• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Brentford: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Another superb victory, this time against a good side who score a lot of goals. That makes it 5 wins from our last 7 home games I think. 7 points clear of relegation puts us almost out of danger but we'll still need another couple to be 100% sure.

4-4-1-1 IS THE WAY. Long may it continue. Nunes especially has been transformed in his free role on the right, and Costa has worked very well in his lone holding role up front. He links play really well and works as hard as he can.

MOTM for me was Nunes though, just ahead of Costa and Dawson. All superb today. Lemina, Gomes and Cunha very good too. Viva La Brasilia!! 🇧🇷

Lovely to have an afternoon without Brentford's time wasting antics too.

Last edited:
Hwang scored in the 69th minute.
giphy.gif

Lovely win and Nunes is a different animal in that free role, exuding confidence at the moment.

Whisper it quietly but we may - just MAY - have a team. It’ll be good to be going into that Leicester game with all of the confidence.

Amazing result. Very good performances from Toti, Nunes, Costa & Lemina/Gomes in the middle.

Bournemouth beating Spurs (bloody Spurs) is frustrating, but Everton losing is lovely.

We’ll need another win, IMO, but we’re getting there. Well done to all involved!

Excellent game, would use players/formation again, 9/10

9 shots on target! Got to be the most we've had for a long while.

We’re only five points behind Chelsea 👀

Top performance. The kind of routine win against good opposition that you'd never get under Lage but hopefully becomes the norm now under Julen.

Good, solid performance and well deserved 3 points. Nunes run for the 2nd was brilliant and a sign of what he can produce on his day. 2 minutes later making a challenge to win a goal kick at the other end. A MOTM performance from him today. Costa, Toti, Semedo, and Dawson also fantastic.

That’s the kind of comfortable, routine performance we haven’t seen since the Nuno heydays. Toney’s shot aside and a few Sa brain farts we weren’t in any danger.

Well you can almost touch safety now couple of draws or one win will probably guarantee it.

@t3ch
I watched Isagi's first goal and I don't think I can go back to IRL football anymore.

Nunes was quality but gonna go with the standard João Gomes motm, noticeable drop off when he went off.

I think that's probably the best performance we've seen for a couple of years tbh, we were excellent.

A few let offs on counters and setpieces but you'll always get that in this league. Think we largely defended well, loads of energy in midfield and some lovely interplay by the front lads. Nunes was superb, that's the player we were all excited about. Costa, Gomes and Gomes all excellent too - in fact other than Sa and Sarabia, everybody was at least 'very good' as an individual, and it looked like each partnership or unit blended really well too.

Sarabia for Neto is the only change for me, you can't bring Neves straight back in and disturb that midfield

Back