maybe as Assistant Manager/Coach I think. He didn’t play to my recollection.
Incredible reception as he came out and walked along the touch line to the dugout, but we overdid it slightly by repeatedly singing his name during the game.

It was BR, maybe as Assistant Manager/Coach I think. He didn’t play to my recollection.
Incredible reception as he came out and walked along the touch line to the dugout, but we overdid it slightly by repeatedly singing his name during the game.
Yep. We lost to them 1-0 on Easter Monday, Nigel Martyn had a blinder for them. First game I ever saw us lose in person (was the only home league game we lost all season, and that was my first season).

Newcastle have just been spanked 3-0 and as good as they’ve been, that bench yesterday is in the main horrific. They probably need 6 x £50m+ players (all hits) to have a squad that can properly compete, particularly with extra games.

Mentioned it on the match thread yesterday, but for me - and some will scoff at this - I’d be offering him another year (especially with Raul pretty much out the door already).

I can’t get on board with the “his legs have gone” comments. In fact, I find those comments hugely disrespectful. He’s never been blessed with blistering pace, and he was always going to take a while to properly get up to speed. But what he does offer is that winners mentality. That know how that you only have from playing at the very top for as long as he has. I think he holds the ball up really well, works hard - and others can run off him, something we’ve not had for a while. He also seems like an absolutely top bloke, and someone that the other players clearly respect. He’s a winner and you can’t teach that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating him starting every game, but if he’s willing to play a similar role to Moutinho and to have another year here, I’m 100% all for it. Brilliant to finally see him get a goal yesterday.

New signing, Sasa, Diego. See where Fabio’s heads at come the end of the season. There’s some good options there.

He's so far over the hill, he's halfway back down the other side. I like his effort, I like he's not played Billy Big Bollocks. Another contract would be silly

If Costa wants to get paid to sit in the stands I guess that’s his business, but if he’s making our 18s next season then we done fucked up the recruitment this summer something fierce.

I won’t be trying to persuade anyone to change their minds. But my opinion is he can definitely offer something for another year.

I also think we’ll only sign one centre forward in the summer with limited funds (due to how much we’ve spent this year), but that’s pure guesswork on my part.

Also, the only reason we’re paying him at all is because, for myriad reasons, the bar at CF has sunk to “is he better than the 17 year old Academy kid?”

Costa has improved lately in large part due to getting game time. The moment he doesn’t his fitness will plummet and we’d be back to early Costa.

Offer him a role as an assistant alongside Moutinho?

Ain’t my money.

Do we know what he’s on right now?

Back